PSABR Cross Play Beta Codes Being Sent Out

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11762 posts) -

Just got my code in the mail :D Code comes with a download for your PS3 and Vita. Anyone else get it? I'm downloading now.

#2 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
Was this something you signed up for, or a random code send? I'm a little jealous... :P
#3 Posted by A7xhto (78 posts) -

emial or regular mail? D;

#4 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11762 posts) -
[QUOTE="Granpire"]Was this something you signed up for, or a random code send? I'm a little jealous... :P

Yeah it was a signuo a few weeks ago.

A7xhto
email :P
#5 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
Heh. I'll check my mailbox tomorrow. :P Shame, I never saw the signups though, and I follow the PS Blog Closely on the Vita side.
#6 Posted by damann22 (7655 posts) -

Woke up, checked my email, and got obliterated in my first too matches. Still Its fun, and in my opinion, better than the ps3 version. I didnt experience any noticable lag either.

#7 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
ye i got mine yesterday... unfortunately its REALLY hard to find a match (maybe because im in australia and it only searches for local games?) But really enjoying it
#8 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11762 posts) -

Woke up, checked my email, and got obliterated in my first too matches. Still Its fun, and in my opinion, better than the ps3 version. I didnt experience any noticable lag either.

damann22
I haven't tried it on the PS3 yet but yeah I didn't do so well my first few matches :P It definitely does have a different feel from Smash. It looks like it but it plays differently. [QUOTE="campzor"]ye i got mine yesterday... unfortunately its REALLY hard to find a match (maybe because im in australia and it only searches for local games?) But really enjoying it

I've had a lot of problems playing it also. And I've gotten quite a few disconnections as well.
#9 Posted by A7xhto (78 posts) -
[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"][QUOTE="Granpire"]Was this something you signed up for, or a random code send? I'm a little jealous... :P

Yeah it was a signuo a few weeks ago.

A7xhto
email :P

Nice! gonna check mines now.
#10 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11762 posts) -
I'm not really good at this game. :P Out of the few playable characters I've only been able to get second place in a match using Kratos. The rest of the characters I usually get 4th or even 3rd. :P I'm not so hyped for the game now. The biggest problem for me is the KO system. I also use my specials at the wrong time on the PS3, for some reason I try to dodge with the PS3s R2 which would be like GameCube's R button used for dodging. The game plays very differently from Smash but I still get that Smash Bros. vibe and it tricks me :P
#11 Posted by TwistedShade (3139 posts) -

Bummer i didn't get a invite. I've been really interested to see how this game is.

#12 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

I got an invite, me and my brother played some 2 v 2 online and it was really fun. I tried it out on both PS3 and Vita, and they both play well, expect for one issue I have with the Vita version...activating Supers. To activate a Super on PS3 you simply have to press R2 and immediately perform a Super, on Vita you have to hit L + R at the same time, resulting in a lot of blocks, nothing at all, or actually pulling off a Super.

On another note about the game, I suck at it :lol:. It's hard for me to do well at a fighter without knowing the combos and what button does what action. This game is a lot harder than it looks on the surface, and you can't just button mash your way to victory.

#14 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]

I got an invite, me and my brother played some 2 v 2 online and it was really fun. I tried it out on both PS3 and Vita, and they both play well, expect for one issue I have with the Vita version...activating Supers. To activate a Super on PS3 you simply have to press R2 and immediately perform a Super, on Vita you have to hit L + R at the same time, resulting in a lot of blocks, nothing at all, or actually pulling off a Super.

Slashkice

Press 'R' before 'L' to avoid blocking.

I'll try that, but even so I think it will still be more unresponsive in comparison to the PS3 version. I feel like I had to repeatedly press the buttons until I pressed them both down simultaneously to get it to work. Hopefully something like this gets polished before release, it is the only way to score, and it shouldn't be this finicky. I'll try it again though, hopefully I'll have better luck. Thanks for the tip.
#15 Posted by sal_stinger (778 posts) -
I dont usually put my name in for beta but this one I did and was really hoping I get an email but I didn't. Oh well :(
#16 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11762 posts) -
I dont usually put my name in for beta but this one I did and was really hoping I get an email but I didn't. Oh well :( sal_stinger
They might still be sending out codes. Also check your spam box. Thats where my LBPK beta code was :P
#17 Posted by edwimata1234 (25 posts) -
how u got it
#18 Posted by Ovirew (8093 posts) -

how u got itedwimata1234
This is an old thread.