ChrisAnetkaC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 341

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ChrisAnetkaC
Member since 2004 • 726 Posts

Let's face it: 8K tvs are a reality already. On 8K UHD "objects shown can appear even more realistic than in real world". Is this what Sony is targeting with their new generation of console? Or is it going to be 4K initially, with a PS5 Pro band-aid patch released a couple of years later which will again "use ingenious visual trickery to create something that closely resembles 8K."? I think I know the answer.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I’m holding out for 128k TVs. Wait, make that 256. Wait...

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Does Sony sell any 8K TV's?

ChrisAnetkaC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ChrisAnetkaC

@Sevenizz: If that is true then you're not a human. Humans have a limit to their vision.

@pyro1245 said:

Yes. Google Sony Z9G.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Lmfao! Sony can’t even do 4k right yet. Why would they jump to 8k? 5fps gaming is NOT for me.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

4k&60 fps and 1080&60 fps thats the realistic target on ps5 and I hope sony make it happen

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

ahahahaha xD You need to be a blind fanboy if you think the PS5 will deliver 8k next gen xD Maybe the Ps5 Pro will output 8k as bad as the Ps4 Pro does 4k xD

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

It's strange thinking about 8k when there's troubles getting 4k around the board.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 sealionact  Online
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

No. Just no. Frankly, anybody buying an 8k TV now is an idiot, has too much money or both. Sony wouldn't release an 8k console even if they could, which they cant.

ChrisAnetkaC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChrisAnetkaC

It's a question of playing it safe vs. outpacing the competition. It's a question of whether there will ever be a PS6 or not - anything beyond 8K is frankly pointless. Last but not least it's a question of money - skipping a generation of technology is not good business practice (yes, I do think PS4 Pro is a joke). Regardless of how attractive 8K sounds I would be ok with a solid 4K BC console sold at a competitive price as opposed to a trouble-ridden unstable 8K one sold at an astronomical price. Even if it means deleting ads for a PS5 Pro later down the road on daily basis.

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zuon
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

Was I this optimistically stupid back when I was a PS2 fanboy?

Bottom line - if the GTX 2080 TI can't run games at 8k 30FPS, what makes you think an 8K PlayStation 5 is even in the realm of possibility?

Also, there's no such thing as "more realistic than the real world." That's actually impossible.

ChrisAnetkaC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ChrisAnetkaC

@vaidream45 said:

Lmfao! Sony can’t even do 4k right yet. Why would they jump to 8k? 5fps gaming is NOT for me.

You can safely say that at least true 4K for PS5 is a given. Unless they want to become the laughingstock of the world.

@CTR360 said:

4k&60 fps and 1080&60 fps thats the realistic target on ps5 and I hope sony make it happen

Plus an under-$300 price tag on it and they'll be back on top for a year or two. But that pretty much guarantees a PS5 Pro down the road. Yuck.

@ArchoNils2 said:

ahahahaha xD You need to be a blind fanboy if you think the PS5 will deliver 8k next gen xD Maybe the Ps5 Pro will output 8k as bad as the Ps4 Pro does 4k xD

Aside from name calling your skepticism may be well founded.

@robert_sparkes said:

It's strange thinking about 8k when there's troubles getting 4k around the board.

8K is real so why would that be strange for a technology company?

@sealionact said:

No. Just no. Frankly, anybody buying an 8k TV now is an idiot, has too much money or both. Sony wouldn't release an 8k console even if they could, which they cant.

What were your sources of information for that statement?

@Zuon said:

Bottom line - if the GTX 2080 TI can't run games at 8k 30FPS, what makes you think an 8K PlayStation 5 is even in the realm of possibility?

Also, there's no such thing as "more realistic than the real world." That's actually impossible.

You can leave comments like the first one for your kids rather than posting them on the internet. And read more carefully. You have information that PS5 is coming out this year? Is it a secret that technology changes at a fast pace and 1 year can make a big difference? The fact is that "An important milestone for 8K will be in 2020, with the Tokyo Olympics is expected to be broadcast at that resolution." You know for a fact that Sony will be out of the picture during that event in their home country? Why would Sony, being a Japanese company, would like to be left behind looking like a sad clown from a bygone era if that indeed is the same year PS5 will come out? You believe that the professionals they employ are morons incapable of designing a modern piece of hardware? What stops them from making PS5 8K-ready even if it's only a true 4K console? The only limit is the price of the components, the same as with X1X. They could well release more that 1 version of PS5 too. Just like Microsoft.

"more realistic than the real world." was a quote which you didn't notice. Again, read more carefully. What makes you the ultimate judge on what's possible and what's not anyway?

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zuon

@ChrisAnetkaC:

...I'm dumbfounded by your response to my comment.

First off, I can say whatever I want on the internet, and there are no rules preventing me from doing so (at least in terms of what I did say.)

Second, streaming 8K video of the Olympics is nowhere near as taxing on hardware as rendering a fully interactive 3D game world.

Third, Sony nor Microsoft is engaged in the business of creating graphics hardware. They get the graphics chips from dedicated GPU manufacturing companies (Nvidia/AMD) and put them in their consoles. Once again, not even Nvidia has a GPU capable of running games at 8k, and it is very unlikely that such hardware will even be available in 2020, seeing as their current flagship, the GTX 2080 Ti, was only released a couple of months ago.

And yes, I did notice it was a quote, but it was a mind-blowingly idiotic quote. Stop putting words in my mouth, and educate yourself please.

Edit: I just wanted to add that the only limit to 8k gaming ability is NOT money, it's if the GPU manufacturers are able to make the dye small enough that 8K gaming is possible without heating the card so much that it explodes.

As for my "authority" on this subject. IT has been my career for the past 7 years, and my hobby since age 5. I have built many of my own computers from Pentium 133 MS DOS machines to my current Windows 10 machine with an i7-6700 and a GTX 1080 Ti. I know what I'm talking about.

Also, if you do believe it is possible to create something "more realistic than real life," Let's put it to the test. I want you to imagine a new color. Can you? I'll wait.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Cant even do 4k yet and you want 8k? LOL, grow up kiddo.

I just want 1080p60 for everything and 4k30 HDR.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#16 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I don't keep up with things that well all the time, but I'm pretty sure 8K is a ways away. 4K is becoming more mainstream but it's still pretty expensive to take full advantage of. I'd be happy if the next playstation can manage to run even some games well enough in 4K to make buying a 4K TV a worthy investment in a couple of years.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

2016: can't do 1080 right

2019: can't do 4K right

202_: won't do 8K right.

I'm hoping for better quality textures, better framerate, and better gameplay. Basic everything better except for resolution.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

2016: can't do 1080 right

2019: can't do 4K right

202_: won't do 8K right.

I'm hoping for better quality textures, better framerate, and better gameplay. Basic everything better except for resolution.

Yeah I would rather them focus on textures then res. Make the game look life like.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

I really wish nobody would do 8K. Just get to 60fps

80% of the population in the US doesn't even have 4K yet.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GTR12

@speedytimsi said:

Why would Sony care about the US? the US was still in 4:3 land in 2006, Japan went 16:9 in 1998.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@ChrisAnetkaC said:

Let's face it: 8K tvs are a reality already. On 8K UHD "objects shown can appear even more realistic than in real world". Is this what Sony is targeting with their new generation of console? Or is it going to be 4K initially, with a PS5 Pro band-aid patch released a couple of years later which will again "use ingenious visual trickery to create something that closely resembles 8K."? I think I know the answer.

You are delusional. Top end graphics card now are barely doing 4k60. lol

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Diddies

@ChrisAnetkaC said:
@vaidream45 said:

You can safely say that at least true 4K for PS5 is a given. Unless they want to become the laughingstock of the world.

@CTR360 said:

Plus an under-$300 price tag on it and they'll be back on top for a year or two. But that pretty much guarantees a PS5 Pro down the road. Yuck.

@ArchoNils2 said:

Aside from name calling your skepticism may be well founded.

@robert_sparkes said:

8K is real so why would that be strange for a technology company?

@sealionact said:

What were your sources of information for that statement?

@Zuon said:

You can leave comments like the first one for your kids rather than posting them on the internet. And read more carefully. You have information that PS5 is coming out this year? Is it a secret that technology changes at a fast pace and 1 year can make a big difference? The fact is that "An important milestone for 8K will be in 2020, with the Tokyo Olympics is expected to be broadcast at that resolution." You know for a fact that Sony will be out of the picture during that event in their home country? Why would Sony, being a Japanese company, would like to be left behind looking like a sad clown from a bygone era if that indeed is the same year PS5 will come out? You believe that the professionals they employ are morons incapable of designing a modern piece of hardware? What stops them from making PS5 8K-ready even if it's only a true 4K console? The only limit is the price of the components, the same as with X1X. They could well release more that 1 version of PS5 too. Just like Microsoft.

"more realistic than the real world." was a quote which you didn't notice. Again, read more carefully. What makes you the ultimate judge on what's possible and what's not anyway?

You know nothing about hardware then if this is what you are saying. it isn't just about the price of the components, it is that they do not exist at this time to do that and won't exist for quite some time for consumers. 8K gaming is out of question for quite some time. It will not be on PS5...not questions about it.

ChrisAnetkaC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ChrisAnetkaC

@Zuon: There are rules on discussion boards not to mention certain rules of conduct and decency one should try to follow if one wants to engage in a conversation with others. Individuals who unfailingly believe they "can say whatever they want on the internet" soon find themselves confined to their own blogs with minimal traffic, and maybe to cavemen.com. Thanks for a short summary of the state of technology today, first week of April 2019 (too bad it was delivered in such a condescending manner like you believe all but you are halfwits in this world). Some say the PS5 will come out in 2021 but you seem to firmly believe it will be next week. I have no doubt you know what you're talking about but merely mentioning GTX 2080 Ti (as if it was some secret knowledge only accessible to you) does not automatically equate you with Jensen Huang. I would like to see his face, by the way, when he hears that his supposedly power-efficient Turing will melt while trying to output 8K. There are individuals out there who have done benchmark tests to prove these cards can do 8K 60fps video gaming and surprise - they did and didn't melt in the process. Of course, they used the NVLink bridge in their setup but GTX 2080 Ti is just the beginning.

I haven't tried to put anything in your mouth so keep your disgusting metaphors to yourself. The definition of "realistic" is "representing familiar things in a way that is accurate or true to life." so imagining a new color has nothing to do with realism as far as human senses are concerned, with dreams more like. A failed, mind-blowingly idiotic example.

I educate myself every day and I suggest you do the same. In this day and age, and at the dawn of 8K gaming it's a must.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

If PS5 does 8k on every game how much would the console cost.

ChrisAnetkaC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ChrisAnetkaC

@SoNin360 said:

I don't keep up with things that well all the time, but I'm pretty sure 8K is a ways away. 4K is becoming more mainstream but it's still pretty expensive to take full advantage of. I'd be happy if the next playstation can manage to run even some games well enough in 4K to make buying a 4K TV a worthy investment in a couple of years.

I want the same thing you do. I don't even have a 4K TV myself yet so if PS5 is going to be some mastodon that will attempt to do 8K, true or in PS4 Pro-like fashion, just to impress the competition, at a price tag of about $1,000.00, then it won't be worth getting for the 5 exclusives that aren't on Steam.

@speedytimsi said:

How about both? Apparently 4K is being adopted at a faster rate than 1080 though.

@Diddies: You know nothing about hardware then if this is what you are saying. it isn't just about the price of the components, it is that they do not exist at this time to do that and won't exist for quite some time for consumers. 8K gaming is out of question for quite some time. It will not be on PS5...not questions about it.

I do not pretend to be an expert in hardware. However, there are 3 options that I see:

1. PS5 (4K) with PS4 Pro BC, PS5 Pro, PS6

2. PS5 and PS5 Pro combination called PS5 pretending to do 4K-8K with enhanced upscaling for BC PS4 games, PS6

3. PS5

I can see #1 happening if PS5 is released between now and spring 2020. Option #2 anytime past that timeframe, and option #3 beyond 5 years maybe. Contradictory to your assumptions, I would like to see #1 happen like the majority of others, with 0 interest in the mid-step later. I'm not wealthy and don't need bleeding edge technology. Why the spring 2020 deadline? Because I can already imagine Playstation CEO announcing excitedly while the Tokyo Olympics are streaming at 8K in the summer of 2020: "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm very proud and blessed indeed to introduce to you Playstation 5, the 4K console capable of 60fps, available Christmas 2021!" and giving a demo of this beast on a Sony 8K TV standing next to him. The excitement, the applause, the yeeehaws, hugs and kisses... And the Microsoft team standing there in the corner with their heads hung low, kicking the X1X (which was capable of exactly the same thing 3 years prior) under the table. Yes, yes, you're right, that's the most likely scenario, no doubt about it! I see the light now! Forget 8K. Sony will undoubtedly look to satisfying the needs of the 1080 consumers first and foremost when PS5 releases in a year or two.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Diddies

@ChrisAnetkaC said:
@SoNin360 said:

I want the same thing you do. I don't even have a 4K TV myself yet so if PS5 is going to be some mastodon that will attempt to do 8K, true or in PS4 Pro-like fashion, just to impress the competition, at a price tag of about $1,000.00, then it won't be worth getting for the 5 exclusives that aren't on Steam.

@speedytimsi said:

How about both? Apparently 4K is being adopted at a faster rate than 1080 though.

@Diddies: You know nothing about hardware then if this is what you are saying. it isn't just about the price of the components, it is that they do not exist at this time to do that and won't exist for quite some time for consumers. 8K gaming is out of question for quite some time. It will not be on PS5...not questions about it.

I do not pretend to be an expert in hardware. However, there are 3 options that I see:

1. PS5 (4K) with PS4 Pro BC, PS5 Pro, PS6

2. PS5 and PS5 Pro combination called PS5 pretending to do 4K-8K with enhanced upscaling for BC PS4 games, PS6

3. PS5

I can see #1 happening if PS5 is released between now and spring 2020. Option #2 anytime past that timeframe, and option #3 beyond 5 years maybe. Contradictory to your assumptions, I would like to see #1 happen like the majority of others, with 0 interest in the mid-step later. I'm not wealthy and don't need bleeding edge technology. Why the spring 2020 deadline? Because I can already imagine Playstation CEO announcing excitedly while the Tokyo Olympics are streaming at 8K in the summer of 2020: "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm very proud and blessed indeed to introduce to you Playstation 5, the 4K console capable of 60fps, available Christmas 2021!" and giving a demo of this beast on a Sony 8K TV standing next to him. The excitement, the applause, the yeeehaws, hugs and kisses... And the Microsoft team standing there in the corner with their heads hung low, kicking the X1X (which was capable of exactly the same thing 3 years prior) under the table. Yes, yes, you're right, that's the most likely scenario, no doubt about it! I see the light now! Forget 8K. Sony will undoubtedly look to satisfying the needs of the 1080 consumers first and foremost when PS5 releases in a year or two.

Well then you wouldn't trying to be talking about this as fact. The Pro or the X do not do anything well at 4K. Anything that is 4K on both of those consoles has graphic settings turned way down or are very dynamic 4K which really never truly 4K. The PS5 won't even come close to top of the line graphics cards that are out now which are just about over 4K60 on ultra. PS5 will struggle to be a native 4K gaming experience unless textures are dramatically reduced and FPS are reduced.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GTR12

@Diddies: Don't bother with him, he's probably a 10 yr old who hears buzzwords like 8k, touchscreen controller etc and believes the next console will do ALL of these things flawlessly.

Technology cant even do 4k yet, and he wants 8k.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Diddies

@GTR12 said:

@Diddies: Don't bother with him, he's probably a 10 yr old who hears buzzwords like 8k, touchscreen controller etc and believes the next console will do ALL of these things flawlessly.

Technology cant even do 4k yet, and he wants 8k.

Well I guess I should let him dream. lol

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

So silly lol. 8k gaming isn’t even realistic on a $4000 pc with 4 gtx 2080 ti gpu’s in it and this fanboy thinks the nezt $300-500 Sony console will do it. Do some research before making threads like this little dude.

ChrisAnetkaC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ChrisAnetkaC

@robert_sparkes said:

If PS5 does 8k on every game how much would the console cost.

That is the problem. Or it isn't. If it's built of high-end components (and consoles never are, just custom ones) it will cost a lot but Sony will insist game devs continue making their games playable on PS4, PS4 Pro and PS5. Good enough for me to enjoy the few PS exclusives for a few years to come, while leaving the UHD content to the X1X. Some hope the PS5 GPU will match NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 which is capable of 7680 x 4320. As Sony continues their collaboration with AMD (which basically means automatic backwards compatibility with PS4 and PS4 Pro games via enhanced checkerboarding which is not going anywhere, you can bet on that) that GPU will be a customized AMD of course - AMD Navi. AMD is back in the game after falling behind NVIDIA and that got me thinking they are planning something big with Playstation, like going for 8K, or at least past the 3840 x 2160 margin while maintaining a decent fps (sometimes anyway). They are certainly planning to release video cards that will match NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 20-series and at a very competitive price from what I heard. I wish them well of course but their potential high goals make me uneasy - they should release 2 versions of PS5, a and b. PS5a for budget consumers like myself, and PS5b for those with thick wallets and high expectations. The fact is nobody has the facts yet (and those facts can change even in the last minute). Except the local illiterate trolls at GS's "Playstation Nation" forum of course. The folks at Sony know full well that without their priceless expertise the PS5 would be a complete failure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#31 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Anything below 8k/120fps is a failure. Base PS5 will probably be 16k/240fps.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GTR12

Awww OP got run out by SW and started crying so he's trying to troll this board with nonsense and calling anyone that doesn't agree with him an illiterate troll.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Diddies

@ChrisAnetkaC: you are dillusional on this topic and have no idea what you are talking about especially about hardware and marketing. A 2070 playin games at 8k? What modern games is this playing? PS should NEVER dual release two different PS5s. That would confuse the hell out of the market and you would have games being made for the low budget PS5 with minor tweaks for the higher end which wouldn’t sell well. This makes no sense. It is obvious you are too young to know anything about this business.

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zuon

@ChrisAnetkaC: I mean, yeah, I'm rooting for NAVI as much as anyone, but historically, ever since ATI was bought out by AMD, they have never released a GPU that posed a threat to NVIDIA.

ChrisAnetkaC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ChrisAnetkaC

@Zuon said:

@ChrisAnetkaC: I mean, yeah, I'm rooting for NAVI as much as anyone, but historically, ever since ATI was bought out by AMD, they have never released a GPU that posed a threat to NVIDIA.

That is true but apparently Navi is expected to compete with NVIDIA's Turing GPUs in performance and price. You deal with these things on daily basis so you may be happy about the direction things are going but I'm worried that this means Sony (encouraged by AMD) may be tempted to get too ambitious, and in the end create a product that will attempt too much in order to impress the competition. And that means higher price. I don't have a PS4 Pro and I don't like it because of its fake 4K but this I know this is not fair. There is no denying checkerboard rendering helps PS compete with high end PCs and I see no reason to doubt enhanced checkerboard rendering in PS5, combined with better hardware, may target higher regions of resolution than PS4 Pro does. If it looks decent on a 4K TV, it will only look better in higher resolutions. Less noticeable blur during motion as well maybe.

The good news of course is that Sony and AMD have enlisted the absolutely essential assistance of the GS' "Playstation Nation" forum experts (aka mindless trolls) whose combined brainpower (or lack thereof) will undoubtedly ensure a successful outcome - I mean someone needs to go get the coffee, and we all know how absolutely essential coffee is to the development of new technologies. The comic relief provided by the imbecile gibberish will additionally have the health benefit of relieving stress. They may want to keep them gagged most of the time though as prolonged exposure to such treatment may cause permanent brain damage. Plus we wouldn't want this entire effort turning into a new season of "The Office", would we?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pyro1245
@ChrisAnetkaC said:

@Sevenizz: If that is true then you're not a human. Humans have a limit to their vision.

@pyro1245 said:

Yes. Google Sony Z9G.

Well yeah then they should give people a reason to buy them. PS5 8K let's get it

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GTR12

@pyro1245 said:
@ChrisAnetkaC said:

@pyro1245 said:

Yes. Google Sony Z9G.

Well yeah then they should give people a reason to buy them. PS5 8K let's get it

WOW you believe the troll...

Its not even available, its just a "CES TV", and its coming soon, when is that? no-one fucking knows, and yet he thinks "they sell it".

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 pyro1245
@GTR12 said:
@pyro1245 said:
@ChrisAnetkaC said:

@pyro1245 said:

Yes. Google Sony Z9G.

WOW you believe the troll...

Its not even available, its just a "CES TV", and its coming soon, when is that? no-one fucking knows, and yet he thinks "they sell it".

I guess I forgot the /sarcasm tag

HDMI 2.1 doesn't even support 8K at frame rates over 30 without compression. Next gen will have to wait.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

@Zuon: yes it is . the amount of bw need to stream 8k. pray to god low end 80mb. to well over 100mb . just to stream it super compress. this is per stream to 1 person.

god l love the arm chair commander sprouting so much lies. when you ask them do you film or edit said content. they never reply back.

i also think it super funny no one. i mean no one talking about the storage size for it.

what do i know ......... working with 4k content... and 8k...

looks over to his high end work station ...... that can run 3 gaming rig in vm.... then at the file server that has 50tb. due to data sizes of said content.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#40 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Upscalesatation confirmed!

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

They also said backwards compatible. We all heard this before, nothing but lies. I believe it when I see it.

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Zuon

@firedrakes: When you said "Armchair commander," Are you referring to me? I'm confused, because I not only compress my own Blu-ray films (which I've posted my settings on these forums) and I have a YouTube channel. I'm lazy and don't edit videos often, but I do edit. I use Cyberlink PowerDirector 13.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

I'm still watching Netflix on the 720p plan. I'm not sure why people don't think 8k is possible on Indies and sports games? Pro does them easily and ps5 should be at least twice the power of Pro. I'm guessing we'll see very few native 8k games at first, but they'll come later on once more TV's are out there. More demanding games will be native 4k 30/60fps.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By firedrakes

@Zuon said:

@firedrakes: When you said "Armchair commander," Are you referring to me? I'm confused, because I not only compress my own Blu-ray films (which I've posted my settings on these forums) and I have a YouTube channel. I'm lazy and don't edit videos often, but I do edit. I use Cyberlink PowerDirector 13.

no most of the comments around the net. that have been posting they know this or that. when i ask them.

they think 2k,4k,8,12k is a disc,video, the list goes on. they also think its a dvd....... many times a dvd.......... idk why.

the i ask what of this fields your in related to video,imag/media art, game dev. . they refuse to say. i caught them in a lie .

am telling you what they get real mad . when you call them out.(again not you) had a person on i...g.... n forum post on the subject. he keep saying some bs.... i ask him 3 times. does he/she work in the fields that is related to. 3 times!!! instead the person went on rants at me. the person never answer my question

how stupid people are.... they think both netflix and amazon. film everything in 4k or 8k and are the largest produce of the content...

last part was a bit of a rant. but still they have the power of the world in the figure tips yet never learn from it.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GTR12

@firedrakes: GS also has those people here, we just keep them in a corner and locked up in a cage called System Wars :)

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@joshrmeyer: that's what I thought. I can see indie/old games being played at 8k quite easily. I predict 8k for certain games at 30fps, 4k at 30-60fps (depending on the game) and 1080p at whatever the screen can handle. They might use (can't remember exactly what it's called it's on PC for most games now) automatic graphic changes for the games.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 firedrakes

@npiet1: just asking do you realizes how big 8k data is???

cayde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 528

#48 cayde
Member since 2019 • 868 Posts

@GTR12 said:

@firedrakes: GS also has those people here, we just keep them in a corner and locked up in a cage called System Wars :)

System war! what?

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

It's for futureproofing. The console should be able to output 8K for:

- 8K physical media

- 8K streaming

- VR

- Upscaling 4K games on 8K TVs

- Checkerboard rendering (or similar techniques) on 8K TVs

The PS4 Pro outputs at 4K yet renders at like 1800p.

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Zuon

@firedrakes: Ah, thanks for clarifying. Similarly, I found it rather odd that my post here was probably the first to debunk the OP using my career knowledge in the tech field. But I'm glad you also know what you're talking about.