PS4 Slim (No video after 5.53 update but I hear the sound just fine)??

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Hey guys. I recently bought a new PS4 Slim and connected it to my TECO 21 Inch TV in my room and was gaming on it no problem.

I then installed the 5.53 update and now I can hear the system music when you switch on the PS4 but can't see a thing. I tried the tutorials on resetting the resolution, restored default settings etc.

I then checked if it is the TV that is the issue by taking it to the TV in the lounge and it works perfectly in the lounge (Proving the TV is the problem) Just finished playing at least a few hours of Horizon on the LG 52 Inch Tv in the lounge. What is even more confusing is the TV in the lounge is older than the small one I use to game on in my room.

I then plugged my PS3 into the TECO 21 inch tv in my room and it boots up perfectly fine. Audio & Video and I even played a game for a few minutes to make sure it works well and it does so now I am REALLY confused as to why it doesn't work with my PS4 but it does with my PS3

Anyone got any tips for me on how to fix this? I switched off HDCP and saw someone say get an HDMI Splitter but I dont wanna spend more money on something unless I am fairly sure it will fix the problem.

Thank you in advance:)

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Try changing the resolution on the TV first, if that doesn't work you could Try reinstalling the update it will delete everything though, https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/ . it can fix some issues like this as this

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

@npiet1 said:

Try changing the resolution on the TV first, if that doesn't work you could Try reinstalling the update it will delete everything though, https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/ . it can fix some issues like this as this

Tried doing this before backing up my saves. Didn't work. Same problem.