PS4 Regionsal Blocks

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Wutchi (25 posts) -

Hello, guys :)

I know that PS4 is not regionally blocked but I wanted to check it just in case)

I always move from Korea to Russia and visa versa. (I spend more time in Korea), so there are few questions about this issue (I just want to check before buying anything).

1. Should I buy the consol in Korea (it's cheaper) or in Russia if I will be buying Russian/USA games?

2. If I buy PS4 in Korea will it support English/Russian language and games?

3. Will I be able to purchase games on-line from another region (or at least change the laguage of the game. For example, I purchase the game in Korean region and it is translated into Korean. Will I be able to buy English version?)

And any other suggestions would help a lot :)

P.s. I hope you can understand my broken English.

#2 Posted by GTR12 (12507 posts) -

@wutchi:

1. Korea, its cheaper.

2. Yes

3. No, unless you have 2 accounts and 2 payment methods. You can change language.

#3 Edited by Wutchi (25 posts) -

@GTR12: Thanks for the answer :)

#4 Edited by Articuno76 (19769 posts) -

@GTR12 said:

@wutchi:

1. Korea, its cheaper.

2. Yes

3. No, unless you have 2 accounts and 2 payment methods. You can change language.

An addendum: You can always buy points cards for one region from a site like Play Asia (through Paypal) which means you'd only need 1 payment method. A bit of a hassle but it's workable.

#5 Posted by GTR12 (12507 posts) -

@Articuno76:

I assumed TC meant buying physical copies of games online and then having it shipped.