darkcama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darkcama
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts

I want to get a canadian version of NBA 2k18, with DeMar DeRozan on the cover, I'm Australian so if i get a canadian friend to ship it over, will it play just fine? Will i have any problems? Thanks.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@SoNin360 said:

@darkcama: Should be pretty easy to make it on your console. I remember making a Dubai account so I could play the Destiny Beta or something. That was on the PS3, though, but I don't think it's much different on the PS4. You may need to look up a random address in the region to use if I remember right.

Yeah PS4 regions are the same, just make a Canadian account, redeem DLC and go back to the Aus account and play, DONT DELETE THE CANADIAN ACCOUNT, just sign out.

I have all 4 regions (back from PS3 days) US, HK, Japan and my main account Australia.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#3 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Yeah, the PS4 is region free so it can play discs from any region. Not too sure about digital content, though.

darkcama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darkcama

@SoNin360 said:

Yeah, the PS4 is region free so it can play discs from any region. Not too sure about digital content, though.

So if i want the pre-order bonus with it.. i cant get it?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SoNin360

@darkcama: To my understanding, yeah, DLC is region locked. But could make a Canadian account and get the DLC that way. Googling "playstation 4 dlc region lock" should give you more info should you need it.

darkcama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By darkcama

@SoNin360: Alright! Thanks :D

Is making a canadian acc hard tho? And could i use it on my ps4 here in aus? or do i have to like do it online? Anyway thanks for all ur help

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SoNin360

@darkcama: Should be pretty easy to make it on your console. I remember making a Dubai account so I could play the Destiny Beta or something. That was on the PS3, though, but I don't think it's much different on the PS4. You may need to look up a random address in the region to use if I remember right.

darkcama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 darkcama

@GTR12 said:
@SoNin360 said:

Yeah PS4 regions are the same, just make a Canadian account, redeem DLC and go back to the Aus account and play, DONT DELETE THE CANADIAN ACCOUNT, just sign out.

I have all 4 regions (back from PS3 days) US, HK, Japan and my main account Australia.

Not sure it'll be good tho... Will the DLC work on the Aus account? And even so.. one of the things is bonus VC which would most likely go to the canadian acc only :(

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@darkcama: The DLC will work, I have 4 US games, which all have US DLC, those were activated on my US account, which now work on my Aus account.

As for VC (virtual currency I think?), I don't know.