PS4 Install Times

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PKMaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PKMaxx
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I purchased Need for Speed Rivals from the PSN store today and played through the training missions. At that point I was told that the game had to install, it's being doing so since 9am this morning (it's now 4pm) and is only on 51%, is anyone else having this problem?

I've had similar issues with AC4 when I play the game up to a certain point and then am told it has to install the next section which can take up to an hour. Is this normal? If so it's really frustrating.

I've also had troubles a couple of times with the pulsing blue light when I put the machine into standby and it won't recongnise the controller....... Just wanted to see if these are common problems before I go working through the trouble shooting guide....

Cheers people.

Carl_W21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Carl_W21
Member since 2004 • 2021 Posts

It could be that scheduled network maintenance is being carried out.

I could not access PSN or SEN account or Store, so I am sure this will affect downloads too.

It was planned for 4-midnight in UK time. But I think they started early, about 1pm and SONY said on twitter it was going to be around 5 hours, so 6pm UK time it should be fine.

My connection has been intermittent with regards to SEN account and such, so probably why it's downloading all day, connection will be up and down.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#4 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I haven't had any of those issues but I think that Carl_W21 pretty much summed up what your problems could be.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Wow that's ridiculous! What the heck is it downloading and how much? Did it specify to you the amount of data to download?

Thajewbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Thajewbear
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts

As mentioned, it was the maintenence. I actually wasn't able to connect to the Internet at all unfortunately when I got home from work around 8 am EST. It works now and should not give you trouble anymore. Anything I've ever downloaded/installed on my ps4 has been very fast.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

It was scheduled maintenance today from 8am-2pm, that's why.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Oh ok. Well that sucks because I'm running a limited data hotspot so that would maybe eat up my data?