Ps3/Xbox 360 Game Disc Capacity?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by bigshot514 (90 posts) -
hey i was wondering what is the capacity of the disc that the Ps3/Xbox 360 games come on?(hd/blu ray dvd) or does the ps3 gets the full 50gb capacity of the blu ray disc and the xbox 360 gets the full 30gb capacity of the hd dvd? thanks for the help.
#2 Posted by Tlahui (1552 posts) -
Xbox is I think 9 dual layered, PS3 25 in one layer.
#3 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -
The 360 is capped @ 9GB DVD's. The PS3 is currently using 25GB BR discs with the possibility for growth into 50GB discs.
#4 Posted by Fists1 (980 posts) -

your question isnt making much sense, the games come on the discs, the discs are thdiscs and therfore have all the same properties as the discs, even the title of disc. Bluray is only 50GB when dual layered i think, no idea about HD-DVD.

If you tell me why you want to know I might be able to help more

#5 Posted by zeforgotten (3918 posts) -

your question isnt making much sense, the games come on the discs, the discs are thdiscs and therfore have all the same properties as the discs, even the title of disc. Bluray is only 50GB when dual layered i think, no idea about HD-DVD.

Fists1

then it should be taken to another board, cause this is not it -.-

#6 Posted by Fists1 (980 posts) -
[QUOTE="Fists1"]

zeforgotten

then it should be taken to another board, cause this is not it -.-

blue pyjamas, in other words that made absolutely no sense to me

#7 Posted by Gamefisher86 (588 posts) -

The 360 is capped @ 9GB DVD's. The PS3 is currently using 25GB BR discs with the possibility for growth into 50GB discs.emitsu97

i know this is off topic but That is a nice ass eclipse!!!!! what year? 97 ?? :D

#8 Posted by ryank285 (1152 posts) -
The 360 doesnt even use HD DVD disks for the games. In order to play HD DVD movies, you have to buy an add-on player. 360 is using a regular DVD disc. A couple of posts above me states it is using the maximum allowed at 9 GB. ps3 is currently using 25GB with the capability of going up to 200GB which is currently being worked on.
#9 Posted by ryank285 (1152 posts) -

[QUOTE="emitsu97"]The 360 is capped @ 9GB DVD's. The PS3 is currently using 25GB BR discs with the possibility for growth into 50GB discs.Gamefisher86

i know this is off topic but That is a nice ass eclipse!!!!! what year? 97 ?? :D

Ricers being popular went the way of the dodo bird...

#10 Posted by Gamefisher86 (588 posts) -
[QUOTE="Gamefisher86"]

[QUOTE="emitsu97"]The 360 is capped @ 9GB DVD's. The PS3 is currently using 25GB BR discs with the possibility for growth into 50GB discs.ryank285

wha..? :|

#11 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -

i know this is off topic but That is a nice ass eclipse!!!!! what year? 97 ?? :DGamefisher86

Yes indeedy! Good eye. =)

#12 Posted by Fists1 (980 posts) -
[QUOTE="ryank285"][QUOTE="Gamefisher86"]

[QUOTE="emitsu97"]The 360 is capped @ 9GB DVD's. The PS3 is currently using 25GB BR discs with the possibility for growth into 50GB discs.Gamefisher86

a ricer is a person who mods japanese cars, generally paying more for bodykits than for turbos and such as I understand it

#13 Posted by Gamefisher86 (588 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gamefisher86"]i know this is off topic but That is a nice ass eclipse!!!!! what year? 97 ?? :Demitsu97

Yes indeedy! Good eye. =)

thank you thank you and u my friend have good taste in cars... i am currently looking for a 98 3000gt vr-4

#14 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -

Gamefisher86

What is it with the haters today? Horsepower is horsepower.

#15 Posted by Gamefisher86 (588 posts) -
[QUOTE="Gamefisher86"][QUOTE="ryank285"][QUOTE="Gamefisher86"]

[QUOTE="emitsu97"]The 360 is capped @ 9GB DVD's. The PS3 is currently using 25GB BR discs with the possibility for growth into 50GB discs.Fists1

a ricer is a person who mods japanese cars, generally paying more for bodykits than for turbos and such as I understand it

oooooooo :o still a really nice car though... :D

#16 Posted by ryank285 (1152 posts) -
[QUOTE="Gamefisher86"]

emitsu97

The Eclipse and horsepower are never used in the same sentence.

#17 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -

thank you thank you and u my friend have good taste in cars... i am currently looking for a 98 3000gt vr-4

Gamefisher86

Why thank you, you as well. :) That's an even more rare car to find than mine. There were only about 1200 of mine made in 97. It's a GSX, not stock.

#18 Posted by Gamefisher86 (588 posts) -
[QUOTE="emitsu97"][QUOTE="Gamefisher86"]

ryank285

actually i seen some really fast eclipses... they are nice cars and kinda like the 3000gt's lil brother :)

#19 Posted by Fists1 (980 posts) -

ryank285

you better not be a skyline fanboy, also he didnt use Eclipse and horsepower in the same sentance, you did.

#20 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -

ryank285

I'm guessing you don't know it's a turbo AWD car, you know, like STI's, EVO's, Porsches.

#21 Posted by ryank285 (1152 posts) -
[QUOTE="ryank285"][QUOTE="emitsu97"][QUOTE="Gamefisher86"]

Gamefisher86

actually i seen some really fast eclipses... they are nice cars and kinda like the 3000gt's lil brother :)

Yeah, it is because of turbo chargers and NOS. I am talking PURE horsepower, like a Mustang, Camaro, Viper, Corvette, etc.

#22 Posted by ryank285 (1152 posts) -
[QUOTE="ryank285"][QUOTE="emitsu97"][QUOTE="Gamefisher86"]

Fists1

you better not be a skyline fanboy, also he didnt use Eclipse and horsepower in the same sentance, you did.

Skylines? Pfffffft... what a joke.

#23 Posted by Gamefisher86 (588 posts) -
[QUOTE="Gamefisher86"]

emitsu97

Why thank you, you as well. :) That's an even more rare car to find than mine. There were only about 1200 of mine made in 97. It's a GSX, not stock.

wow :) u need to come over here to southern cali and show off ur car! or at least let me drive it :P

#24 Posted by ryank285 (1152 posts) -

Gamefisher86

wow :) u need to come over here to southern cali and show off ur car! or at least let me drive it :P

Why, so you can ride his shifter?

#25 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -

Yeah, it is because of turbo chargers and NOS. I am talking PURE horsepower, like a Mustang, Camaro, Viper, Corvette, etc.

ryank285

Oh boy...

Those are all nice cars, but there's nothing wrong with power adders. In fact, there's generally greater bolt-on performance gains available to cars that come stock with FI over straight NA vehicles. Also, you might want to take a look at all the available power adder applications for your supposed elite vehicles. Also consider bolt-on Supras putting out 800hp easy.

#26 Posted by Fists1 (980 posts) -
ryan if you have such big muscles why are you on a gaming site, anyway a *** car could whip a ford anyday
#27 Posted by FFF4N4T1C (925 posts) -

I think the current Blu-Ray capacity is 50GB dual-layered, but I know I've heard that Blu-Ray discs are capable of at least 100GB. X360 is topped off at 9GB, but that's not HD-DVD, I think it's just normal DVD.

#28 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -

Why, so you can ride his shifter?

ryank285

Ah the wonder that is internet anonimity.

#29 Posted by Gamefisher86 (588 posts) -
[QUOTE="Gamefisher86"][QUOTE="ryank285"][QUOTE="emitsu97"][QUOTE="Gamefisher86"]

ryank285

well duh :P but they are nice cars non the less.... now if we are talking about raw horsepower... i will be happy with a Shelby GT500 mustang:D a 2007 would be nice... or a 2008 Z06 corvette or even a pontiac GTO 2006 ( in australia they are the Holden Monaro) :P

#30 Posted by ryank285 (1152 posts) -

ryan if you have such big muscles why are you on a gaming site, anyway a *** car could whip a ford anydayFists1

I highly doubt a japanese car can whoop a Ford Shelby or Ford GT. If you are talking about japanese cars vs. american cars... don't forget that chrysler makes the fastest car in the world.

#31 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -

a ricer is a person who mods japanese cars, generally paying more for bodykits than for turbos and such as I understand it Fists1

That would be pretty accurate. With that in mind, notice it's stock bodied and has a FMIC.

#32 Posted by ryank285 (1152 posts) -

I think the current Blu-Ray capacity is 50GB dual-layered, but I know I've heard that Blu-Ray discs are capable of at least 100GB. X360 is topped off at 9GB, but that's not HD-DVD, I think it's just normal DVD.

FFF4N4T1C

Actually, they are capable of 200GB, or about to be.

#33 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -

I highly doubt a japanese car can whoop a Ford Shelby or Ford GT. If you are talking about japanese cars vs. american cars... don't forget that chrysler makes the fastest car in the world.

ryank285

What car might that be? You also may want to check out Nissan's new GT-R.

#34 Posted by Gamefisher86 (588 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fists1"]ryan if you have such big muscles why are you on a gaming site, anyway a *** car could whip a ford anydayryank285

ok now dont get me wrong i love american muscle but why was dodge/chrysler copying mitsubishi? 3000gt/dodge stealth and eclipse/ the talon ??? japanese cars were very fast and for not even having v8 engines most only topped v6's would smoke the compatiton... supra being a really good example.

#35 Posted by Fists1 (980 posts) -
how fast is your so called chrysler? are you talking NASA shiat because Europeans have many cars that go well past 300MpH
#36 Posted by ryank285 (1152 posts) -
[QUOTE="ryank285"]

emitsu97

Chrysler ME 412. I am not sure if it is THE fastest car in the world but it is certainly in the top 3. 0-60 in 2.9 seconds, impressive. I believe the fastest car in the world title belongs to the Bugati Veyron which is a subsidiary of Volkswagen. Here's an interesting fact for you, Volkswagen was established with Adolf Hitler in mind.

#37 Posted by ryank285 (1152 posts) -

how fast is your so called chrysler? are you talking NASA shiat because Europeans have many cars that go well past 300MpHFists1

I don't own the car, it's like 1 million dollars...

#38 Posted by Fists1 (980 posts) -
[QUOTE="ryank285"]

emitsu97

yeah that GT-R is sick as over 200MpH AND it can turn, pretty cheap aswell, atleast compared to a porshe

#39 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -
[QUOTE="ryank285"]

ok now dont get me wrong i love american muscle but why was dodge/chrysler copying mitsubishi? 3000gt/dodge stealth and eclipse/ the talon ??? japanese cars were very fast and for not even having v8 engines most only topped v6's would smoke the compatiton... supra being a really good example.

Gamefisher86

Joint venture to develop a new world engine. The two companies have been working together for some time. The models you mentioned actually share many major parts even though they're badged as being from different companies. The American mantra for many years was more pistons equals more power. That mentality has changed over the years and you see lots of supercharged and turbocharged mustangs, SVT's being the most obvious. Corvettes aren't shy with turbocharging and neither are Vipers. Full race ready kits are available for all American branded cars.

#40 Posted by Gamefisher86 (588 posts) -

how fast is your so called chrysler? are you talking NASA shiat because Europeans have many cars that go well past 300MpHFists1

well european cars are in a different category :P oh but u know the new infiniti g37 out preformed anewer BMW i dont know which one though I thought that was pretty cool

#41 Posted by ryank285 (1152 posts) -
[QUOTE="ryank285"]

[QUOTE="Fists1"]ryan if you have such big muscles why are you on a gaming site, anyway a *** car could whip a ford anydayGamefisher86

Uh, competition always emulate or one up on each other. Like the Nissan Titan for example... that's a total F-150 knock off.

#42 Posted by Fists1 (980 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fists1"]how fast is your so called chrysler? are you talking NASA shiat because Europeans have many cars that go well past 300MpHryank285

yes but how fast is the chrysler

#43 Posted by ryank285 (1152 posts) -
[QUOTE="ryank285"]

[QUOTE="Fists1"]how fast is your so called chrysler? are you talking NASA shiat because Europeans have many cars that go well past 300MpHFists1

yes but how fast is the chrysler

0-60 in like 2.9 seconds.

#44 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -

Chrysler ME 412. I am not sure if it is THE fastest car in the world but it is certainly in the top 3. 0-60 in 2.9 seconds, impressive. I believe the fastest car in the world title belongs to the Bugati Veyron which is a subsidiary of Volkswagen. Here's an interesting fact for you, Volkswagen was established with Adolf Hitler in mind.

ryank285

I would think the Veyron is the fastest production car, never heard of the ME 412.

#45 Posted by Gamefisher86 (588 posts) -
[QUOTE="Gamefisher86"][QUOTE="ryank285"]

emitsu97

Joint venture to develop a new world engine. The two companies have been working together for some time. The models you mentioned actually share many major parts even though they're badged as being from different companies. The American mantra for many years was more pistons equals more power. That mentality has changed over the years and you see lots of supercharged and turbocharged mustangs, SVT's being the most obvious. Corvettes aren't shy with turbocharging and neither are Vipers. Full race ready kits are available for all American branded cars.

good answer :P

#46 Posted by ryank285 (1152 posts) -
[QUOTE="ryank285"]

emitsu97

I would think the Veyron is the fastest production car, never heard of the ME 412.

You should google it, its impressive.

#47 Posted by Fists1 (980 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fists1"]how fast is your so called chrysler? are you talking NASA shiat because Europeans have many cars that go well past 300MpHGamefisher86

well european cars are in a different category :P oh but u know the new infiniti g37 out preformed anewer BMW i dont know which one though I thought that was pretty cool

infiniti=Nissan I win again

#48 Posted by Gamefisher86 (588 posts) -
[QUOTE="Gamefisher86"]

[QUOTE="Fists1"]how fast is your so called chrysler? are you talking NASA shiat because Europeans have many cars that go well past 300MpHFists1

infiniti=Nissan I win again

yeah but it is a semi american brand... so huh! :P

#49 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -

ryank285

Found it, it's a concept.

#50 Posted by ryank285 (1152 posts) -
[QUOTE="ryank285"]

emitsu97

Found it, it's a concept.

So is the Bugati Veyron... it is still a real car.