PS3/PSN Exclusives recommendations

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BlackDevil99 (2329 posts) -

So I'm dusting off my PS3 after a long time of it hiding in a closet and for the life of me I can't think of many PS3/PSN exclusives to get, so I'm comming for recommendations, the only things I can think of to get are Twisted Metal and Journey. I'm only interested in exclusives, if it's out on the PC or 360 and I was interested in it, chances are I've aslready got it.

I'm not interested/don't like/have already played the other exlcusives that leapt to mind: Uncharted, Infamous, Resistance, Killzone, Metal Gear Solid, Little Big Planet, Heavy Rain. Am I missing anything obvious here?

Definitly looking forward to The Last of Us and the ellen page game I'm forgetting the name of...

tldr non-obvious PS3/PSN recommendations

#2 Posted by Pikminmaniac (11194 posts) -

Have you tried Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Valkeria Chronicles, 3D Dot Game Heroes or Disgaea?

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#3 Posted by darkspineslayer (22393 posts) -
Rachet and Clank
#4 Posted by BlackDevil99 (2329 posts) -

Have you tried Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Valkeria Chronicles, 3D Dot Game Heroes or Disgaea?

Pikminmaniac

hmm, never played a ratchet and clank game before, is it all kiddy humour and beat-em-up?

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#5 Posted by darkspineslayer (22393 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

BlackDevil99

hmm, never played a ratchet and clank game before, is it all kiddy humour and beat-em-up?

Not at all, the humour can be enjoyed by kids, but like a fine Disney movie, some jokes are hidden or better appreciated by older players. I would liken it more to Mario Galaxy with ridiculous guns. Ridiculous in a good way of course. It is SOOOOO satisfying to unleash a black hole with a horrible alien monster (named Fred) to eat your enemies, or with a single trigger pull, unleash thousands of rockets to the tune of the 1812 overture.
#6 Posted by Pikminmaniac (11194 posts) -

[QUOTE="BlackDevil99"]

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

darkspineslayer

Not at all, the humour can be enjoyed by kids, but like a fine Disney movie, some jokes are hidden or better appreciated by older players. I would liken it more to Mario Galaxy with ridiculous guns. Ridiculous in a good way of course. It is SOOOOO satisfying to unleash a black hole with a horrible alien monster (named Fred) to eat your enemies, or with a single trigger pull, unleash thousands of rockets to the tune of the 1812 overture.

Leveling up these crazy weapons is also addicting. It's exciting to discover what your weapons can become.

#7 Posted by BlackDevil99 (2329 posts) -

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="BlackDevil99"]

Pikminmaniac

Leveling up these crazy weapons is also addicting. It's exciting to discover what your weapons can become.

sounds good, keep the suggestions comming, don't think i've played ps3 since 2010...

Avatar image for Rioichi21Cooper
#8 Posted by Rioichi21Cooper (241 posts) -

Sly Cooper Thieves In Time, well when it comes out next year. From I've seen and played it's pretty good.

#9 Posted by gunslinger024 (252 posts) -

God of War (prob. an obvious one), Ratchet and Clank, Demon Souls, Warhawk, Gran Turismo, Motorstorm, SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs, Starhawk... Here is a link to all the PS3 exclusives to date ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

#10 Posted by Everiez (1946 posts) -

You missed Yakuza series. A freeroam beat 'em up brawler.

#11 Posted by whiskeystrike (12172 posts) -

Would get that retail Journey collection with Flower and Flow.

Okami HD

PS3 side...

Tales of Graces F if you can get past the cringeworthy opening (you play as an 11 year old for 4 hours)

Nier

#12 Posted by BlackDevil99 (2329 posts) -

another request, anyone care to recommend a good quality 360-style controller for the ps3?