***PS3, Worth the cash?***

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Presidentman2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Presidentman2
Member since 2005 • 303 Posts

Hey everyone,

Recently, I've decided to buy a playstation 3, That doesnt sit well with some of the people who surround themselves with well, me.

So I figured, Why not ask the fanatics (or just grumpy owners) about the pros and cons of owning one?

Its it worth the cash?

What package should I buy?

Anything else I need to know?

Presidente.

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts

I personally have the 60gig version which I bought before the 80 and 40 and i'm glad I got this one, but its about prefernce, if you want BC then the 60 gig is the best, or the 80 with limted BC, the 40 has no BC but is cheap. As far as your "friends" get it if you want it, if you have HDtv then get HDMI or component cables. If not then its still enjoyable. There are a ton of great games depending on which genre you like.

shooters: Resistance

Action/adventure: Ratchet and Clank

Racing: NFS, Ridge racer

Fighting: Virtua fighter 5, Tekken 6 (coming)

you won't be sorry either way.

comptonst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 comptonst
Member since 2006 • 488 Posts

Yes it is definately worth the money.

1. Great games and more coming- COD4, AC, R&C, MGS4, KZ2...

2. If your looking for a cheaper version then the 40g is for you. Dont worry about BC cause thats what you have a ps2 for.

3. Wi Fi built in and free online play.

4. Connects to PSP and does many things with it.

joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 joker730
Member since 2007 • 1561 Posts
HECK YES!!! im buying one this christmas! cant wait!
Judonwanit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Judonwanit
Member since 2005 • 1246 Posts
Yes it is definitely the system to get.  The xbox needs add ons to reach ps3 standards.  Anyways, psn is totally free and we get trailers and demos every week.  The games are good on standard televisions, but exuberant on hdtv's. All my friends own a 360 and some are now just getting a ps3 for its exclusives.  I must say if you are looking for a multiplayer based system, the 360's got that down pretty good according to them.  asides warhawk i cant have fun playing any other game...most dont have mic feature.
Land-0-Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Land-0-Funk
Member since 2007 • 863 Posts
I like it for streaming my music playlists (as well as pics and vids)from WMP11..tested it on both the the 360 and PS3. the 360 would stutter while playing songs the PS3 does not..I know big shock the 360 fails at something it should do easily
Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts
How can you go wrong, you'd even have a 400 dollar blu-ray player if you have HDtv at home, regardless of what fanboys say Sony is a good company and the PS3 is a great system.
munsoned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 munsoned
Member since 2006 • 3064 Posts

if u have a hdtv then heck yeah!!!

if u dont then i would wait till next year

goliath98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 goliath98
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts
worth it. It's such a well made game system and the only flaw is the lack of games and online but EVERY thing els is pertfect. Anyways the games are comming very soon with Kane and Lynch, Need for speed pro street, smackdwon vs raw, assassin's creed and many more comming this November.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
A poll in the GameStop forums probably isnt the most reliable source of advice, alot of people will say "You're better of with a PS1" just cause they hate/dont own a PS3. Anyway, get the 40 GB man. I have the 60 GB, but really, I dont use the SD card readers, and the hard drive is upgradeable. If BC is important to you, get the 60 or 80 GB.
bluntiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bluntiss
Member since 2005 • 462 Posts

I have to say nah.. don't get it not yet at least.. it doesn't have a good amount of games, the online is super inferior to xbox live, controller doesn't feel right in ones hand. etc etc..

I own one and I bought it at launch.. So far I have 3 games that are pretty good but not amazing. every game that comes out for both systems always does better on 360. Wait another year or so then make the decision.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

I have to say nah.. don't get it not yet at least.. it doesn't have a good amount of games, the online is super inferior to xbox live, controller doesn't feel right in ones hand. etc etc..

I own one and I bought it at launch.. So far I have 3 games that are pretty good but not amazing. every game that comes out for both systems always does better on 360. Wait another year or so then make the decision.

bluntiss

That is not true. Xbox live is only superior if you pay for it and con your friends into paying for it too, but the fact is only about 40% of X360 owners pay for online. That means there is a good chance your friends aren't on it even if they own an X360. Secondly crossplatform games aren't always better. What about Oblivion, Ridge Racer, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, DirT, Sega Rally, etc.. All better on PS3.

@PresidentMan2 At the new price how can you pass it up :) I bought my PS3 for $599 last year and even at that price I thought and still think it is a great buy for what you get. PS3 is the best money I've spent on personal entertainment in a long long time.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

The answer is yes; Definitely get a PS3

Of course it's worth the money and here's why

Amazing PS3 Exclusives (currently out, and those to come):

Resistance (my personal favorite)

Warhawk

Heavenly Sword

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Ratchent and Clank: Tools of Destruction

Killzone 2

Haze

Home (not really a game, but I don't care)

MGS4

God of War 3

Kingdom Hearts III (or whatever they call the sequel)

Resistance 2 (or whatever they call the sequel)

FFXIII: Versus

rumors of Jak and Daxter coming to the PS3

You can't argue with that list; trust me, it's well worth the money

Plus, don't forget:

Online service is free,

It's the cheapest form of Blu-Ray player on the market,

Most have backwards compatibility (hurry, the 60gb models w/ the best B/C are going fast)

Check out that sick Walmart deal: (60GB PS3; blu-ray remote controller; and your choice of one game from a list including Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, and Resistance; all for $500!!)

[I actually might be missing something - they might actually be including component cable or HDMI cables; not sure, so check up on that]

Anyway, bottom line, GET A PS3!

Devil_Huntress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Devil_Huntress
Member since 2004 • 24464 Posts
I say buy it! I just got mine today! :D
coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#16 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
I have one and I think that The PS3 is extremely worth your Money.
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts

Do what every PS3 owner does and play the "waiting game".

When those great 08 exclusives come out, thats when you make your judgement call.

gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts
Just get the 60GB. Think of it this way. It is like having 3 consoles in 1. P3+ps2+ps1. And with the wifi and memory slot. I find them very useful.
-E-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -E-
Member since 2003 • 1333 Posts
I just bought one yesterday for the Blu-ray. With the recent price drop to $399, the PS3 is a steal for anyone that wants to get high def.
Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tokyo90
Member since 2007 • 2024 Posts

How can you go wrong, you'd even have a 400 dollar blu-ray player if you have HDtv at home, regardless of what fanboys say Sony is a good company and the PS3 is a great system. Prince_Denspion

Amen

bluezclue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bluezclue
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts

i just got my system today.... and all i have to say is WOW.....if u dont have this system... u are missing out big time......

package depends on u.. do u play old ps2 games? if so..would u still wanna play em... if no... get the 40 gb, i got mine for 333 total(taxes included) and if u dont like the spider man movie u can sell it for like 20 bucks and u end up getting s ps3 for 313.... now... u CAN NOT beat that...

gamer700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gamer700
Member since 2007 • 138 Posts
Dude no offense, but ur in the ps3 forums and everyone is ganna say yes....But you should get one anyways, I think it's worth the money. Mostly if u have a psp also.:D
jamesseery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jamesseery
Member since 2005 • 356 Posts
It is for the Blu-ray player alone if you are interested in that feature. It has the most technology overall and if you get the $499 version it is backwards compatible with most of the PS2 and PS1 games if you have some. Its got some great franchises and games coming out this holiday season. Definatly the most well rounded system in my opinion in my eyes but it all depends on your own needs. I can see someone buying any of the three systems based on personal tastes and requirements.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
This is the best time to get one. Ask for it for the holidays or something! You absolutely can't go wrong with the PS3.
-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts
HELL YEAH!!! :D The PS3 is finally getting more and more games. Hell, like 4 more games were released today, I think those were Assassin's Creed, ProStreet, Kane & Lynch and like 2 more :D Only problem is how the heck am I gonna find the time for all the new games? :P
solaris1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 solaris1979
Member since 2003 • 1592 Posts

It's probably easier to think of it this way. X360? sure worth it, until the 1st RROD, 2nd RROD, 3rd RROD, 4th RROD... nth RROD. basically you will be SOL once Microsoft decide to stop support 360 the way they totally ditched Xbox and you will end up paying more to ship it back to Microsoft and have it on downtime then just buying a new one.

It's harder to argue for Wii-tarded, but then again, if you are choosing PS3, that means you have outgrown Mario and the piece-of-white-meat-on-your-hand controller that wii-tared is famous for.