PS3 won't do HD. Help Please!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

manystylez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 manystylez
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts

So here is my problem guys. I have had my HDMI cable for well over2 year with no problems at all. I never usually unplug the HDMI cable for no reason and when I do it is usually to clean the ps3 or I'm going on a trip and when I plug it in no problems, but yesterday I rented Transformers 2 on Blu-ray and I decided to watch it in my living room because I heard Blu-Ray is best on bigger hdtv's. So I hooked it up downstairs and I wasn't able to get a picture. I tried everything. I held the button until that second "beep". Nothing worked so I just used my composite cables. THe next day I brought my ps3 back up to the tv I usually use to play and it still wouldn't get picture in HD.

Now my question to you guys is it the HDMI cord or the HDMI input in the ps3 itself? Oh! also the HDMI cord was about $50 bucks and was great quality. I never mishandle my ps3 so I doubt it is the HDMI input. My ps3 also recognizes the HDMi cord because it has said it does and it gives me the option to change. When I click it the screen just goes blank. So please help me. This will be great help for me and others with the same problem.

manystylez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 manystylez

I asked my friends on the ps3 and they say I probably bent the hdmi cord inside.

rsoxguy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 rsoxguy12
Member since 2007 • 1602 Posts

Are you sure the PS3 is set to recognize an HDMI cable?

manystylez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 manystylez

Are you sure the PS3 is set to recognize an HDMI cable?

rsoxguy12
What do you mean? I'm sure it does because it says it does. But when it gives me an option to it wont? What do you mean by set it to recognize and HDmI Cable.
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

I'm pretty sure the PS3 recognizes HDMI automatically. It does for mine...

jester0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jester0815
Member since 2004 • 618 Posts

You should try hold the soft reset button down again until it does a triple beep. It resets the system. You need to plug in your AV cables into the TV as well as your HDMI cables and set your HD settings again. Hopefully that helps.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
try hooking the hdmi cable up to something else if you can. that will eliminate (or confirm) the cable
shawty1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shawty1984
Member since 2007 • 938 Posts

So here is my problem guys. I have had my HDMI cable for well over2 year with no problems at all. I never usually unplug the HDMI cable for no reason and when I do it is usually to clean the ps3 or I'm going on a trip and when I plug it in no problems, but yesterday I rented Transformers 2 on Blu-ray and I decided to watch it in my living room because I heard Blu-Ray is best on bigger hdtv's. So I hooked it up downstairs and I wasn't able to get a picture. I tried everything. I held the button until that second "beep". Nothing worked so I just used my composite cables. THe next day I brought my ps3 back up to the tv I usually use to play and it still wouldn't get picture in HD.

Now my question to you guys is it the HDMI cord or the HDMI input in the ps3 itself? Oh! also the HDMI cord was about $50 bucks and was great quality. I never mishandle my ps3 so I doubt it is the HDMI input. My ps3 also recognizes the HDMi cord because it has said it does and it gives me the option to change. When I click it the screen just goes blank. So please help me. This will be great help for me and others with the same problem.

manystylez

Off topic (kind off) But who ever told you that Blu-rays look better on larger screens were wrong.

nicolasia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#9 nicolasia
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I had the same problem. It should be a problem with the hdmi cable