PS3 volume much quieter when watching dvd/blu-ray compared to music

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bkev2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bkev2828
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I'm wondering if anybody else has this problem. When I listen to music on my ps3 I only have to turn my surround sound volume up to about 20 out of 80 and it's very loud. When I watch a movie I have to turn the volume up to about 40 for it to be equally loud. As far as the set up I have my onkyo connected to the TV via a optical cable and the ps3 and cable box have hdmi cables going to the tv. Is there any settings that increase the volume for movies or any way to make it the same volume? Also, I have the increase volume set at 0 for the ps3. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
zeldow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 zeldow
Member since 2007 • 76 Posts
I'm wondering if anybody else has this problem. When I listen to music on my ps3 I only have to turn my surround sound volume up to about 20 out of 80 and it's very loud. When I watch a movie I have to turn the volume up to about 40 for it to be equally loud. As far as the set up I have my onkyo connected to the TV via a optical cable and the ps3 and cable box have hdmi cables going to the tv. Is there any settings that increase the volume for movies or any way to make it the same volume? Also, I have the increase volume set at 0 for the ps3. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.bkev2828
Might be the tv idk. but when i play dvds and blurays nothin comes wrong compared to music on the hadd
jubeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 jubeio
Member since 2006 • 1578 Posts
I'm wondering if anybody else has this problem. When I listen to music on my ps3 I only have to turn my surround sound volume up to about 20 out of 80 and it's very loud. When I watch a movie I have to turn the volume up to about 40 for it to be equally loud. As far as the set up I have my onkyo connected to the TV via a optical cable and the ps3 and cable box have hdmi cables going to the tv. Is there any settings that increase the volume for movies or any way to make it the same volume? Also, I have the increase volume set at 0 for the ps3. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.bkev2828
mines the same i have to turn my tv down when playing a game, but dvd and blu ray films and stuff i have to turn up loads
volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

When watching a dvd/blu-ray press Triangle. Top row there's a volume adjustment.

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

Also with a surround sound, if its a decent one it will properly play dolby digital surround. So what happens is sound effects will be loud while voices are at a lower decibel. You will need to properly adjust your speaker levels and when you have done so it should all be right on spot for some great listening. You may need to raise you center speaker levels up so voice comes through with decent volume.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

When watching a dvd/blu-ray press Triangle. Top row there's a volume adjustment.

volume_three
This.
bkev2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bkev2828
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
thanks for the responses. I think turning up the volume on the center channel will help the voices being louder. thanks again
doewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 doewood
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
omg how do you do this!? how do you turn up the center volume is that setting on the tv or ps3?
Artof_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Artof_War
Member since 2009 • 791 Posts
Lol. I had this same issue. Moved it to +4, now the same adjustment for games and movies. I'm an idiot.