***PS3 users and the future of the playstation brand after MGS4***

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts
I DON'T want MGS4 to be the last MGS game! MGS1 was the reason I bought my PS1 and the whole Metal Gear history attracted me in this video game era!! I can't imagine what a video gamer's LIFE would be without knowing a MGS game is in the work! I mean seriously some of us and I am one of them been playing this game for the past 10 YEARS now and some were in schools and got married and had kids and keep playing MGS!! I was like 10 or 11 years old back then when I first played MGS1 and now I'm in university and can't believe how far this game went and it's been PERFECT AND AMAZING all these years!!! What would be the future of the "PLAYSTATION" without another MGS game? THIS SUCKS! Unbelievable!! Seriously I DON'T WANT SNAKE to die and I don't want MGS to end!
JAMES_L_BROOKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JAMES_L_BROOKS
Member since 2005 • 1463 Posts

I DON'T want MGS4 to be the last MGS game! MGS1 was the reason I bought my PS1 and the whole Metal Gear history attracted me in this video game era!! I can't imagine what a video gamer's LIFE would be without knowing a MGS game is in the work! I mean seriously some of us and I am one of them been playing this game for the past 10 YEARS now and some werein schoolsand got married and had kids and keep playing MGS!! I was like 10 or 11 years old back then when I first played MGS1 and now I'm in university and can't believe how far this gamewent and it's been PERFECT AND AMAZING all these years!!! What would be the future of the "PLAYSTATION" without another MGS game? THIS SUCKS! Unbelievable!! Seriously I DON'T WANT SNAKE to die and I don't want MGS to end! AgentH

im sorry but this time raiden will be sitting in the show chair (if you remeber the first MGS4 trailer with young snake and raiden fighting over a chair)... it is sad though, but i don think the series will end now

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AgentH

[QUOTE="AgentH"]I DON'T want MGS4 to be the last MGS game! MGS1 was the reason I bought my PS1 and the whole Metal Gear history attracted me in this video game era!! I can't imagine what a video gamer's LIFE would be without knowing a MGS game is in the work! I mean seriously some of us and I am one of them been playing this game for the past 10 YEARS now and some werein schoolsand got married and had kids and keep playing MGS!! I was like 10 or 11 years old back then when I first played MGS1 and now I'm in university and can't believe how far this gamewent and it's been PERFECT AND AMAZING all these years!!! What would be the future of the "PLAYSTATION" without another MGS game? THIS SUCKS! Unbelievable!! Seriously I DON'T WANT SNAKE to die and I don't want MGS to end! JAMES_L_BROOKS

im sorry but this time raiden will be sitting in the show chair (if you remeber the first MGS4 trailer with young snake and raiden fighting over a chair)... it is sad though, but i don think the series will end now

HOPE you're right man!

JAMES_L_BROOKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JAMES_L_BROOKS
[QUOTE="JAMES_L_BROOKS"]

[QUOTE="AgentH"]I DON'T want MGS4 to be the last MGS game! MGS1 was the reason I bought my PS1 and the whole Metal Gear history attracted me in this video game era!! I can't imagine what a video gamer's LIFE would be without knowing a MGS game is in the work! I mean seriously some of us and I am one of them been playing this game for the past 10 YEARS now and some werein schoolsand got married and had kids and keep playing MGS!! I was like 10 or 11 years old back then when I first played MGS1 and now I'm in university and can't believe how far this gamewent and it's been PERFECT AND AMAZING all these years!!! What would be the future of the "PLAYSTATION" without another MGS game? THIS SUCKS! Unbelievable!! Seriously I DON'T WANT SNAKE to die and I don't want MGS to end! AgentH

HOPE you're right man!

lol i am right...i hope...xP, also you have the MGS movie ot look forward too also

hailltoyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hailltoyou
Member since 2005 • 1493 Posts
The MGS universe is large and unlimited. Next game could be about Boss fighting in WWII with the first Fox-Hound unit , Fear , Pain, The End etc. and all of those characters would be playable , that game would be interesting.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AgentH
[QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="JAMES_L_BROOKS"]

[QUOTE="AgentH"]I DON'T want MGS4 to be the last MGS game! MGS1 was the reason I bought my PS1 and the whole Metal Gear history attracted me in this video game era!! I can't imagine what a video gamer's LIFE would be without knowing a MGS game is in the work! I mean seriously some of us and I am one of them been playing this game for the past 10 YEARS now and some werein schoolsand got married and had kids and keep playing MGS!! I was like 10 or 11 years old back then when I first played MGS1 and now I'm in university and can't believe how far this gamewent and it's been PERFECT AND AMAZING all these years!!! What would be the future of the "PLAYSTATION" without another MGS game? THIS SUCKS! Unbelievable!! Seriously I DON'T WANT SNAKE to die and I don't want MGS to end! JAMES_L_BROOKS

HOPE you're right man!

lol i am right...i hope...xP, also you have the MGS movie ot look forward too also

hope it's as great as the game itself.

JAMES_L_BROOKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JAMES_L_BROOKS

The MGS universe is large and unlimited. Next game could be about Boss fighting in WWII with the first Fox-Hound unit , Fear , Pain, The End etc. and all of those characters would be playable , that game would be interesting.hailltoyou

i like where this is going... lol, but ya good point you can always have more prequals

ocelotcougar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 ocelotcougar
Member since 2005 • 2099 Posts
LISTEN. Nobody said this is the last one. It will however be the last one KOJIMA DIRECTS. HE WILL STILL HEAD PROJECTS, just not direct. Get a grip.
knicknut17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 knicknut17
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts
I want the story of Solid Snake to have finality in Metal Gear Solid 4. Just as The Boss, in Metal Gear Solid 3, died for her country in duty, I would like to see something similar for Solid Snake. Metal Gear Solid is my favorite gaming franchise, but all good things must come to an end. I don't want them to drag the series on unnecessarily. Especially if this is going to be the last Metal Gear game that Hideo Kojima directs. He is a visionary director with a very distinct sense of style. An absolute genius. Go out with a bang Kojima-san.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
Well I can understand your passion for the series... I'm kind of the same way with the PS2 gen GTA games. I went through my whole high school career with those games. Personally, I've been kind of bored with MGS for ever since the second one. I mean, MGS2 was great, but I dont want to watch 40 minute cut scenes just to be able to keep up with the storyline. And MGS3 was ruined for me by the whole "survival" thing where you had to nurse your wounds, I hated that with a passion. It's mainly why I didnt even finish the game. But, it is a great game, and a great franchise, it just isnt as appealing to me as I used to think it was. I'm not patient enough for MGS.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AgentH

LISTEN. Nobody said this is the last one. It will however be the last one KOJIMA DIRECTS. HE WILL STILL HEAD PROJECTS, just not direct. Get a grip.ocelotcougar

As long as Kojima writes the story I'm good with it! The story of the Metal Gear brand changed my political view in this world! Woke me up!

scrubsfan718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 scrubsfan718
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts
snake wat happened? snake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (dum dum dum da da dum dum dum!!)
Chocograph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chocograph
Member since 2004 • 121 Posts
Metal Gear doesn't sell so they should stop making the games.
hailltoyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hailltoyou
Member since 2005 • 1493 Posts

snake wat happened? snake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (dum dum dum da da dum dum dum!!)scrubsfan718

yes, those where the days :cry:

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

Metal Gear doesn't sell so they should stop making the games.Chocograph

Lol, you're kidding right? I think you are...

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AgentH

[QUOTE="Chocograph"]Metal Gear doesn't sell so they should stop making the games.carljohnson3456

Lol, you're kidding right? I think you are...

He better be! :evil:

Chocograph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chocograph
Member since 2004 • 121 Posts
If I wasn't joking I would be DUMB.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#18 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

its the last one that kojima is directing and i dont want to play mgs game that wasnt made by kojima. you should all savor the ending to an amazing quadrilogy.

im sure that whatever he makes after mgs4 will awesome too.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AgentH

its the last one that kojima is directing and i dont want to play mgs game that wasnt made by kojima. you should all savor the ending to an amazing quadrilogy.

im sure that whatever he makes after mgs4 will awesome too.

LoG-Sacrament

DAMN Straight man!

Metal Gear game without Kojima is not a MG game!
Metal Gear game without Solid Snake or Snake in general is not a MG game!
Metal Gear game without David Hayter being the voice actor for Solid Snake is not a MG game!

Kojima's brain + Solid Snake + David Hayter made MGS perfect!!
YPenguinY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 YPenguinY
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts
Metal Gear is Kojima's baby, and I don't picture him as being the type to sit back and watch someone else take care of his baby. So I expect MGS4 to be the last true sequel. We may see some smaller spinoffs for awhile, however. Or Kojima will change his mind and go back to make another sequel. OR Kojima will go on to work on NEW projects. The man is a genius, and I'll be looking forward to any of his projects whether it is MGS or not.
Shaqneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Shaqneel
Member since 2006 • 1413 Posts
Well as great a franchise as MGS is, I think the brand will still carry on well after mgs 4, as playstation has so many other great series like Final Fantasy, Tekken, God of War, Gran Turismo etc. I will agree with you that the MGS series will be missed, and it would be impossible to really replace it many people's minds ,but i think that the brand will keep progressing, maybe even with a new series by kojima that can be as great and popular as mgs.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AgentH

Well as great a franchise as MGS is, I think the brand will still carry on well after mgs 4, as playstation has so many other great series like Final Fantasy, Tekken, God of War, Gran Turismo etc. I will agree with you that the MGS series will be missed, and it would be impossible to really replace it many people's minds ,but i think that the brand will keep progressing, maybe even with a new series by kojima that can be as great and popular as mgs. Shaqneel

Agreed. It's like it's in the genes or something. Seriously, this game is owning us! Never felt the same way about any other game!

pwner1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pwner1
Member since 2006 • 1019 Posts
There will most likely be another MGS game on PSP starring Big Boss.
Hitamaru-homia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Hitamaru-homia
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts

That was big boss... dont know why kojima used the Big boss look from MGS3... well that trailer was released like 3 monthes before MGS3,guess to hype up so people think its snake. MGS4 is not going to continue. Snakes old hes like 41 now. Plus kojima's trying to get every questioned solved. Like Ocelots hand,What happened to raiden where is the patriots.

legandary_ACE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 legandary_ACE
Member since 2005 • 436 Posts
i've been playing Metal Gear Solid sense the beginning also, and i don't think MGS4 will be the end of Metal Gear games because this one was called the last Metal Gear "Solid". really what im trying to get at is "Solid" Snake will end with this game and what ever Metal Gear series comes after that will have a new main character. all we can do is hope that the new character is as awesome as snake (i have a theory that Raiden will die also in MGS4, so i don't think it would be him)........METAL GEAR WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!! :P
Eclipse83Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 Eclipse83Lives
Member since 2006 • 1490 Posts

Well as great a franchise as MGS is, I think the brand will still carry on well after mgs 4, as playstation has so many other great series like Final Fantasy, Tekken, God of War, Gran Turismo etc. I will agree with you that the MGS series will be missed, and it would be impossible to really replace it many people's minds ,but i think that the brand will keep progressing, maybe even with a new series by kojima that can be as great and popular as mgs. Shaqneel

I would say around 80% of the characters in the Snake series, were not even in the Metal Gear series. So Solid and Metal Gear are kinda one in the same. But Solid is a whole series based off of Metal Gear. The little series called Solid may be over. But Metal Gear I dont think will die off.

And yea God of War "Kratos is far from done," We may see a Kingdome Hearts 3. Of course Final Fantasy 13 "the main game" will be solid. But im not sure if those will be able to live up to new character were sure to see. An example could be Heavenly sword. Theirs one new character. Will she become big? Will see. But a whole crop of new names pops up every Gen, along side with the old ones doing their sequels. Who are they, or who will they be, will just have to wait and see on that. Plus im sure will see things start to really push above even what MGS does after that. One sure thing is the games will be better every year. Just like the PS1. When people say thats it, it cant get better. Better games come the next year. The best gamesfor most systems come in the mid to late era of the system. Look at the first year games of the PS1/PS2. Than look at the Gods of Wars and others. Every year better games came out. By 2009 programers will have the tools and know how, to do things they cant do yet on the system. By 2010 they will improve on what they knew in 2009. And by that time will look back at these games. And think, ""wow, those 2007 games were not much at all, compared to all these greats now in 2010. But the hardwear has to be complex enough to grow like that aslo.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AgentH
BUMP
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts
Life goes on my friends. I'd rather see MGS end and Kojima make something new. Dosen't anyone beside me rather see Kojima make another series of epic titles?
Avatar image for Soul_to_Squeeze
Soul_to_Squeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 Soul_to_Squeeze
Member since 2007 • 560 Posts

lol wow what a fanboy sig

fluffers623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#30 fluffers623
Member since 2007 • 1769 Posts
i belive the dev said that there were going to be more.... not sure but i think i say an article bout that somewhere
bsbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bsbowman
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts
I definitely like the idea of playing as the Boss.  She was definitely one of the most intriguing characters in any of the games.  For that matter, it seems like there could be some more back story of what happened to Big Boss between MGS 3 and the original Metal Gear.  Still, I say bring on MGS5 starring The Boss CQCing everything in sight.  They could have gun-ripping-apart minigames or something....
BigNiceJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BigNiceJohn
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts

Dosen't anyone beside me rather see Kojima make another series of epic titles?PSdual_wielder

Yes. Me. :D

osirisomeomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 osirisomeomi
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts
What I hope is that MGS4 and Killzone 2 both end up being stupendously, insanely good so that sony has some system selling going on.