This topic is locked from further discussion.

FknRuehh925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FknRuehh925
Member since 2010 • 47 Posts
I am wanting to buy a new tv with my tax return. I use my tv 95% for my ps3 and the other 5% on espn. I see the tvs inside game stop and those are crystal clear tvs...every hd tv I see doesn't even come close to how clear the tvs are at gamestop. Can anyone tell me the best kinda tv to buy for gaming on the ps3
bigredrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bigredrew
Member since 2004 • 104 Posts

I use ahttp://www.vizio.com/vl370m.html, and it works just fine with my PS3 and Xbox 360. The great sound and visuals exceeded my expectations after I started using it, and I've yet to be unsatisfied. :)

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

Take it from somoene who has owned 3 HDTV's so far and right now a Panasonic plasma and a SONY Bravia LCD...

You really cant go wrong, compared to a normal CRT...The ones you see inside gamestop are Samsung HDTV's which are really good, but they tend to be on the expensive side. They have really nice black levels and a good contrast ratio. I owned a 27" One a while ago (Same exact one used in the store, but bigger) and I ended up returning it for a 40" Sony Bravia LCD because I got a great deal on the price.

Like I said anything is going to be an upgrade from what you're using now, just stick to somethign thats 720p if you're going small, 1080p if you're going big...You will save money by going 720p (if you dont know what this means, its the resolution of the TV, higher the better but smaller tv's you wont notice the diff as much).

Stick to these brands:

Sony, panasonic, Samsung, Vizio, LG

Not a fan of westinghouse, they always seem to be dull looking to me.

cystern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cystern
Member since 2006 • 94 Posts

i have a 46" sony xbr9, the picture is amazing.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
I believe the GS TV's are also showing HD source. Any HD set running SD source looks horrible in comparison.
FknRuehh925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FknRuehh925
Member since 2010 • 47 Posts
ya I am in the market for a 34-44 inch tv...I have heard plasmas have problems with burn outs if you leave the game paused for to long?...I leave my games paused a lot sometimes even for 4 hours while I am at work, will this make a diff or are burn outs a thing of the past. And thank you guys a lot for all ur info. Ima start posting here a lot
geoffmehoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 geoffmehoff
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts

Take it from somoene who has owned 3 HDTV's so far and right now a Panasonic plasma and a SONY Bravia LCD...

You really cant go wrong, compared to a normal CRT...The ones you see inside gamestop are Samsung HDTV's which are really good, but they tend to be on the expensive side. They have really nice black levels and a good contrast ratio. I owned a 27" One a while ago (Same exact one used in the store, but bigger) and I ended up returning it for a 40" Sony Bravia LCD because I got a great deal on the price.

Like I said anything is going to be an upgrade from what you're using now, just stick to somethign thats 720p if you're going small, 1080p if you're going big...You will save money by going 720p (if you dont know what this means, its the resolution of the TV, higher the better but smaller tv's you wont notice the diff as much).

Stick to these brands:

Sony, panasonic, Samsung, Vizio, LG

Not a fan of westinghouse, they always seem to be dull looking to me.

SRTtoZ

You forgot one of the best .Sharp Aquos .I have a 37 inch sharp aquos and i havent seen to many tvs compare with it .You cant go wrong with Samsung either the one tv i wouldnt buy would besony ,everyone i saw the sharp or samsung next to it made it look bad .