PS3 Surround Sound Help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Warhearted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Warhearted
Member since 2005 • 236 Posts

I'm pretty new to the digital audio aspect of gaming and I find it much more complex than video, so I'm a bit lost. I just hooked up my new Logitech Z-5500 system to my PS3 and I can't get it to run correctly. Whenever I have the system hooked up and turned on, the video of the game is completely destroyed. The XMB is fine, but once I try to play a game, my TV goes a little crazy and flickers violently, almost like it's cycling through resolutions trying to find the right one. For a couple seconds at a time I'll get picture but for the most part it's flashes of snow and a blank screen.

The system is a Logitech Z-5500 and my TV is a Sharp Aquos, which I connect my PS3 to via HDMI. I've gone through all of the settings on the PS3, video is set to HDMI like usual, and audio is set to optical, since I run a digital audio cable directly from the PS3 to the receiver of my surround sound. It's quite troublesome since it makes gaming completely unplayable, whether or not I'm playing from a disc or a game saved on my HDD. When I connect via optical to my 360 it runs perfectly fine with no problem, but I was much more excited about playing my PS3 with surround so this is killing me. I've googled this topic to death and can't find anyone else who has had the same problem, hopefully someone around here can at least give a direction I could look in. Thanks for your help, bretheren.