PS3 Start Up Problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SSJ4x2Gogeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SSJ4x2Gogeta
Member since 2004 • 165 Posts

My PS3 is having problems starting up. More often than not, i'll hit the button on the PS3, and the light will turn from red to green. The fan will start up for a few seconds, and then it will die down. Nothing will then load up. The screen just stays black. If i press the disk tray eject button, it'll beep twice, but holding down the standby button does nothing. The only way to turn it off in this case is to turn off the power in the back. After repeating this a few times, it'll properly start up. Any ideas as to what is happening?

Hot-Tamale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Hot-Tamale
Member since 2009 • 2052 Posts

Look on Sony's customer support forums. They are a great help. Also make sure your PS3 isn't overheating and there is no dust on the fans.

HN34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HN34
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I have the same problem, when I turn on my PS3 (40Gb) it bleeps 3 times and turns of, the start-light keeps blinking red. I can't get it to work at all? Anyone an idea what is wrong?
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
I would say next time it comes on back up your save games. Sounds like you might need to send it in. It's probably a power supply issue. I know because that recently happened to my computer and it ended up being the power supply going bad.
BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BrettB7400
Member since 2007 • 3401 Posts

I would call Sony to see what the problem is. Im not exactly sure but it sounds like its the power supply.

HN34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HN34
Well someone explained to me this is Sony's RROD it's called the YLOD it is broke and you have to pay 150 dollar to let it get fixed, very bad! Google on ylod and you find more information.
B-L-I-N-G-A-H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 B-L-I-N-G-A-H
Member since 2008 • 410 Posts
I have the same problem, when I turn on my PS3 (40Gb) it bleeps 3 times and turns of, the start-light keeps blinking red. I can't get it to work at all? Anyone an idea what is wrong?HN34
same happened to me today, it randomly turned off a couple times, i turned it on earlier, it went blue to green then to yellow then blinkin red light, and this means your ps3 has died unfortunantly, i rang sony and thankfully get a new ps3 on monday :D, but the whole weekend without gaming damn it!!!!
HN34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HN34
Well Sony will send me a refurbed one within 2 weeks, so I guess thats ok...
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts

My PS3 is having problems starting up. More often than not, i'll hit the button on the PS3, and the light will turn from red to green. The fan will start up for a few seconds, and then it will die down. Nothing will then load up. The screen just stays black. If i press the disk tray eject button, it'll beep twice, but holding down the standby button does nothing. The only way to turn it off in this case is to turn off the power in the back. After repeating this a few times, it'll properly start up. Any ideas as to what is happening?SSJ4x2Gogeta

Sounds like you should call sony and tell them about your problem. You'll most likely have to send it in for repair.

I have the same problem, when I turn on my PS3 (40Gb) it bleeps 3 times and turns of, the start-light keeps blinking red. I can't get it to work at all? Anyone an idea what is wrong?HN34

Looks like you have a hardware failure, i'm sure your system has the Yellow light of death. Call sony and have them fix it or replace it.