ps3 Sf4 arcade stick mad cats

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts
crap did you know theres a cheaper one coming out.(you probably do ) but hell, it's news to me. i so getting a arcade stick now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv5N82ynYeY&feature=channel_page i always thought there was just one that cost 150, but theres a 60 dollar one
asherlin77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 asherlin77
Member since 2004 • 2453 Posts

I have news for you. They are both CRAP! Granted, the $150 tournament edition stick is less crap because it has genuine sanwa components, however, they are still MAD CATZ!

Mad Catz is such filthy junk that I can't believe Capcom would let them pick up the bid on their official sticks. Do yourself a favor and buy a HRAP3. $99 on Amazon with cheap as dirt shipping. You can't go wrong with Hori. It has a sanwa stick, and you can swap out the hori buttons for sanwa buttons easy.

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 iamshivy
lol i was looking at this one to tell you the trurth before i even found out about the cheapert mad cats one
http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Fighting-Stick-3-Playstation/dp/B000MWE3BI/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1234587882&sr=8-1
iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 iamshivy
lol um anyone know were i can get PS3 Fighting Stick 3 useing paypal?
Dirty3rdTex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dirty3rdTex
Member since 2007 • 635 Posts
[QUOTE="asherlin77"]

I have news for you. They are both CRAP! Granted, the $150 tournament edition stick is less crap because it has genuine sanwa components, however, they are still MAD CATZ!

Mad Catz is such filthy junk that I can't believe Capcom would let them pick up the bid on their official sticks. Do yourself a favor and buy a HRAP3. $99 on Amazon with cheap as dirt shipping. You can't go wrong with Hori. It has a sanwa stick, and you can swap out the hori buttons for sanwa buttons easy.

Yes, MadCatz is terrible at making good, lasting, quality peripherals but I heard this tournament stick is gonna be better then any stick out there(not including customs). Very hard to imagine that, but they have a professional(tourney player/stick builder which I cant remember his name) lend a big hand in making it the best stick you could buy.
GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts
[QUOTE="Dirty3rdTex"][QUOTE="asherlin77"]

Yes, MadCatz is terrible at making good, lasting, quality peripherals but I heard this tournament stick is gonna be better then any stick out there(not including customs). Very hard to imagine that, but they have a professional(tourney player/stick builder which I cant remember his name) lend a big hand in making it the best stick you could buy.

Are you referring to Marksman? Because if so, he stated that the TE is one of if not the best fight sticks to pick up at the moment. I have also heard from other people that their were more so outside sources working on the build of the fight stick design and materials. The regular SFIV fight stick might be suspect though. Glad I was able to pre-order a TE.
Dirty3rdTex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dirty3rdTex
[QUOTE="GranReyUno"][QUOTE="Dirty3rdTex"][QUOTE="asherlin77"]

Are you referring to Marksman? Because if so, he stated that the TE is one of if not the best fight sticks to pick up at the moment. I have also heard from other people that their were more so outside sources working on the build of the fight stick design and materials. The regular SFIV fight stick might be suspect though. Glad I was able to pre-order a TE.

Yes and thank you. That guy seems like the Fighting Stick authority and the shoryuken community seem to trust in his word. So thats good enough for me to warrant a purchase.
GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GranReyUno
[QUOTE="GranReyUno"][QUOTE="Dirty3rdTex"] Yes, MadCatz is terrible at making good, lasting, quality peripherals but I heard this tournament stick is gonna be better then any stick out there(not including customs). Very hard to imagine that, but they have a professional(tourney player/stick builder which I cant remember his name) lend a big hand in making it the best stick you could buy. Dirty3rdTex

Yes and thank you. That guy seems like the Fighting Stick authority and the shoryuken community seem to trust in his word. So thats good enough for me to warrant a purchase.

No problem. Yea that guy knows his stuff when it comes to fight sticks. Have you seen his collection? Ridiculous! I trust his word on this fight stick plus his review on it was very thorough.
EmyrsII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EmyrsII
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

hate to tell you this, wait.. no i dont. the TE Fightstick has been rated as one of, if not the best stick ever made. face it.. madcatz CAN put out a decent product.. if they are pushed into it.. Mine is on its way, and i cant wait ^^

now the 60$ fightstick... thats a different story. I hear its stilla B+ level stick.. but youre better off with a hori or hrap.
anyway, if you have the cash.. and you can actually find one.. id say grab the TE immediately... this stick will go down in history.

edit: this is Markman's breakdown of the TE Fightstick. enjoy.

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 iamshivy
aw f it. i was going buy this crapper one hori fight stick 3.? i made a thread about it.. but hearing that this sf 150, it's the top of the line ****. i;ll go for it. lol

.... you guys know if i can pre-order this from eb game/gamespot. or do i have to get it online?
Dirty3rdTex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dirty3rdTex

No problem. Yea that guy knows his stuff when it comes to fight sticks. Have you seen his collection? Ridiculous! I trust his word on this fight stick plus his review on it was very thorough.

Ya I seen that collection. Quite a collection may I add. I would imagine he has a very sensitive touch to good quality sticks. I also have little to no doubt this stick will be well worth money spent. It may not redeem Mad Catz for their past atrocities(in my eyes) but hopefully this is a new direction for them to make quality products.

EmyrsII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 EmyrsII

aw f it. i was going buy this crapper one hori fight stick 3.? i made a thread about it.. but hearing that this sf 150, it's the top of the line ****. i;ll go for it. lol

.... you guys know if i can pre-order this from eb game/gamespot. or do i have to get it online?iamshivy

right now youre going to be hard pressed to find one... preorders stopped almost a month ago.. The only way youll get one now is if you find a preorder at gamestop that someone ended up not buying, get one off of ebay, or wait for the second production run from Madcatz.. which at this point has no ETA..

keep an eye on the capcom.com store as that will probably be the main way you hear of the second run..

Dirty3rdTex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dirty3rdTex

hate to tell you this, wait.. no i dont. the TE Fightstick has been rated as one of, if not the best stick ever made. face it.. madcatz CAN put out a decent product.. if they are pushed into it.. Mine is on its way, and i cant wait ^^

now the 60$ fightstick... thats a different story. I hear its stilla B+ level stick.. but youre better off with a hori or hrap.
anyway, if you have the cash.. and you can actually find one.. id say grab the TE immediately... this stick will go down in history.

edit: this is Markman's breakdown of the TE Fightstick. enjoy.

EmyrsII

Thanks to the link to Marksman's article. Very refreshing to read the company is changing in favor for better products. I will be checking out their future products for sure if they live up to that change.

GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GranReyUno

Dirty3rdTex

Ya I seen that collection. Quite a collection may I add. I would imagine he has a very sensitive touch to good quality sticks. I also have little to no doubt this stick will be well worth money spent. It may not redeem Mad Catz for their past atrocities(in my eyes) but hopefully this is a new direction for them to make quality products.

Yea it is money well spent. I think it may have been Marksman that was replying to some one's post (not too sure) but it was said that the TE fight stick is under priced because it can cost at least $100 more to make a similar custom stick and if you was to mod a pre-existing stick, it would be at least $30-$40 more. After looking into building my on arcade, I do believe this to be true since quality parts can run you a pretty penny.
EmyrsII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EmyrsII

Yea it is money well spent. I think it may have been Marksman that was replying to some one's post (not too sure) but it was said that the TE fight stick is under priced because it can cost at least $100 more to make a similar custom stick and if you was to mod a pre-existing stick, it would be at least $30-$40 more. After looking into building my on arcade, I do believe this to be true since quality parts can run you a pretty penny.GranReyUno

I remember reading this article as well... its what solidified my decision on buying the TE.. well that and looking into the pricing to make sure it was true... and it really is.. plus the stick is effing beautiful. i could never build anything that looked half as good.. and it would cost me just about as much.

but if anyone wants to look into parts for making their own.. or just different color buttons for a TE stick this site has a great selection and pretty good prices...a lot of people on different modding forums recommend them... Im looking into picking up some different color buttons and maybe some plugs to convert the stick to a 6button instead of the 8. maybe a different color blister ball to match the buttons too.. i dunno we'll see XD

GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GranReyUno

[QUOTE="GranReyUno"] Yea it is money well spent. I think it may have been Marksman that was replying to some one's post (not too sure) but it was said that the TE fight stick is under priced because it can cost at least $100 more to make a similar custom stick and if you was to mod a pre-existing stick, it would be at least $30-$40 more. After looking into building my on arcade, I do believe this to be true since quality parts can run you a pretty penny.EmyrsII

I remember reading this article as well... its what solidified my decision on buying the TE.. well that and looking into the pricing to make sure it was true... and it really is.. plus the stick is effing beautiful. i could never build anything that looked half as good.. and it would cost me just about as much.

but if anyone wants to look into parts for making their own.. or just different color buttons for a TE stick this site has a great selection and pretty good prices...a lot of people on different modding forums recommend them... Im looking into picking up some different color buttons and maybe some plugs to convert the stick to a 6button instead of the 8. maybe a different color blister ball to match the buttons too.. i dunno we'll see XD

lol I remember reading that article and canceling all plans to build my own. It was a real journey finding a retailer that still was taking pre-orders (thank you japan video games) lizard lick is one of the best sites to get arcade parts from IMO. There was one more site that I liked but I can not think of the name. Good luck and hopefully you can get the stick modded the way you want it.
asherlin77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 asherlin77
Member since 2004 • 2453 Posts

id say grab the TE immediately... this stick will go down in history.

EmyrsII

I agree. It will go down in history.....as the biggest con in arcade stick history. Their SFIV fightpads are already malfunctioning and these TE sticks aren't even on the market yet. Who cares who designed it. I know who those guys are. Who cares if genuine high grade arcade components are in it. It's still manufactured, housed, and put together by MadCatz with MadCatz's same old junky circuitry. The buttons, joystick and ball aren't the only components of an arcade stick. The rest of the materials are MADCATZ.....and it is put together by MadCATZ.

I feel like Noah warning everyone about the rain. Stay away from that TE stick n00bs.

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 iamshivy
da, da, da...
awd250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points