This topic is locked from further discussion.

robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 robmonga2
Member since 2003 • 1193 Posts

The video gaming community is divided, more than ever before. But I've noticed that PS3 'owners' follow a certain set of rules, I know I do. I'm gonna list some rules that I follow, please post your own, add to my list or argue a change to mine.

RULE #0. If you're a complete loser/ spoiled brat that's mouching off your parents/unemployment, don't get a PS3, GET A LIFE.

RULE #1. The ps3 will be placed somewhere family members/roommates cannot hinder your abiity to play for 5 hours straight. Whether it be a 13inch monitor or a 50 inch LCD.

RULE #2. If it's a sony game, you will buy it; or at least play it before all other games.

RULE#3. When choosing between disc based and psn version of a game, remember this...you will have to get up to put in the disc version.

RULE #4. Get a second controller, bluetooth headset, littlebigplanet and a sports game if you have anything resembling friends/social life; if not refer to RULE #0

RULE #5. Don't talk about Halo.

RULE #6. DON'T TALK ABOUT HALO. (proclaimed by Guchari)

RULE #7. Never trust the third party games, THEY DO NOT HAVE YOUR BEST INTERESTS IN MIND.

RULE #8. Fold.

RULE #9. Under 16 years old? Stay off home.

RULE #10. Use your PS3 for things other than gaming. Video, music, pictures, folding. Dont' waste your money, you bought a media center.

RULE #11. Keep your wii and/or 360 20 ft from your PS3 at all times, you wouldn't park your Bentley outside by a Buick would you?

RULE #12. DO NOT touch another persons PS3, unless you have obtained their permission and/or are under their supervision. (proclaimed by jagsxxfan)

crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 crashndash
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
what can i say the title of the post says it all lol
Maccas4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Maccas4177
Member since 2009 • 27 Posts

Haha, that is outstanding!!! Not sure what you mean by fold tho. I'll have to have a think about the PS3 rules I govern myself by and post back later.

Duxsox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Duxsox56
Member since 2009 • 1186 Posts

He means use Folding @ Home. The thing that lets Stanford use your PS3 to research cancer.

ThEmAk_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ThEmAk_XD
Member since 2008 • 764 Posts

mhmm mhmm...all reasonable

robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 robmonga2

Haha, that is outstanding!!! Not sure what you mean by fold tho. I'll have to have a think about the PS3 rules I govern myself by and post back later.

Maccas4177

Yeah, by fold I mean folding@home which has now been renamed life with playstation. It allows you to do something that's actually productive to society with your gaming console.

jagsxxfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jagsxxfan
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts

rule number 10 is sooooo epic hahahahahaha wow

well i have one to add

rule#11 you are not allowed to touch anothers ps3 without permission or concent!! add it

Maccas4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Maccas4177
Member since 2009 • 27 Posts

well i have one to add

rule#11 you are not allowed to touch anothers ps3 without permission or concent!! add it

jagsxxfan

agree with adding rule #11 - but you need to add 'supervision'

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
I fold a lot I just don't use my PS3 for it.
Guchari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Guchari
Member since 2009 • 60 Posts

robmonga2

My favorite.

Reminds me of fight club

RULE #6. Don't talk about Halo!

jagsxxfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jagsxxfan

[QUOTE="jagsxxfan"]

well i have one to add

Maccas4177

in order for this thread to survive we must add rule 11

robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 robmonga2

[QUOTE="Maccas4177"]

[QUOTE="jagsxxfan"]

well i have one to add

jagsxxfan

in order for this thread to survive we must add rule 11

I'll take that as a threat, so I'll do it.
robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 robmonga2

[QUOTE="robmonga2"]

Guchari

My favorite.

Reminds me of fight club

RULE #6. Don't talk about Halo!

Haha, I like.
Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts
This thread reeks of fanboyism.
robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 robmonga2
This thread reeks of fanboyism.Greyfeld
Troll.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
im a big victim of #1...even bought a 40 inch LCD just for that reason lol
Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Greyfeld
[QUOTE="Greyfeld"]This thread reeks of fanboyism.robmonga2
Troll.

Fail.
yodaddyninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 yodaddyninja
Member since 2009 • 769 Posts

I can smell it in the air.

angelo3903

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 angelo3903
Member since 2009 • 206 Posts

could rule number 12 be "buy a psp so you can brag about remote play in front the jealous person reading on the train" or something like that?

p.s rule number 13? "use the ps3 browser even if you have a laptop around"

robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 robmonga2

[QUOTE="Greyfeld"] Troll. robmonga2
Fail.

Epic fail.

could rule number 12 be "buy a psp so you can brag about remote play in front the jealous person reading on the train" or something like that?

angelo3903

Haha, I would, but i think you might be the only person to use that feature.

angelo3903

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 angelo3903
Member since 2009 • 206 Posts

[QUOTE="robmonga2"][QUOTE="Greyfeld"] Fail.robmonga2

Epic fail.

angelo3903

even i don't use xD

Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Greyfeld

[QUOTE="robmonga2"][QUOTE="Greyfeld"] Troll. robmonga2

Fail.

Epic fail.

Triple flop fail?

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

[QUOTE="robmonga2"]

[QUOTE="robmonga2"] Epic fail.

[QUOTE="angelo3903"]

angelo3903

even i don't use xD

the only thing its really worth using for is to watch tv shows and other videos that way.
GameHog9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GameHog9
Member since 2008 • 1052 Posts

Omg you hit me right on the head... even the part about 3rd parties :lol:

:shock:

jagsxxfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jagsxxfan

dont worry i will contribute agian

ok this is rule number .5 yes .5

you have to name your ps3!!!!!!

mines shelby i love her so much

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

I got one: Buy Sega and Sony games @ full price and wait or rent other games that are not from these publishers.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#28 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

PS3 owns all other systems!

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

So how about that Halo?

Good game, amirite?

play_thegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 play_thegame
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

So how about that Halo?

Good game, amirite?

i somehow managed to O.o and >_> at the same time. i cant move my face....
MFbronz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MFbronz
Member since 2007 • 403 Posts

i like rule 11...but it depends on what kind of buick...if i had a bentley i would park it next to a 72 deuce.....thats probably the best thing buick ever made imo.

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts

I've made my notes...

The video gaming community is divided, more than ever before. But I've noticed that PS3 'owners' follow a certain set of rules, I know I do. I'm gonna list some rules that I follow, please post your own, add to my list or argue a change to mine.

RULE #0. If you're a complete loser/ spoiled brat that's mouching off your parents/unemployment, don't get a PS3, GET A LIFE.What!?!? If parents buy their kid whatever he/she wants that's the parent's fault, not the kids. Living on unemployment doesn't mean someone's aloser... IT'S A RECESSION & UNEMPLOYMENT IS AT AN ALL TIME HIGH!!!!! That being said, this rule should not exist.

RULE #1. The ps3 will be placed somewhere family members/roommates cannot hinder your abiity to play for 5 hours straight. Whether it be a 13inch monitor or a 50 inch LCD. What about watching Blu-Rays... that's a family/roomie activity. I do like to play in peace though... this rule can stay with some editing.

RULE #2. If it's a sony game, you will buy it; or at least play it before all other games. This is good.

RULE#3. When choosing between disc based and psn version of a game, remember this...you will have to get up to put in the disc version. But, you can't trade in a PSN title.

RULE #4. Get a second controller, bluetooth headset, littlebigplanet and a sports game if you have anything resembling friends/social life; if not refer to RULE #0. This is good too.

RULE #5. Don't talk about Halo. Can we talk about how over-rated it is? Or, how without it the XBOX probably wouldn't exist anymore?

RULE #6. DON'T TALK ABOUT HALO. (proclaimed by Guchari) I don't think this really needs to be a duplicate rule... we get it already!

RULE #7. Never trust the third party games, THEY DO NOT HAVE YOUR BEST INTERESTS IN MIND. What about MW2? And Rule #4 states that we must own a sports game. The only sports game Sony makes is MLB The Show (which is awesome), but it's not football.

RULE #8. Fold. This one is good. Never done it though.

RULE #9. Under 16 years old? Stay off home. Add this... "or anything else that allows the use of a mic."

RULE #10. Use your PS3 for things other than gaming. Video, music, pictures, folding. Dont' waste your money, you bought a media center. This should be #1 IMO.

RULE #11. Keep your wii and/or 360 20 ft from your PS3 at all times, you wouldn't park your Bentley outside by a Buick would you? My Wii is parked right next to my PS3. They're buddies, and they sing "Ebony and Ivory." I would park my Bentley next to a Buick so the guy with the Buick would come out and say DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

RULE #12. DO NOT touch another persons PS3, unless you have obtained their permission and/or are under their supervision. (proclaimed by jagsxxfan) Actually, this should be #1. I use this rule for all my electronics/toys... especially my PS3.

robmonga2

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jshaas
Well, DUH! BTW, what's "Version 7" of the PS2?
robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 robmonga2

Hmm you bring up a couple good points, but take most of the rules the wrong way.

[QUOTE="robmonga2"]

RULE #0. If you're a complete loser/ spoiled brat that's mouching off your parents/unemployment, don't get a PS3, GET A LIFE.What!?!? If parents buy their kid whatever he/she wants that's the parent's fault, not the kids. Living on unemployment doesn't mean someone's aloser... IT'S A RECESSION & UNEMPLOYMENT IS AT AN ALL TIME HIGH!!!!! That being said, this rule should not exist. I never said people on unemployment are losers, and by spoiled brat I mean, is slacking at school and plays games all day. You can't just ignore your life and play video games, get sh*t in order and then sit on that couch.

RULE #1. The ps3 will be placed somewhere family members/roommates cannot hinder your abiity to play for 5 hours straight. Whether it be a 13inch monitor or a 50 inch LCD. What about watching Blu-Rays... that's a family/roomie activity. I do like to play in peace though... this rule can stay with some editing. If your family wants to watch tv, but you want to play a game, I say your family has a right of way. That's why this rule exists, even if it means direct violation of RULE#10. Don't waste your cash putting the ps3 where it won't be used for it's primary function.

RULE #2. If it's a sony game, you will buy it; or at least play it before all other games. This is good.

RULE#3. When choosing between disc based and psn version of a game, remember this...you will have to get up to put in the disc version. But, you can't trade in a PSN title.

RULE #4. Get a second controller, bluetooth headset, littlebigplanet and a sports game if you have anything resembling friends/social life; if not refer to RULE #0. This is good too.

RULE #5. Don't talk about Halo. Can we talk about how over-rated it is? Or, how without it the XBOX probably wouldn't exist anymore?

RULE #6. DON'T TALK ABOUT HALO. (proclaimed by Guchari) I don't think this really needs to be a duplicate rule... we get it already! It's a joke.

RULE #7. Never trust the third party games, THEY DO NOT HAVE YOUR BEST INTERESTS IN MIND. What about MW2? And Rule #4 states that we must own a sports game. The only sports game Sony makes is MLB The Show (which is awesome), but it's not football. I never stated 'dont' own third party games. We're talking about trust, all consumer products are not made equal.

RULE #9. Under 16 years old? Stay off home. Add this... "or anything else that allows the use of a mic." Mics are usually spammed by under 16 year olds, but Home is another world all together, that place is closer to **** then anything lol.

RULE #10. Use your PS3 for things other than gaming. Video, music, pictures, folding. Dont' waste your money, you bought a media center. This should be #1 IMO. I can see why you'd say that, for someone with a full home theatre setup, this would be #1 or #2.

RULE #11. Keep your wii and/or 360 20 ft from your PS3 at all times, you wouldn't park your Bentley outside by a Buick would you? My Wii is parked right next to my PS3. They're buddies, and they sing "Ebony and Ivory." I would park my Bentley next to a Buick so the guy with the Buick would come out and say DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! You risk the chance of that crappy buick bumping your bentley, it's not like the buick is worried about it's paint.

RULE #12. DO NOT touch another persons PS3, unless you have obtained their permission and/or are under their supervision. (proclaimed by jagsxxfan) Actually, this should be #1. I use this rule for all my electronics/toys... especially my PS3. I've half violated this rule once, I turned on my buddies ps3 and changed all his language settings to korean, it was funny, but I never touched the actual console .

jshaas

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jshaas

Hmm you bring up a couple good points, but take most of the rules the wrong way.

[QUOTE="jshaas"]

[QUOTE="robmonga2"]

RULE #0. If you're a complete loser/ spoiled brat that's mouching off your parents/unemployment, don't get a PS3, GET A LIFE.What!?!? If parents buy their kid whatever he/she wants that's the parent's fault, not the kids. Living on unemployment doesn't mean someone's aloser... IT'S A RECESSION & UNEMPLOYMENT IS AT AN ALL TIME HIGH!!!!! That being said, this rule should not exist. I never said people on unemployment are losers, and by spoiled brat I mean, is slacking at school and plays games all day. By using the "/" you're tying them all together.You can't just ignore your life and play video games, get sh*t in order and then sit on that couch. Agreed

RULE #1. The ps3 will be placed somewhere family members/roommates cannot hinder your abiity to play for 5 hours straight. Whether it be a 13inch monitor or a 50 inch LCD. What about watching Blu-Rays... that's a family/roomie activity. I do like to play in peace though... this rule can stay with some editing. If your family wants to watch tv, but you want to play a game, I say your family has a right of way. That's why this rule exists, even if it means direct violation of RULE#10. Don't waste your cash putting the ps3 where it won't be used for it's primary function. But, the "primary function"depends on the owner... correct? Some people buy it just for the BR player, some buy it just for games. How about this then... "If youlive with a roomie/family, you need two PS3 systems."

RULE #6. DON'T TALK ABOUT HALO. (proclaimed by Guchari) I don't think this really needs to be a duplicate rule... we get it already! It's a joke. Oh, I know...I just don't think it's that funny.

RULE #7. Never trust the third party games, THEY DO NOT HAVE YOUR BEST INTERESTS IN MIND. What about MW2? And Rule #4 states that we must own a sports game. The only sports game Sony makes is MLB The Show (which is awesome), but it's not football. I never stated 'dont' own third party games. We're talking about trust, all consumer products are not made equal. Okay, I see what you're saying here... especially the one's ported from the 360 version.

RULE #9. Under 16 years old? Stay off home. Add this... "or anything else that allows the use of a mic." Mics are usually spammed by under 16 year olds, but Home is another world all together, that place is closer to **** then anything lol. I only played Home for a few days when it first released... got bored very quickly, and I didn't want to pay for everything that makes it better.

RULE #10. Use your PS3 for things other than gaming. Video, music, pictures, folding. Dont' waste your money, you bought a media center. This should be #1 IMO. I can see why you'd say that, for someone with a full home theatre setup, this would be #1 or #2.

RULE #11. Keep your wii and/or 360 20 ft from your PS3 at all times, you wouldn't park your Bentley outside by a Buick would you? My Wii is parked right next to my PS3. They're buddies, and they sing "Ebony and Ivory." I would park my Bentley next to a Buick so the guy with the Buick would come out and say DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! You risk the chance of that crappy buick bumping your bentley, it's not like the buick is worried about it's paint.

RULE #12. DO NOT touch another persons PS3, unless you have obtained their permission and/or are under their supervision. (proclaimed by jagsxxfan) Actually, this should be #1. I use this rule for all my electronics/toys... especially my PS3. I've half violated this rule once, I turned on my buddies ps3 and changed all his language settings to korean, it was funny, but I never touched the actual console . HA! I'll have to try this!

robmonga2

dhellwig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dhellwig
Member since 2009 • 178 Posts

Last time i checked this is the PS3 forum. So...

Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

Those rules are interesting...to say the least.

Michael622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Michael622
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts
It stings the nostrils.
jagsxxfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jagsxxfan

another contribution

rule 13....you must dust and take care of your ps3....good rule

GooMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 GooMaster
Member since 2009 • 296 Posts

What cant talk about Halo??

So if i want a ps3 i cant talk about halo...

not gonna follow those rules sorry.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Add these rules - You must greet other playstation fans in the real worldwith "playstation power" andgive a fist bump to the sky. If you meet someone who doesn't recognise the ps3 as the very best , kick them to sleep like you're Nathan Drake.

aleccj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 aleccj1
Member since 2010 • 31 Posts

This thread certainly does reek of fanboyism... Annoys me and pisses me off more than Apple fanboys do. If you own a PS3, you can still talk about Halo. There are no rules.

robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 robmonga2

This thread certainly does reek of fanboyism... Annoys me and pisses me off more than Apple fanboys do. If you own a PS3, you can still talk about Halo. There are no rules.

aleccj1
You know who are more annoying than fanboys? Trolls, especially ones that don't recognize they're in the PS3 forum, or see a joke thread when it's slapping them in the face. Some of my rules are clearing just jokes, so calm down.