PS3 near it's end

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts

For the past few days my PS3 has been acting up. Every game I put in to play stays stuck on a loading screen and the hard drive lights stays on and is steady. Is my PS3 at it's end?

blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts
Nope, it's just slow.
Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mcortijo01

That's what I thought at first but the games I try to play never load up.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts
Nope, it's just slow.blabbyboy
Well that doesn't help much. >__> :lol:
PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts

Mcortijo01
Are you talking about disc-based games or DL'ed ones? Also, how's your space situation on your HDD? If you don't have a lot of space on your HDD then things could be slowing down for that reason--just as w/ a computer w/ little HDD space. If you're having difficulties playing DL'ed games then that could be prime reason. If the issue is w/ disc-based games (and your HDD space is fine), then it could be possible your bluray drive may be on the verge of going out--hence the reason the games are taking longer to load/read (indicating the laser could be going bad). Or maybe you simply need to clean the laser....do you happen to have a bluray/game console disc cleaner?
hardyfan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 hardyfan8
Member since 2009 • 484 Posts
Not to sure if its a major problem, might wanna give Sony a ring and get their opinion. Might be time to get a new PS3. And your in luck, the Black Ops bundle comes out Tuesday, just a suggestion. Black Ops does kinda suck though...
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Not to sure if its a major problem, might wanna give Sony a ring and get their opinion. Might be time to get a new PS3. And your in luck, the Black Ops bundle comes out Tuesday, just a suggestion. Black Ops does kinda suck though...hardyfan8
Black Ops sux.. then how come so many people playing?
tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts
Not to sure if its a major problem, might wanna give Sony a ring and get their opinion. Might be time to get a new PS3. And your in luck, the Black Ops bundle comes out Tuesday, just a suggestion. Black Ops does kinda suck though...hardyfan8
The bundle's HDD space is quite low too. He might as well buy a used 250 GB or a new 320 GB model
1337h4xx0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 1337h4xx0rz
Member since 2008 • 314 Posts
[QUOTE="hardyfan8"]Not to sure if its a major problem, might wanna give Sony a ring and get their opinion. Might be time to get a new PS3. And your in luck, the Black Ops bundle comes out Tuesday, just a suggestion. Black Ops does kinda suck though...Dogswithguns

Because they got all the achievments in MW 2 and they have no choice. But this is getting off topic. I've had an original 60GB that I've had since opening day, and it just died on me last month. Mine was doing the same as yours. At first, it would just take forever to load a game, then the drive itself wouldnt even spin anymore. Sorry bud, but I think you are probably going to have to replace it :(
Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mcortijo01

[QUOTE="Mcortijo01"]

PumpkinBoogie

Are you talking about disc-based games or DL'ed ones? Also, how's your space situation on your HDD? If you don't have a lot of space on your HDD then things could be slowing down for that reason--just as w/ a computer w/ little HDD space. If you're having difficulties playing DL'ed games then that could be prime reason. If the issue is w/ disc-based games (and your HDD space is fine), then it could be possible your bluray drive may be on the verge of going out--hence the reason the games are taking longer to load/read (indicating the laser could be going bad). Or maybe you simply need to clean the laser....do you happen to have a bluray/game console disc cleaner?

I've been having a problem with my disc based games haven't tried my dl games but I'll try. I didn't think about getting a lens cleaner but I will pick one up. Thx.

Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mcortijo01

[QUOTE="Dogswithguns"][QUOTE="hardyfan8"]Not to sure if its a major problem, might wanna give Sony a ring and get their opinion. Might be time to get a new PS3. And your in luck, the Black Ops bundle comes out Tuesday, just a suggestion. Black Ops does kinda suck though...1337h4xx0rz

Because they got all the achievments in MW 2 and they have no choice. But this is getting off topic. I've had an original 60GB that I've had since opening day, and it just died on me last month. Mine was doing the same as yours. At first, it would just take forever to load a game, then the drive itself wouldnt even spin anymore. Sorry bud, but I think you are probably going to have to replace it :(

Mine is an original 60gb as well that I got at launch. I'm going to do what I can to hold on to it but it's lasted me this long which is good so I can't complain.

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts
You need to wine and dine it first. PS3's aren't easy like that. They need to be romanced.
LordsLoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LordsLoss
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts
I have the original 60gig and mine is still going strong. I recommend deleting game data you do not need. I was able to clear up almost 28 gigs.
BillyLee912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BillyLee912
Member since 2011 • 123 Posts

I still have a 60GB and it is still going strong I recommend cleaning your lens with a disk cleaner also if you are running out of space upgrade your harddrive I put a 320GB in mine the other day and I am loving the extra space.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

dont worry PS4 will be here soon :D

jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
Is there a way to DeFrag the drive?
gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
I'd back up your HDD ASAP. Especially game saves. Otherwise you've got 4+ years of hard work down the drain.
LordsLoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LordsLoss
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts
I'd back up your HDD ASAP. Especially game saves. Otherwise you've got 4+ years of hard work down the drain. gmaster456
This is one reason I got the PS+ (cloud saves).
hardyfan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 hardyfan8
Member since 2009 • 484 Posts

Because too many people with no lives play it, they are **** to the CoD series. While I will always buy CoD for the story aspect, the multiplayer is all the same since CoD 4. This is getting off topic though...

Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mcortijo01

I bought a lens cleaner as suggested and it still doesn't work. I put a 250gb hdd a couple of years ago so space isn't an issue. I am going to call Sony and see what they say. I'm afraid if they can't help me over the phone that if I have to send it in, I won't get back my original 60gb.

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#21 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts

I bought a lens cleaner as suggested and it still doesn't work. I put a 250gb hdd a couple of years ago so space isn't an issue. I am going to call Sony and see what they say. I'm afraid if they can't help me over the phone that if I have to send it in, I won't get back my original 60gb.

Mcortijo01
Sucks the disc cleaner didn't work. Yeah, you could call Sony & see what they say. Also, if they don't give you an answer back that sounds like you be able to keep/get you original 60gb back; maybe you could look into someone other than Sony to service it (like a local game shop that fixes systems or something). Especially if you're not in warranty anymore, then it wouldn't hurt to have someone else other than Sony take a look at it (of course, as long as they got the skills to fix it, mind you). Like mentioned before, it could a case of bluray drive going bad (if that's the only game-playing issue that you're experiencing w/ your system) and that's the case then it simply just needs to be replaced. (again that only IF that's the only issue you're having w/ your system)
Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mcortijo01

I got it working again! I had a corrupted file and I had to go in the system and rewrite my files. Thanks for the input everybody!

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts

I got it working again! I had a corrupted file and I had to go in the system and rewrite my files. Thanks for the input everybody!

Mcortijo01
Yay!
Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mcortijo01

Worked for a little bit but still having a problem. I'm will be sending it to Sony for repair.