PS3 nat type is 2, PS3 is on DMZ, MW2 nat: moderate... what's going on??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrpear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 mrpear
Member since 2003 • 222 Posts
Can anyone help a brother out? i haven't changed anything on my settings and my nat type changed from open to moderate on MW2. My ps3 network settings say my nat type is 2 and my ps3 is already on my DMZ, so what gives??
mrpear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mrpear

i know it has to do with my internet connection bro, i'm asking if anyone knows why it went from open to moderate. i want it back to open so i can make sure i have a clean connection.

mrpear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mrpear

guess no one's got an answer for me... :(

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
Just now checking back into the site and you really need to share a bit more information like what model router your using and what kind of internet provider your using. With this information maybe someone can help you out.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
moderate nat type isnt bad... mine is strict :( ive done everything i can and i cant get out of nat type 3
doesntcare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 doesntcare
Member since 2007 • 1219 Posts

Well mine was moderate for awhile but now is back to open, i have no clue

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
moderate nat type isnt bad... mine is strict :( ive done everything i can and i cant get out of nat type 3MethodManFTW
If you DSL as a provider then the modem provided needs to be bridged. I had the same problem until I bridged the modem.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]moderate nat type isnt bad... mine is strict :( ive done everything i can and i cant get out of nat type 3jimm895
If you DSL as a provider then the modem provided needs to be bridged. I had the same problem until I bridged the modem.

ive tried to do that before and it just disconnects me for everything :(
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]moderate nat type isnt bad... mine is strict :( ive done everything i can and i cant get out of nat type 3jimm895

i tried pm'ing you... but as usual there is something wrong with glitchspot. anyhow: Hey do you have a good guide to bridging a modem or are you able to explain it yourself? I've been googling to no avail... I have a AT&T Motorolla DSL Modem and a ****** router..
mrpear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mrpear

i'm using a linksys wrt54g with a computer running windows 7 and a mid grade speed of DSL. i've had my ps3 on a DMZ since i bought the thing and it's always been nat type: open in MW2 and nat type 2 on my ps3 connection status.