This topic is locked from further discussion.

DepressionMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

User Lists: 0

#1 DepressionMoon
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts

Hello everyone. I am a very passionate gamer here and i'm trying to work on getting into the game industry. One thing I need to do in order to nail the job is practice creating games, modding games, and level designing. I've already spoken to a few game companies and this is what they're telling me to do. I have been working with LBP for a while beforeI started emailing companies and I know that's not the definitive software to use but if I can't learn to make a great level in that then howI will I be able to do the samewith a much more complex software?I have a level I've been working on since September and haven't been able to finish it because I don't know how to fix the problemsI have and no one seems to want to help me whenI ask them, but they still accept my friend request.

I intend to better my skills as a level designerand create a level that will remain on the community boards for a whileso that I can get sufficient feedback on the work I did. If any of you are as serious as or who possess great skills in making levels in LBP or maps in Unreal Tournament III, please send me a friend request if you're serious and we can all discuss what time is good for everyone.

I will appreciate the help and whenever somebody helps me out I make sure to return the favor.

Edit: My PSN ID: TheBlackTabard

DepressionMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#2 DepressionMoon
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts
erm hm
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
do you actually have a degree in it? if not, you wont get anywhere.
soyt_llusala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 soyt_llusala
Member since 2004 • 289 Posts

Finish the level that you are making in LBP it's a good start. Then make a unique/fun level out of LBP and show them what you got. I'm sure you will get a lot of help/friends after.