PS3 Legit Controllers on Amazon?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sn0wGl0be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sn0wGl0be
Member since 2011 • 81 Posts

Hello ppls I never buy things online but just wanted to quickly ask does anyone know which PS3 controllers on Amazon are legit and which ones are not? The one I'm looking to buy is - http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002GJRQRS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

And I'm pretty sure its sold by the official Sony store, however looking at the reviews for all the controllers it appears some people have received legit, fully functional controllers and others not so much. - http://www.amazon.com/Are-all-the-controllers-fake/forum/Fx1JMENM0PGRFOD/Tx2V8W8LO2STFRX/1/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B002GJRQRS

Supposedly the ones giving poor reviews had bought from third-party stores linked to the page, but if you scroll down the customer service rep replied to EVERYONE stating that the store they bought from was the one selling all counterfeit controllers. :/ ???

So long post-short, can anyone confirm that my selection's legit? Thanks

PS- if you deciphered my bonus riddle hidden in the text, you're awesome

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

sony kows? how is that a riddle?

if it says its by sony computer entertainment and shipped/sold from amazon, its legit.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#3 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

@starwarsjunky said:

sony kows? how is that a riddle?

if it says its by sony computer entertainment and shipped/sold from amazon, its legit.

+1. If you're really paranoid about being defrauded, a lot of businesses are now offering price matching online. You could try them. I know BB and Future Shop will match anything in stock. That way you'll be positive on the authenticity.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

If you buy it from Amazon and not some random seller, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

lyndonAPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 lyndonAPI
Member since 2002 • 2794 Posts

The controllers sold by Amazon themselves are legit. Buy from a reseller saying they are selling the same thing, you roll the dice.

Sn0wGl0be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Sn0wGl0be
Member since 2011 • 81 Posts

Ok so the selection I made is probably legit? Guess I'll go ahead and order it then, if it ends up being a fake I'll try what Namgis suggested, see if a place like Best Buy or Future Shop will match the price in-store. :)

Btw the riddle is "sony *knows* ", and it's just a fun little thing I threw in. Believe it or not, it's a trick to get people to actually read the post who otherwise wouldn't before commenting.