PS3 Internet problems...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for lezdeppelin1249
lezdeppelin1249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 lezdeppelin1249
Member since 2006 • 149 Posts

Hello fellow gamespoters, I got a problem with my internet speed on my playstation 3. I have great internet, and a good router, however, the speed still sucks. In addition, the internet on my laptop works perfect... Any suggestions or tips?

Budtin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Budtin
Member since 2010 • 41 Posts
Is your PS3 wired or wireless ? If wireless maybe you are too far from your router with your PS3.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
What are you using to gauge your speed on both your laptop and PS3. If searching the web on the laptop and playing games on the PS3 that is very different amount of resources needed.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

On the XMB, look at the Network Settings. You can check the download/upload speed, as well as the signal strength from your router. What are those numbers? That would be the first step in diagnosing if your PS3 is receiving a strong signal from your router or not.

Avatar image for lezdeppelin1249
lezdeppelin1249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 lezdeppelin1249
Member since 2006 • 149 Posts

The signal strength on the ps3 says 95%.

caughtsomefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 caughtsomefire
Member since 2006 • 64 Posts

Same here the download speed is slow. Right now im using wired connection to it. Downloading rented movie from PSN. I had to keep pressing pause and resume because it stop downlaoding after few seconds. It really making me mad.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

If you've got 95% signal strength, it might just be that PSN is slow. Took me 2 - 3 hours to download the Section 8 demo the other day. Browsing through the store seem to work really fast though.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
I'm betting the problem is the servers, not you. Things happen and sometimes you can't help it.
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
Most likely the server is the problem. With a 3.0 mbps DSL download speed I never see a problem with downloading anything including movies/programs. The upload speed is a .750 bps and still no problems with that connection. Both speeds do require the server be doing it's job. Another thing is if using cable internet service the speeds tend to fluctuate a great deal depending on the number of people using the same line between you and the main tower.
Avatar image for PurelyCourteous
PurelyCourteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PurelyCourteous
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
if you're using wireless, make sure on your laptop you close torrentz, youtube, and make sure you're not downloading anything.
dongabilondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 dongabilondo
Member since 2009 • 333 Posts

I was having similar problems for a long time, and just recently fixed it. I have a wireless router, and for some reason I could not download stuff very well, especially updates, when I downloaded updates, the downloads would freeze everytime.

So when I looked at my router settings, I had "plug and play" on. I turned it off, and now my internet on my PS3 works perfect. However my network became alot more sensitive to things that PurelyCourteous mentioned

Hope this helped!

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#12 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
Im having the same problem. . . IT's taking me FOREVER to download a movie. . . My Signal strength is 100% wireless. . . I always use wireless. . . Yes I am on the Laptop wireless also. .
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18827 Posts
Is anyonne else having trouble signing in your yahoo email account or searching for videos on youtube?
ColdestWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ColdestWind

This seemed to help me when I was having internet connectivity problems with PS3: try changing your PS3 network device's operation mode from Automatic to a different duplex (1000T Full-Duplex is what mine is set to), and as was suggested, turn off UPnP. If you are on a wireless setting, I'd also try switching to wired; helped me tons.

ColdestWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ColdestWind

I can't sign in to hotmail; every time I try, I get the "wrong address or password" message in red. It's beenlike thatfor months, despite Sony's promises for a fix. :(

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18827 Posts
Is anyonne else having trouble signing in your yahoo email account or searching for videos on youtube?PSP107
lol@ qouting myself. lol @ bringing back a post from July/August. anyway, @ColdestWin, I think the problem is websites upgrade their sites which the PS3 can't support or needs an update. like I said back in Aug, I still cant sign in my yahoo email or search in videos youtube anymore.