This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamer173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamer173
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i just wanna let everyone know first that I'm a total noob when it comes to game consoles, but i really need to ask this. I've seen a couple of videos that compare the xbox360 graphics to the ps3, overall the xbox360 looks slightly better, i was wondering are there different graphic cards i could buy or do all ps3 come with the same default graphic card? p.s.( i already have the x360 pro if the helps in any way, just trying to get the same or better level graphics with the ps3.)
Mik3W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mik3W
Member since 2009 • 33 Posts
You cant replace a part of the PS3's Hardware. Comes with the default 8 processors. 7 are used. 1 for the OS, 6 for Gaming, the extra 1 is just for extra if one burns out, which it wont. PS3 has better capabilities when it comes to Hardware Requirements, but Xbox360 and PS3 overall produce a very similar image when compared. PS3 has free internet access though, but its up to you. "Graphics Cards" from what you are asking, are what make a console a console. The entire machine is a graphics card at one point.
gamer173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gamer173
i'm just wondering is there a way to enhance the graphics? from what you've just said I'm assuming the answer is no?
NightmareCV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 NightmareCV
Member since 2007 • 440 Posts

If you're looking to enhance your gaming you want a PC, the PS3 comes as is but when you look at games like Uncharted 2 you will not question its power. The comparisons only come from third party games and that is only because most games are made for 360 and are then ported. Now that developers are more comfortable with the PS3 those comparisons are pretty much even now.

gamer173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gamer173
thank you for the input guys
blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts
The xbox uses a yellow light, and the ps3 uses a blu ray. Yeah Blu not blue. But really the graphics are almost the same and u wont notice anything while ur playing.
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts
[QUOTE="gamer173"]i just wanna let everyone know first that I'm a total noob when it comes to game consoles, but i really need to ask this. I've seen a couple of videos that compare the xbox360 graphics to the ps3, overall the xbox360 looks slightly better, i was wondering are there different graphic cards i could buy or do all ps3 come with the same default graphic card? p.s.( i already have the x360 pro if the helps in any way, just trying to get the same or better level graphics with the ps3.)

get uncharted 2 amd killzone 2 and u will see which has better graphics
GingerDeadMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GingerDeadMan
Member since 2009 • 807 Posts

I wasn't sure what to make of this thread when I first clicked on it.

blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts

I wasn't sure what to make of this thread when I first clicked on it.

GingerDeadMan
Lol same, i thought this was another ps3 vs xbox graphics or something like that.
ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ReaperOfLiving
If the GAME is the same then so are the graphics!!! You must look at the exclusives and determine what you like better!! The game is wrote on a computer then copied to a BlueRay and a DVD with some modifications made. (controls ect.) The PlayStation 3 usually has better graphics on it's exclusives do to the extremely large space on a BlueRay disk (60 gb) compared to the 8gb of a dual layer DVD. Much more capability of a better game on PS3 then on Xbox 360. And no I don't think you can change graphic card.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#11 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
i'm just wondering is there a way to enhance the graphics? from what you've just said I'm assuming the answer is no?gamer173
Nope, everything is default and you cannot added hardware. But personally, the graphics are great.
thunderf00t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thunderf00t
Member since 2009 • 948 Posts
With multiplatform games, due to ease of development, some games still look better on the 360. Quite a few multiplats have reached a point of being equal. Anyway, you can't usually notice these kinds of differences unless you look at the two systems running the game side by side. Just playing the games, you're unlikely to notice or care. (outside of extreme examples like Ghostbusters) It's in the exclusive games that the PS3 truly shines, such as Uncharted 1&2, God of War 3, Ratchet and Clank, MGS4, and Killzone 2.
kenchen23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kenchen23
Member since 2006 • 486 Posts

as for now and overall they are the same but few games xbox cant compare to ps3. xbox are limited for now and ps3 have a long way to go. But you cant really tell the difference while your playing anyways, so theyre both great.