dylan417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 dylan417
Member since 2008 • 5195 Posts

I put in my disc copy of Uncharted 3 the other day and even though I played it about last year and still have the game/update file, it made me download a new game update (1.29 I believe, not that it makes a difference). I started downloading it and realized that it would take an estimated 20+ minutes. Sighing, I started the download. With about 5 minutes remaining of the download, I was hit with some sort of error screen. I circled out and my PS3 restarted. I went to update the game again thinking that it would just pick up where I had left off but it just started from scratch. I really don't feel like downloading this update so I have a question: If I cancel the update and play the later version (still with an older update), will I be able to unlock trophies?

I know you can't play online.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#2  Edited By k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

I believe you can still unlock the trophies normally.

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Soethi6
Member since 2014 • 425 Posts

It is possible. There was a trophy in GoW3 which was way easier to obtain in the unpatched retail game because it was glitched. I uninstalled the patch, disconnected from the internet, started GoW, got the trophy and patched the game afterwards.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Your system doesn´t need to be on-line to unlock the trophies.

I got a brand new COD Modern Warfare copy, put in my console and it immediately informed me there was an update, so I accepted the update, it downloaded and installed and when, after it finished and rebooted it informed me of a "fatal error" and didn´t run the game. I deleted the COD file, this time I turned off the modem allowed the game to start and then turned on the modem, I can still play on-line perfectly well and the game runs like silk. Now everytime i want to play that game I just turn off the modem. It continues to unlock trophies as I progress in the game ( campaign and on-line ).

dylan417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 dylan417
Member since 2008 • 5195 Posts

Thanks all! Trophies are unlocking just fine.