PS3 exclusives are dying.

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sithisx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sithisx
Member since 2008 • 296 Posts

Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Resonance of Fate (pretty sure that was first supposed to be an exclusive), Quantum Theory (WAS supposed to be the PS3 gamer's Gears). I mean, whats going on here guys? I wouldn't have been suprised if they announced God of War 3 was gonna bemultiplatform. It just seems like theres more(insert other console name here)exclusives out there that never end up being mutliplatform. I know I sound like a disgruntled fanboy right now but I game on pretty much anything.. PC, PS3 and (insert other console name here). I just think out of the two consoles the PS3 is honest to god the better machine, and I dont know what the hell happened but it deserves so much more then it gets.

I don't know though, what do you guys think? Oh by the way I didn't know if theres already tons of threads like this, I just wanted to make my own. So please only reply if you are discussing this with me.

Avatar image for Nocturnal_Speed
Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Nocturnal_Speed
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Out with the old and in with the new.

All those games were great and had there time to shine, but I'm sure Sony thought it was time to move on and put there money else where.

Zed_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Zed_11
Member since 2008 • 224 Posts

I know what you mean and I agree but theres still a fair few PS3 exclusives to choose from.

Sithisx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sithisx
I know guys it just irritates me a bit. I really would have liked to see games like Quantum and Metal Gear Rising as a PS3 exclusive. I mean, before I bought PS3 whenever I thought about buying one I would always think about MGS4. I just wish it could be the same way with Rising, even if you dont agree with me ya gotta understand where Im comin from.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

Not really, Sony's first party studio list is increasing, they've also just bought MediaMolicule.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
i dont understand where you are coming from? I like it when games are multplat so more people have an opportunity to play them
amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

Most of the exclusives that Sony has been losing were only really exclusive because of the popularity of the PS2. It was so widely successful that developers could just say "screw it let's just make it for the PS2", because it's a lot easier developing a game for just one console.

The days of Sony's dominance are over now though and it's no surprise devs want to get their product to as many gamers as possible.

SmashingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 SmashingX
Member since 2007 • 625 Posts

Final Fantasy 13 was pretty meh imo. And MGS4 is the last of that series i'll ever need, i've always been more into Solid Snake's/Big Bosses story than the gameplay. And if MAG were anything like GEARS i wouldn't have bought it.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Do you really think a first party game will go multiplat...?:roll:

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]i dont understand where you are coming from? I like it when games are multplat so more people have an opportunity to play them

This. It gives people the opportunity to play more great games on whatever console they own.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts

Even though the PS3 lost some big 3rd party exclusives, nothing beats its 1st and 2nd party lineup. Uncharted 1 & 2, inFAMOUS, God of War 3, Demon's Souls, Resistance 1 & 2, Killzone 2, Heavy Rain, Warhawk, Motorstorm 1 & 2, LBP, MAG,GT5, The Last Guardian and so much more. What are you on about?

dan_gerous87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dan_gerous87
Member since 2007 • 785 Posts

Yes lots are being born & growing up too.

jrocksreturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jrocksreturn
Member since 2005 • 191 Posts
*Sigh* I miss The Super Nintendo Sega Genesis era. I owned both and each system had a plethora of games exclusive to each console. The comp between those two systems was a pretty close battle. Now with the systems out now its pretty much a big margin between each of the systems. Sony is starting to close the gap, but as of right now Sony is still behind Microsoft.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

I wouldn't have been suprised if they announced God of War 3 was gonna bemultiplatform.

Sithisx

Do you really think that was going to happen? It's developed by Sony's Santa Monica.

Keyblade_150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Keyblade_150
Member since 2007 • 558 Posts
i dont understand where you are coming from? I like it when games are multplat so more people have an opportunity to play themMethodManFTW
Agreed :D
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
If it weren't for exclusives going multiplatform, you might not be able to play games like Dead Rising 2, Lost Planet 2 or Episodes from Liberty City on a PS3. See what I did there?
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I don't have a problem with multiplatform games - it gives others an opportunity to play them as well. I find it silly that fanboys argue over such things...
Sithisx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sithisx
Those games suck... Just forget it, blame it on the xanax and the severe depression. Its messing with my mind.
Snakewiseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Snakewiseman
Member since 2009 • 1287 Posts
I know guys it just irritates me a bit. I really would have liked to see games like Quantum and Metal Gear Rising as a PS3 exclusive. I mean, before I bought PS3 whenever I thought about buying one I would always think about MGS4. I just wish it could be the same way with Rising, even if you dont agree with me ya gotta understand where Im comin from.Sithisx
All I wanted was mgs4 as well
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MushroomWig
I wouldn't have been suprised if they announced God of War 3 was gonna bemultiplatform.Sithisx
It should, considering how Sony owns the IP.
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

PS3 exclusives are dying...what? The list of Sony exclusives is growing. You mentioned Final Fantasy as going multiplat, and maybe XIII did, but what system is getting Versus XIII? The PS3. What system is getting Agito XIII? The PSP. We're still getting the full Fabula Nova Crystallis series; they're not. So I still feel pretty good about that. Resonance of Fate was always intended as multiplat, so that's that theory gone. I remember being miffed about Star Ocean 4 being 360 exclusive, but then they gave us the better version, albeit still flawed, but hey. You mention MGS, but the core series is exclusive, let's not forget MGS branched out to the Gamecube like, 7 years ago, and in fact started with Nintendo. So did Final Fantasy by the way, but that's neither here nor there.

I just find it very odd that you pick now as the time to post this thread, as some enormous exclusives have recently been released, such as Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, with highly anticipated giants such as Final Fantasy Versus XIII, the Final Fantasy XIV MMO, and let's not forget a little thing called Gran Turismo 5 due later this year. Okay, FFXIV is on PC as well, and GT5...well, we should get it...at sometime or another. Point is...dude, PS3 has the best exclusives in the biz, and it's about time, considering dev's are finally starting to use the potential the PS3 has, not whining that it's toooooo haaaarrrrrd.

ElGreco88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 ElGreco88
Member since 2009 • 766 Posts

From my point of view, there are more and more GREAT PS3 exclusives coming out, while I can't say the same for 360. I mean seriously if we skip Mass effect 2 I can't remember which was the last exclusive title of Microsoft that blew my mind (and ME 2 isn't even exclusive. It comes out for PC too)

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

From my point of view, there are more and more GREAT PS3 exclusives coming out, while I can't say the same for 360. I mean seriously if we skip Mass effect 2 I can't remember which was the last exclusive title of Microsoft that blew my mind (and ME 2 isn't even exclusive. It comes out for PC too)

ElGreco88

This may be because I have no interest whatsoever in the 360, but I don't even know what exclusives they have. I know Halo, Gears of War...what else? Alan Wake, right? Isn't that about it, or close to it? I mean, Nintendo has their fantastic exclusives, PS3 is really ramping up the exclusives quality and quantity, not really hearing too much about the 360. Then again, might just be because I don't follow any M$ news.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
I feel like all the decent XBOX games that I can't get on PS3, I can at least get on PC. About the only exception I can think of is Halo. Alan Wake seems to be going for that "Heavy Rain" direction and it's also an XBOX exclusive. Not that the games are anything alike, but at least it's finally an XBOX exclusive game that isn't designed for meat heads (Halo/Gears of War). The only irritating thing about multiplatform, is that the PS3 port is more likely to have a flaw or glitch left in it than the 360 version. Assassin's Creed 2 was a great game, but the screen tearing on the PS3 drove me absolutely insane. And now we are seeing they may be cutting content out in the interest of saving disc space, whereas if the game were PS3 exclusive they would not need to cut corners to make the game fit onto a DVD. I say in that case developers should just make the game PS3 exclusive and make the best game possible, rather than compromise to make it multiplication.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

I agree with the TC, the PS3 is surely running out of exclusives, but the other console seems to be picking up with some. The games that are PS3 exclusive really show off what the PS3 can do, but things are changing and the exclusives are running dry. Sony holding the attitude to not pay for exclusives is a really conceded way to think. Get with the program and invest more software into the PS3 Sony...but they're too cheap to do that! (their too busy trying to come out with the MOVE) :roll:

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MushroomWig

I agree with the TC, the PS3 is surely running out of exclusives, but the other console seems to be picking up with some. The games that are PS3 exclusive really show off what the PS3 can do, but things are changing and the exclusives are running dry. Sony holding the attitude to not pay for exclusives is a really conceded way to think. Get with the program and invest more software into the PS3 Sony...but they're too cheap to do that! (their too busy trying to come out with the MOVE) :roll:

gamer082009
I hope that entire post was sarcasm.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MethodManFTW
nope... from seeing a lot of his posts he is a lem :P
bigmouthkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#28 bigmouthkid
Member since 2006 • 3425 Posts

I had to do this dood.

MattDistillery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MattDistillery
Member since 2010 • 969 Posts

gamer082009

I seriously hope this is sarcasim. Sony has invested far more in the development of exclusives this Gen than Microsoft, I mean they purchased Media Molocule (Little big planet creators) Evolution Studios (Motorstorm creators), BigBig Studios (The last 3 I mentioned are just in the Uk alone) and I believe Quanitic Theory, Level 5 and Ninja theory may well be joining them 1st party sometime soon.

Wheras microsoft has actually let go of 1st Party devs, Ie bungie, and next gen with most likely all publishers/devs going mulitplat for max sales the only exclusives I can see hapening are first and sometimes 2nd party. They have also spent 80 million on timed GTA DLC, Thats utterly ridiculous! You could set up an entire studio or buy over an exsting one for that price.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

OP idk where you get that from, regardless of Sony losing some exclusives, the PS3 is still considered to have the most exclusives this gen.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
[QUOTE="Nocturnal_Speed"]

Out with the old and in with the new.

All those games were great and had there time to shine, but I'm sure Sony thought it was time to move on and put there money else where.

I don't understand how GoW3 is the last game. Its the first PS3 release there should be more Kratos!
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
It took you near four years to notice this? When you don't have 70% of the market in your corner anymore, you have to share, simple as that. Luckily for Sony they picked a great time to really start to round out their first party.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

TC doesn't know how first party and third party developers work, and how loud money talks.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
i dont agree cuz sony is coming out with NEW IPs, while some games that have sequels or w.e are going multiplatform, sony is coing out with new stuff. theres plenty of games to pick

Most of the exclusives that Sony has been losing were only really exclusive because of the popularity of the PS2. It was so widely successful that developers could just say "screw it let's just make it for the PS2", because it's a lot easier developing a game for just one console.

The days of Sony's dominance are over now though and it's no surprise devs want to get their product to as many gamers as possible.

amsfm6
yea i agree with u. besides sony is coming out with their new IPS. they got new games, such as infamous, uncharted, heavenly sword. and more to come
Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#35 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="gamer082009"]

I hope that entire post was sarcasm.

He hates the PS3, look at his latest blog.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="gamer082009"]

MattDistillery

I seriously hope this is sarcasim. Sony has invested far more in the development of exclusives this Gen than Microsoft, I mean they purchased Media Molocule (Little big planet creators) Evolution Studios (Motorstorm creators), BigBig Studios (The last 3 I mentioned are just in the Uk alone) and I believe Quanitic Theory, Level 5 and Ninja theory may well be joining them 1st party sometime soon.

Wheras microsoft has actually let go of 1st Party devs, Ie bungie, and next gen with most likely all publishers/devs going mulitplat for max sales the only exclusives I can see hapening are first and sometimes 2nd party. They have also spent 80 million on timed GTA DLC, Thats utterly ridiculous! You could set up an entire studio or buy over an exsting one for that price.

amen to this post :D
Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Warriorboy1990

As for the "losing exclusives", look at this interesting part of an article I found.

Beyond the new motion controller, Sony has a stellar list of games launching for the PS3 in 2010. We already know about God of War III, MAG, Heavy Rain, and ModNation Racers, but Koller says Sony has some big tricks up its sleeves in the software department, both first and third party titles. We'll have to wait for more details, but it sounds like 2010 is going to be a huge year for Sony as it builds off the momentum from the past few months.

Link

I bolded the part to read.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

^ Hah.

Playstation 3: Slow and steady wins the race.

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Warriorboy1990
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

^ Hah.

Yeah haha. I also read a few analysts predict the PS3 will win the console war once this generation is over.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JoKeR_421

^ Hah.

Scianix-Black
like the race between the turtle and the hare, sony is the turtle and guess wat they might be slow which i admit lol, but damn when they want to deliver they deliver
Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

PS3 still has a ton of exclusives this year: GOW III, Heavy Rain, GT5, ModNation Racer, MAG, Yakuza 3, MLB The Show 10, The Last Guardian (not sure if it's out this year) and a game made by Rockstar most PS3 owners forget : AGENT!

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

If they keep pumping out games like Heavy Rain then I don't care if some other games go multi-plat. Multi-plats are great because other people can enjoy them as well. I don't put much stock into exclusives since I buy almost all my games for PS3 regardless of it multi-plat anyway. Exclusives are important though. They give you a reason to buy a console.

Sithisx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sithisx
OK ok so I was just talking out of my butt guys, sheesh! I was just pissed off because I just heard about Quantum Theory going mutliplat. and I figured it was going to be our little slice of a Gears style game. Even though it looks about 100x better then Gears. I was just blowing off steam and I didn't think the thread would grow so much.
Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Warriorboy1990
OK ok so I was just talking out of my butt guys, sheesh! I was just pissed off because I just heard about Quantum Theory going mutliplat. and I figured it was going to be our little slice of a Gears style game. Even though it looks about 100x better then Gears. I was just blowing off steam and I didn't think the thread would grow so much. Sithisx
Quantum Theory looked terrible to begin with.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MethodManFTW
Quantum Theory looks garbage
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
For every one that has went multiplat, a new one was born.
Sithisx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sithisx
Well thats what you guys think, I personally think QT is going to be a great game
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#48 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

PS3 exclusives are not dying and Final Fantasy hasn't really ever been exclusive considering the series started on Nintendo as for Final Fantasy VII it was released on PC and PS1 as for Metal Gear it's had some exclusive titles on Playstation but most people seem to forget it started on NES and the MSX. The only reason the games are multiplatform is not down to Sony it's down the publishers and developers plus it's a good way of them getting more money as everyone else can enjoy the game too. Sony are coming out with new and fresh titles all the time over the last few years Sony have gave us some great exclusives and I'm sure that Sony will keep even more coming.

A-l-g-r-e-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#49 A-l-g-r-e-n
Member since 2007 • 649 Posts

Who cares? As long as they DO come out on PS3, I'm happy.

By the way... Quantum Theory? REALLY????

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

i dont understand where you are coming from? I like it when games are multplat so more people have an opportunity to play themMethodManFTW

Exactly what I have in mind.