This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for carving_a_giant
carving_a_giant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 carving_a_giant
Member since 2007 • 1516 Posts

Just wonderin what settings you guys used to get best possible picture when watchin dvd's on your ps3. I cant seem to get good enough picture. I already looked this up on the online manual but...uh...um, I dunno, i didn't get it. You know me, I like the easy way out, i.e. I like things handed to me on a plate. So any of you can help me out? Thanks.

Chocograph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Chocograph
Member since 2004 • 121 Posts
With the HDMI connection you set RGB full "ON" and the color setting (whatever that's called) to RGB instead of that ypyiyyyyyy crap. And there you go.
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts

With the HDMI connection you set RGB full "ON" and the color setting (whatever that's called) to RGB instead of that ypyiyyyyyy crap. And there you go.Chocograph

I agree with that and will add that sometimes it takes a little playing around with the settings on the TV as well. I have had some DVD's that looked better by turning the brightness down a little or tweaking the contrast a little, there are a few other things that can be tweaked on most TV's (depending on the manufacturer of the TV).

YourDaddy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 YourDaddy88
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts
Set the DVD upscaling to normal or, depending on what tv you have, whichever setting works best. Read up on the features and what they do online at sony's playstation website.