PS3 Downloads too slow

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts
Hello Everyone. I have a problem with my ps3 downloading problems. My ps3 has a wireless connection. Here's the info on it: My internet connection test: Obtain IP Adress Succeeded Internet Connection Succeeded Playstation@network Succeeded UPnP Not available NAT type Type 2 CONNECTION SPEED (DOWNLOAD)* 962.3 KBPS CONNECTION SPEED (UPLOAD)* 321.0 KPBS My Xbox 360 is also wireless and connected to the same router. It seems to download things at a much quicker pace. How is that possible? They are BOTH connected to the same wireless router. Both of my systems are side by side each other so it's not like the ps3 is behind 2 or 3 different walls. Would turning off Media server help? There are a lot of really good downloads now such as ME2, LBP2 and X-Men arcade game. It just stinks that this is taking forever. Any suggestions?
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
well first, wireless is always bad, u never get a steady or stable connection, and by the way it looks ur internet is pretty bad, i have a lil over 80mbps and upload about 5mbps and i never have problems. not sayin u need a connection as good as mine but u need a minimum of 7mbps at least to have a decent connection and stable, so u can download with ease
ireesh_lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ireesh_lad
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
well first, wireless is always bad, u never get a steady or stable connection, and by the way it looks ur internet is pretty bad, i have a lil over 80mbps and upload about 5mbps and i never have problems. not sayin u need a connection as good as mine but u need a minimum of 7mbps at least to have a decent connection and stable, so u can download with easeJoKeR_421
Alot of places dont have that fast connections avaliable.