ps3 connecting to wi-fi

This topic is locked from further discussion.

plvness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 plvness
Member since 2007 • 95 Posts

OK I was trying to help hook my brothers ps3 to my wi-fi and it seemed not to detect any wireless networks so as we men do he threw out the directions for my router it is a d-link model DIR-615 can anybody tell me how to hook it up thanx

dechang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dechang
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I have the same router and had problems with it in the beginning too.

The security setting I have is WPA/PSK2. You'll want to log in to your router (preferably through LAN), with the address "192.168.0.1". Type in your login credentials and go to wireless settings. There's an option for "Firewall Settings" and what you will need to do is scroll to the bottom and add the PS3's IP address to the DMZ.

This is the only way that I have made it work, and even sometimes I'll have to reset the router so that the PS3 (and even the rest of my wireless network) can detect the router.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts

OK I was trying to help hook my brothers ps3 to my wi-fi and it seemed not to detect any wireless networks so as we men do he threw out the directions for my router it is a d-link model DIR-615 can anybody tell me how to hook it up thanx

plvness
So you haven't hit it with a hammer and thrown some duct tape on it yet?
PSNIDCiocio313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PSNIDCiocio313
Member since 2009 • 391 Posts

in your ps3 network connection settings, u have to type in the SSID Name and the WEP encryption key thats located on your wireless router

u get the SSID name from scanning for a wireless connection through your ps3

solidwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 solidwarrior2
Member since 2008 • 256 Posts

check the connection settings and check if you router is actually working fine

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
The information so far makes some good points but depending on your IP there could be other settings that might need to be tweaked. If you want a manual you can go to the D-Link web site and look for your routers model and download the latest manual. Also while your there you might want to see if the firmware is up to date on your router.
cellmysoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cellmysoul
Member since 2010 • 34 Posts
http://www.portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm Check out this site, it will help you do it all....
The_EffecT101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_EffecT101
Member since 2009 • 79 Posts

I have the same router and had problems with it in the beginning too.

The security setting I have is WPA/PSK2. You'll want to log in to your router (preferably through LAN), with the address "192.168.0.1". Type in your login credentials and go to wireless settings. There's an option for "Firewall Settings" and what you will need to do is scroll to the bottom and add the PS3's IP address to the DMZ.

This is the only way that I have made it work, and even sometimes I'll have to reset the router so that the PS3 (and even the rest of my wireless network) can detect the router.

dechang

the IP address for DMZ is 192.168.2.2 then on the PS3 re-scan everything and go through easy!! it works ive got the same router to but i now have a hard wired connection.