ps3 and Massive Multiplayer ONLINE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 uso_outkast
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts

I just wanted to know...how many people...that own a ps3...have played an MMO??

if so which one?

IN the future i predict that everygame will have its own solo campaign and its online mode will be in the form of MMO...(hopefully without the paid subscribe that usually comes with those)...

there are people that have not experienced the MMO experience.

why arent games taking advantage of the ONLINE feature? if mag can run 256 players....why cant there be an 11 on 11 football game? (in theory)... full online baseball teams where everyone is a user.....soccer games....hockey games....

etc....

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts

Its never gonna happen... more players 99% of the time equals more problems and less fun... plus it takes half a dozen years to create a decent MMO.. and game development costs are high enough already.. Quality over Quantity will always win, the average gamer today wants a shorter game (and let it be known that most of us aren't the "average gamer") because they don't play 30+ hours a week.. and developers know this, so why sell them a 60 dollar game that'll take 3 months to finish than having them buy a 60 dollar game they'll finish in a week and go out and buy something else...

oh and we get it you like the forums, stop creating so many useless "this is what i think" topics... you could have asked this in any of the other half a dozen "multiplayer" threads you have going...

uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 uso_outkast

no worries im done forum for a Long time believe me. just voicing my opinion thats alll....seems theres so many sheep now days.

uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 uso_outkast

ive only got 52 posts as u can see...so i dun got this thing mastered vs your 1000+

uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 uso_outkast

i guess im just really suprised people dont enjoy gaming with a lot of there friends online as much as i thought they would. lot more lone wolves then i thought.

PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PoisoN_Facecam0

i guess im just really suprised people dont enjoy gaming with a lot of there friends online as much as i thought they would. lot more lone wolves then i thought.

uso_outkast
most the my friends prefer to play in real life instead of online... and of course there are gonna be alot of "lone wolves" gaming has usually been a solitary thing, and gaming online as entertainment is still a relatively new way to interact with people for the majority of the public... its only gonna get bigger..
uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 uso_outkast

[QUOTE="uso_outkast"]

PoisoN_Facecam0

most the my friends prefer to play in real life instead of online... and of course there are gonna be alot of "lone wolves" gaming has usually been a solitary thing, and gaming online as entertainment is still a relatively new way to interact with people for the majority of the public... its only gonna get bigger..

i can agree with you here on this one

uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 uso_outkast

but for some its hard to play with relatives in real life...because they live far away :(

PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PoisoN_Facecam0

but for some its hard to play with relatives in real life...because they live far away :(

uso_outkast
who said relatives? play with friends, siblings.. anyone you know...
uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 uso_outkast

well for me its relatives and friends but mainly cousins..were all split up in different cities and there are so many of us that we can rarely find games that we can all play...MAG was the last game we all enjoyed together...

uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 uso_outkast

and when we do find games its like they dont get it right....(bad company 2 NO VOICE CHAT WITH OTHER SQUADS!?)

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

Well most likely any MMO to ever make it's way on to the PS3 will come with a monthly fee.

I have played WoW before for a month and just got tired of the repetitive nature of it, but if an MMO came to the PS3 that was a RPG fantasy like WoW I would most likely play it cough*Elder Scrolls MMO :D*cough.