PS2 users waiting for PS3 price drop jumping ship to cheap Xbox 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dongalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Dongalos
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts

I think this is Microsofts plan really....

there's many PS2 users who don't have a 360 or PS3 yet and were waiting for the lower price PS3 that they'd eventually get but now own an Xbox Arcade because it's $199.99

I don't see these people moving to PS3 as they've already chosen their console for this gen

And Sony doesn't advertise AT ALL...at least not that i've seen on my TV or websites...:evil:

This means some developers in the long run will focus more on 360 if they have a larger user base and might actually hamper PS3's longevity

Avatar image for XPrivateRyan22X
XPrivateRyan22X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 XPrivateRyan22X
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

I think this is Microsofts plan really....

there's many PS2 users who don't have a 360 or PS3 yet and were waiting for the lower price PS3 that they'd eventually get but now own an Xbox Arcade because it's $199.99

I don't see these people moving to PS3 as they've already chosen their console for this gen

And Sony doesn't advertise AT ALL...at least not that i've seen on my TV or websites...:evil:

This means some developers in the long run will focus more on 360 if they have a larger user base and might actually hamper PS3's longevity

Dongalos

Yes the price is obviously a big factor, but the xbox arcade is pretty much the bare minimum of 360 consoles. Most people buy the 20gb version which is $250.00 and the PS3 is $400.00, but there is much more that comes with the PS3. Many people buy the PS3 as a standalone blu ray player. I think when it comes down to it consumers are going to go with the console that has the most features and best games, and in the future the PS3 is definitely going to be that console.

signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts

this is system wars, but yeah PS3 will come third this gen unfortunately.

Luckily for the owners of it, its actually the best console. Ironic