PS2 games on the psstore?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 craigofadown
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts

Will this ever really develop? I mean the ps1 classics are great but I honestly find much older 2d platformers more playable than some of them, do you expect the bulk of ps2 games on the store to be saved for sony's next console?

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I imagine it will happen eventually. Though we are getting into the latter stages of this generation, with no PS2 games in sight, so I think it'll be next gen.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#3 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts
it would only work for backwards capability ps3 systems.
craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 craigofadown

it would only work for backwards capability ps3 systems.ristactionjakso

Sorry but I believe you're wrong, that's down to disc reading and format issues, and I believe there is already a god of war hd revamp available, I think...

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#5 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]it would only work for backwards capability ps3 systems.craigofadown

Sorry but I believe you're wrong, that's down to disc reading and format issues, and I believe there is already a god of war hd revamp available, I think...

they remade the god of war series for the ps3 thats why it works for the ps3. if you try to play a ps2 game in a non ps2 capable ps3 it wont recognize the game content. i think only ps1 classics are for sale because every ps3 can recognize ps1 game content.
legionofdugi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 legionofdugi
Member since 2004 • 555 Posts
Downloadable: Gow 1 & 2, prince of persia trilogy, re4 and re: cv come out soon Disc based: sly collection, splinter cell trilogy, ICO & SoC coll, Tomb raider colection, and MGS HD coll soon there are plenty
craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 craigofadown

Downloadable: Gow 1 & 2, prince of persia trilogy, re4 and re: cv come out soon Disc based: sly collection, splinter cell trilogy, ICO & SoC coll, Tomb raider colection, and MGS HD coll soon there are plentylegionofdugi

I know, but there is no real library of ps2 games, i mean try and get an individual one...

legionofdugi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 legionofdugi
Member since 2004 • 555 Posts
OIC well im sure it may happen after they fill their psone classics collection, they will have to do them in HD remakes though since the format issues
Wildesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Wildesy
Member since 2008 • 130 Posts
Isn't there any other way PS2 games can be brought onto PS3 systems other than full remakes (and the already backwards compatible systems)? It just seems really strange to be that they can't find a way for PS2 games to be downloaded and played in the same way the PSOne classics are. What is it that prevents it from happening? It'd be damn popular if they could IMO. I'd buy a bunch of the old classic PS2 games if they were available.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I think only HD collection PS2 games will make it on the store. I don't think they'll throw the SD root versions on there.
AvengedSixfold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AvengedSixfold
Member since 2011 • 80 Posts

If they do this then they need to make a new PS3 with a hdd size of 500 GB or 1.5 TB because there is just not enough space to fit every PS1 and PS2 game on a 320 GB PS3.