PS2 Emulator download on PSN?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zoneblitz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zoneblitz3
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Is there a PS2 emulator download on PSN?

I got some advice regarding troubles I am having playing PS2 games on my 60GB PS3. That advice included download of a "PS2 emulator" via PSN. I can find no such thing in the PSNstore...

Thanks in advance....

coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

Is there a PS2 emulator download on PSN?

I got some advice regarding troubles I am having playing PS2 games on my 60GB PS3. That advice included download of a "PS2 emulator" via PSN. I can find no such thing in the PSNstore...

Thanks in advance....

zoneblitz3
you got lied to. and soemthings wrong with your PS3 if your having problems cause those are the ones with EE chips in them.
DELTAsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DELTAsnake
Member since 2003 • 802 Posts

If your 60gb is a US or JP modle then you may have some tech problem as it should play all PS2 games. If your 60gb is the EU/AU modle then some games will not run because the PS2 CPU isn't in that modle, but the PS2 GPU is. If you have the EU/AU modle download the latest dashboard update and then some games that arnt working may run because there has been some changes made to the emulation in sevral dashboard updates.

EDIT: I mean Firmware update, not dashboard. update.

l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
Thats actually a good idea for those with the 40GB modle... unfortunately no such thing exists. Maybe your thinking of the ps2 system data which you can download off of the PSN.
---SLUG---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ---SLUG---
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts

What you are referring to is the "PS2 system data" download on the PSN, but all that does is allow you to play hard-drive dependant ps2 games on your ps3 (namely, final fantasy XI)