PS1/PS2 quality bugs fixed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

marioman50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 marioman50
Member since 2004 • 2267 Posts

I've been meaning to ask a PS3 owner...

I know that at least, at one time the quality of ps2 games looked worse when playing on ps3 system than on the ps2 system itself.

do these problems still remain, or were they fixed through a software update?

Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts

I don't know of any quality issues but for me, my PS2 games look better on my PS3 but only marginally. PSone games look a lot better. I think it really comes down to the type of display you use and the cables in which you connect though.

I play on a 40" 1080p Samsung. My PS2, connected with component cables looks like a pixelated mess. Connected with S-Video cables, it looks, OK. PS3 in this case, makes my PS2 games look smoother and at a slightly higher resolution.

Using the S-Video cables, PSone games look ok on the PS2 but also shows many flaws.(as do the component cables) Using FF VII as an example, PS3 smooths out the image the way it would normally look on an SDTV, while slightly (appearing to be) up the resolution a little.

I hope that helps. :)

marioman50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 marioman50
Member since 2004 • 2267 Posts

maybe it has been fixed, because after watching this video a while ago, I was like "WAHHH?!":

there is an ad before video starts:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/7990

Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts

That is an old video, so perhaps it was fixed. Or, maybe the guy who made the video had the smoothing feature turned off. *shrugs*

I can say, I actually have both PS2 and PS3 connected right now and I can clearly see PS2 games look better on my PS3. Again though, I think it all depends on your display and cables.