PS1 games on the Vita are great!! (Full screen mode)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Totalgym9000 (1456 posts) -

Sony have done a great Job with PS1 games on the Vita, it destroys ps1 games on the PSP, The Vita has a screen mode where you can select Original, Normal, Zoom and Full screen, the great thing about full screen mode there is Zero loss in quality so there must be a good upscaler at work, also with some good control options as well.

They took there time with getting PS1 games on the Vita but they have done a top job, playing PS1 games on the Vita is a real treat fullscreen mode with the Vita's beautiful screen.

#2 Posted by WeskerTeam (1783 posts) -

Soo... when will I actuallly be able to download my psone classics at the PS Vita store?

#3 Posted by LongZhiZi (2453 posts) -

Soo... when will I actuallly be able to download my psone classics at the PS Vita store?

WeskerTeam
When the store updates. Everyone who's got PSOne games on their Vitas now are transferring from the PS3.
#4 Posted by Shadow-Elite (18289 posts) -
How do you take PS1 games already downloaded on the PS3 and put them on the Vita? I went to content manager > PS3 to Vita > Apps > PS1 > It says no content is on the PS3.
#5 Posted by PSP107 (16928 posts) -
[QUOTE="Totalgym9000"]

Sony have done a great Job with PS1 games on the Vita, it destroys ps1 games on the PSP, The Vita has a screen mode where you can select Original, Normal, Zoom and Full screen, the great thing about full screen mode there is Zero loss in quality so there must be a good upscaler at work, also with some good control options as well.

They took there time with getting PS1 games on the Vita but they have done a top job, playing PS1 games on the Vita is a real treat fullscreen mode with the Vita's beautiful screen.

The PSP has Original, Normal, Zoom and Full Screen mode too.
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
#8 Posted by -ArchAngeL-777- (3840 posts) -
How do you take PS1 games already downloaded on the PS3 and put them on the Vita? I went to content manager > PS3 to Vita > Apps > PS1 > It says no content is on the PS3.Shadow-Elite
Not all the games work. You probably picked games that aren't compatible yet. The same happened when I tried to download Centepede.
#9 Posted by Shadow-Elite (18289 posts) -
Seriously? Really? You got to be kidding... FYI for everyone Parasite Eve 1 and 2 don't work...
#10 Posted by Nanu- (873 posts) -

By the way. Does anyone know if we would be able to do a 2 player game in PS1 games at VITA? for example, at crash kart. Would i be able to play with my friend a vs in crash kart with our VITA's?

#11 Posted by E9G (25 posts) -

To copy your psone classic you must have the "game installer" (that bouble like thing that apears when you first download the game) in your ps3. if you dont have it, the game wont copy.

#12 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8655 posts) -
When are they updating the store on vita to have ps1 games?
#13 Posted by Tropicalshower (10813 posts) -

To copy your psone classic you must have the "game installer" (that bouble like thing that apears when you first download the game) in your ps3. if you dont have it, the game wont copy.

E9G
So I have to download it again?
#14 Posted by E9G (25 posts) -

Thats what i did, downloaded them again, and worked. i have FInal Fantasy VII; VIII IX, resident evil 1, 2, 3, Front mission 3 on my vita.

#15 Posted by Hekynn (2164 posts) -
[QUOTE="WeskerTeam"]

LongZhiZi
When the store updates. Everyone who's got PSOne games on their Vitas now are transferring from the PS3.

That's what I'm doing now taking a while but totally worth it!
#16 Posted by mikeyMKII (754 posts) -

I used remote play a while back and Mega Man looked like a Youtube video. Can't wait to transfer it instead.

#17 Posted by BMAC520 (310 posts) -

how do you access the screen options?

#18 Posted by Tropicalshower (10813 posts) -

how do you access the screen options?

BMAC520
long press on the touch screen.
#19 Posted by katana_duo (1751 posts) -
You know it'd be nice if they would put them on the the damn Vita PSN already. It's been all day and still nothing.
#20 Posted by SaudiFury (8709 posts) -

the list of games that were able to get on the PS Vita right now is very small. But i have been able to transfer the following games onto it:

1. Metal Gear Solid
  2. Chrono Trigger
  3. Vagrant Story
  4. Xenogears
  5. Final Fantasy 6
  6. Final Fantasy 7 (which was announced)
  7. Final Fantasy 8
  8. Final Fantasy 9

Though i was not able to put Final Fantasy 5 on it though.

just figured i'd pass this info on.

#21 Posted by Megavideogamer (6367 posts) -

I should hope so since the PSvita has 2 analog sticks and a awesome screen.

#22 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
ye i agree... playing ps1 games with full screen mode (not zoom) is freaken amazing..and i cant see any damage to image quality.
#23 Posted by i-rock-socks (3826 posts) -

i had over 35 ps1 games on the psp and it looked great (not "destroyed")

the vita does do a perfect job too tho. (if you can get used to the r2 and l2 buttons)

Avatar image for Mike_theMartian
#25 Posted by Mike_theMartian (25 posts) -

[QUOTE="Totalgym9000"]

PSP107

The PSP has Original, Normal, Zoom and Full Screen mode too.

I was about to say the same thing :lol:

#26 Posted by Wasdie (53499 posts) -

How do you select the screen mode? I cannot find it at all.

#27 Posted by pc-ps360 (3462 posts) -

i having for the ps1 classic games support. :)

just hope they decide to release the megaman x games on the system.

#28 Posted by pc-ps360 (3462 posts) -

#29 Posted by pc-ps360 (3462 posts) -

#30 Posted by Blake135 (3994 posts) -

How do you select the screen mode? I cannot find it at all.

Wasdie

Lol you touch the screen for like 2-3 seconds, then go in *other settings*

#31 Posted by Shadow-Elite (18289 posts) -
Seriously? Really? You got to be kidding... FYI for everyone Parasite Eve 1 and 2 don't work...Shadow-Elite
Actually Parasite Eve 2 does work. Just had to re-download the game and not install it on the PS3
#32 Posted by Shadow-Elite (18289 posts) -
Seriously? Really? You got to be kidding... FYI for everyone Parasite Eve 1 and 2 don't work...Shadow-Elite
Actually Parasite Eve 2 does work. Just had to re-download the game and not install it on the PS3
#33 Posted by Shadow-Elite (18289 posts) -