PS VITA - yes or no?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts
are you getting one? have you got one, what do u think of it? is it worth $350 (australia)
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
well luckily for me i have $400 of jb vouchers LOL but i am extremely happy with the machine... i can totally see myself playing more of this than my ps3 in the future.
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#3 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

Got mine launch day, it was worth it it's an awesome system. (Australia too)

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kipsta77
dude i love ur sig about the 360 ehehehe. anyways...i think ill wait a few weeks or so when some more titles come out...i hope Rockstar games are making something for it.... the vita definitly has a bright future. its only getting better....
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#5 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
[QUOTE="kipsta77"]dude i love ur sig about the 360 ehehehe.

seconded. I'll be waiting it out. I'm really interested in it, but I also own a PSP and that reminds me all too well that Sony doesn't always come through. Well, in reality they've come through multiple times, just not this once. But that one time was with their one handheld, so it bears to be a little cautious, no? For clarity, I'm not so much disappointed in the PSP (I enjoy my library) as I was told at launch that it would become a much better platform than the great rpg port machine it is now. Luckily, I'm all about RPGs. The thing I'm truly most interested in the Vita? Bakc touchscreen. I'm lefthanded and that could really do wonders for the ancient old right sided face button mechanic limiting my abilities. I do say 'could' though.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="kipsta77"]dude i love ur sig about the 360 ehehehe. anyways...i think ill wait a few weeks or so when some more titles come out...i hope Rockstar games are making something for it.... the vita definitly has a bright future. its only getting better....

i totally skipped the psp so i went and picked up gta vice city stories (psp title) and it plays and looks really good. You should check it out if you havnt...but yee i would like a totally new title made FOR the vita from rockstar :)
Avatar image for Michaelpaul1974
Michaelpaul1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Michaelpaul1974
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Yes, I am getting one as well.
joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
I sure am
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
I spent less at vita launch than I did at psp launch so ya very happy.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I will pick one up when I can get both a Vita and a 32Gb memory card for $270 or less. until then, I will ignore the Vita. if they start using online pass like they do on the PS3, I may just skip the Vita all together and either get a 3DS or no handheld at all.
Ckr64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ckr64
Member since 2012 • 58 Posts

yes

Uchiha_Sasuke1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Uchiha_Sasuke1
Member since 2002 • 1636 Posts

yes to vita but no for the $350 price.

katana_duo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 katana_duo
Member since 2005 • 1751 Posts
I am really tempted to get one but I'm still deciding..
MyVita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MyVita
Yes, have one and enjoying it.
soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 soulreaper-4
Member since 2007 • 2247 Posts

yes to vita but no for the $350 price.

Uchiha_Sasuke1
What the...? You can get a PSVita for $249.99 (Wi-Fi model) and a 8gb memory card for $29.99. That's $279.99.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I had a $150 Gamestop gift card and picked it up last night. So far I'm statisfied. Took advantage of Target's "Buy 2 get 1 free" on all Vita titles. (Uncharted, Lumines, Fifa Soccer)
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#17 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

I will pick one up when I can get both a Vita and a 32Gb memory card for $270 or less. until then, I will ignore the Vita. if they start using online pass like they do on the PS3, I may just skip the Vita all together and either get a 3DS or no handheld at all.AmazonTreeBoa
They already have online passes.. and i dont get the complaints. Buy games new instead of screwing over the developers?

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Got one, love it
GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GamejunkieUK
Member since 2012 • 332 Posts

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]I will pick one up when I can get both a Vita and a 32Gb memory card for $270 or less. until then, I will ignore the Vita. if they start using online pass like they do on the PS3, I may just skip the Vita all together and either get a 3DS or no handheld at all.zarshack

They already have online passes.. and i dont get the complaints. Buy games new instead of screwing over the developers?

To be honest he says the same thing in every thread where there is a discussion of whether to get one or not or if it's worth it. He's beginning to sound like a broken record. As for on line passes I don't get why people have to whine and complain about them. It's like they think it's their god given right to play online. It doesn't matter they bought the game second hand for which the developer/publisher doesn't see a dime. Not to mention running online servers costs money. Someone who buys the game second hand isn't paying any money either towards the development of the game or the running of the online servers. It's totally fair for them to at least get a little back by charging a one time fee to play online.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AmazonTreeBoa

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]I will pick one up when I can get both a Vita and a 32Gb memory card for $270 or less. until then, I will ignore the Vita. if they start using online pass like they do on the PS3, I may just skip the Vita all together and either get a 3DS or no handheld at all.zarshack

It isn't screwing over the Dev and lol at gamers these days being brainwashed with this stupidity.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AmazonTreeBoa

[QUOTE="zarshack"]

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] [QUOTE="GamejunkieUK"][QUOTE="zarshack"]

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]I will pick one up when I can get both a Vita and a 32Gb memory card for $270 or less. until then, I will ignore the Vita. if they start using online pass like they do on the PS3, I may just skip the Vita all together and either get a 3DS or no handheld at all.GamejunkieUK

To be honest he says the same thing in every thread where there is a discussion of whether to get one or not or if it's worth it. He's beginning to sound like a broken record. As for on line passes I don't get why people have to whine and complain about them. It's like they think it's their god given right to play online. It doesn't matter they bought the game second hand for which the developer/publisher doesn't see a dime. Not to mention running online servers costs money. Someone who buys the game second hand isn't paying any money either towards the development of the game or the running of the online servers. It's totally fair for them to at least get a little back by charging a one time fee to play online.

These threads are a broken record, so naturally my response would be a broken record. get over it.

piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
Mine arrives next week, with a 32GB memory stick, Rayman and UMvC3, can't hardly wait. for me is a YES I loved my PSP, this is the PSP2 so yeah, I'll be spending lots and lots of time playing with the damn thing. Looking foward to get Gravity rush and Resistance Falling Skies
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#23 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Got mine on the 15th. No regrets.
Avatar image for Deadman_est1982
Deadman_est1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Deadman_est1982
Member since 2004 • 1188 Posts

Day 1 purchase. Love it. I'm slowly migrating away from consoles.

GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 GoreObsessed
Member since 2004 • 8883 Posts
I got my VIta for only $48 (Had $200 in Best Buy RZ certs) and I feel like I robbed them lol. I would of easily paid the $250 asking price if I had to. I'm loving it so far. I do feel that if it doesent sell too well that they might do a price drop in the near future though (Like the 3ds). So its pretty much up to you if you have the money to blow on it. If you do then its an easy YES.
kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kipsta77
i got the psp 1000 on launch and its still kickin'. That thing was great and still is... ill definitly end up with a vita one way or another, but ill import a memory card cos theres no way im paying that much just for a memory card.
R7_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R7_3
Member since 2006 • 1565 Posts

I just got my Vita yesterday, and I absolutely love it! I was always a little bit disappointed with the PSP, but I'm really loving the Vita so far. :D

survivor9712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 survivor9712
Member since 2010 • 366 Posts
the launch titles are mediocre. So no I won't be getting one. Not now at least.
darkwolf1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#29 darkwolf1982
Member since 2005 • 189 Posts
I've had my 3G WiFi model for about few days now and NO regrets thus far! Worth it? If you want a budget handheld... Nintendo. If you want HiDef and processing power... $350 - $450 is an investment (if you're serious about it)
survivor9712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 survivor9712
Member since 2010 • 366 Posts
[QUOTE="darkwolf1982"]I've had my 3G WiFi model for about few days now and NO regrets thus far! Worth it? If you want a budget handheld... Nintendo. If you want HiDef and processing power... $350 - $450 is an investment (if you're serious about it)

you must have gotten the Ninja Gaiden game.
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#31 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

I am going to buy it after a few system updates. I learned that it's frustrating to buy a system before all its promised features are available.

Evrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Evrir
No. I don't intend on getting it until the price drops, it honestly doesn't seem worth its current PT do to lacking Backwards compatibility or a means of getting the games I already own on my PSP on the Vita. I mean I wouldn't mind paying 13 or so bucks to get the games I actually like/own to have them transferred over but America didn't get that :/ and I've also learned not all the PsP titles will be available on the PSN. Seeing my PsP is shot I might as well get a new 3000 until the Vita drops in price, when that happens I'll think about getting me a Vita :3