PS Vita Remote Play

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#1 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

wait a minute....

If i can use my Vita as a controller. and according to Blunty3000's review of the device.

Am i to believe that I can play ANY PS3 game i have in my machine and play via Remote Play.

Seriously, did i just hear right?

Couldn't that mean i could then play say... Skyrim or Battlefield 3 via remote play?

macmanyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 macmanyoung
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I'm wondering the same too. I've heard it's not confirmed what PS3 connectivity it will have... I hear rumours that YES it can... and then i hear rumours ONLY PS3 games with PSV connectivity can work (ie, future games)... but does that mean current PS3 games only need an update once the Vita is out? I got Mortal Kombat for my PS3 and all i can think of is how great it could be to load the disc in my PS3, and then be able to play via the Vita if I cannot play on the console itself. Even the likes of Fifa... instead of buying 2 games (for PS3 and Vita)... does this mean I could buy the PS3 version then play that on the Vita too. Hope someone can clarify!
BlackendV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BlackendV
Member since 2007 • 1929 Posts
I thought it was confirmed to remote play all PS3 games. That why I want one. I'll have more time to play all my RPGs and not have to worry about sharing the TV. I'll be able to play my violent games while the young children are around and they wont have to be exposed to them. This is a big selling point as far as I'm concerned.
macmanyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 macmanyoung
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="BlackendV"]I thought it was confirmed to remote play all PS3 games. That why I want one. I'll have more time to play all my RPGs and not have to worry about sharing the TV. I'll be able to play my violent games while the young children are around and they wont have to be exposed to them. This is a big selling point as far as I'm concerned.

Good point - and I am in the same boat... I can play games while my lad is watching TV, or play 18 games without the kids realising! It's one of the selling points to me also as to whether I purchase a Vita.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
ALL games will be playable at PSP resolution and upscaled, however to get true Vita resolution it must be a feature of the game in question, so there you have it, pretty much confirms that only certain third party games and exclusives will have the better of the two.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SaudiFury
ALL games will be playable at PSP resolution and upscaled, however to get true Vita resolution it must be a feature of the game in question, so there you have it, pretty much confirms that only certain third party games and exclusives will have the better of the two.JohnF111
that is amazing.... I know it's not a main reason to buy the Vita, but that is one sweet @ss deal man :) I'm totally fine with simply PSP resolution and upscaled.
terafumos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 terafumos
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts
This feature makes me wish I owned a PS3.
gwarlito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 gwarlito
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts

I think this feature would be HUGE for the VITA's success if it can be implemented with all past, if not all future PS3 releases. I have a few issues/questions I'd like to see answered:

1. If you can play past PS3 games, how would the 2nd shoulder buttons (L2/R2) and clicking in the L3/R3 anolog sticks work? Hopefully those issues could be worked in by using the back touch panel??

2. I'm not a huge trophy whore, but I do like hearing that specific trophy ding sound when I 'achieve' something. Would you have to download the entire PS3 game to your Vita to play it? I'm guessing PS3 trophies wouldn't work with remote play, or would they? Not sure if anyone heard anything about this or not.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SaudiFury

I think this feature would be HUGE for the VITA's success if it can be implemented with all past, if not all future PS3 releases. I have a few issues/questions I'd like to see answered:

1. If you can play past PS3 games, how would the 2nd shoulder buttons (L2/R2) and clicking in the L3/R3 anolog sticks work? Hopefully those issues could be worked in by using the back touch panel??

2. I'm not a huge trophy whore, but I do like hearing that specific trophy ding sound when I 'achieve' something. Would you have to download the entire PS3 game to your Vita to play it? I'm guessing PS3 trophies wouldn't work with remote play, or would they? Not sure if anyone heard anything about this or not.

gwarlito
I'm not sure about L3 and R3, but what i've read L2 and R2 are basically the back panel. you press into them. and seeing how the analogs don't click in, i imagine that L3 and R3 will be pressing into the touch screen on the front. as for 2. I'm assuming it would still work, you are after all playing it remotely. Where your PS3 is it actually did just play that on your account. trophies should pop. Also didn't notice but i found this on Destructoid. you remember how it was a pain in the @ss to play a FPS or 3rd shooter on the PSP because you had the nub and you had to rely on the face buttons as the other nub. you can remap PSP games so that the second analog is used instead of the face buttons.
chimera1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 chimera1984
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts
L3 and R3 are non resident on the ps vita as of yet, the sticks do not press down to act as a button, however, the L2 and R2 during remote play only factors if the game is compatible, the Killzone 3 remote play that was demo'd didnt work with the back panel or the front panel. Also remote play to the vita is being pushed heavily as a mandatory feature in all ps3 software from now on, though it appears devs are not too keen on the idea so its being worked on, however all 1st party software will be capable from now on, so killzone, resistance, uncharted etc..... PS3 trophies ding as certain things happen in game, regardless of remote play or not, as long as your signed in to your psn account and the action happens, the trophy will be unlocked and will auto sync with the playstation network as well. So yes ps3 trophies can be unlocked during remote play simply because the ps3 is still running the software its only streaming the image.
Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts
It'll work just not on the Japanese versions of the Vita and maybe its not fully updated to support the US titles and PS3s. But hell I will be getting a 3G Vita for the remote play since my living room tv is being used all the time and I want to play UC3 etc. lol =D
chimera1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chimera1984
It'll work just not on the Japanese versions of the Vita and maybe its not fully updated to support the US titles and PS3s. But hell I will be getting a 3G Vita for the remote play since my living room tv is being used all the time and I want to play UC3 etc. lol =DHekynn
Remote play is useable exactly the same on the wifi model.....
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SaudiFury
[QUOTE="chimera1984"]L3 and R3 are non resident on the ps vita as of yet, the sticks do not press down to act as a button, however, the L2 and R2 during remote play only factors if the game is compatible, the Killzone 3 remote play that was demo'd didnt work with the back panel or the front panel. Also remote play to the vita is being pushed heavily as a mandatory feature in all ps3 software from now on, though it appears devs are not too keen on the idea so its being worked on, however all 1st party software will be capable from now on, so killzone, resistance, uncharted etc..... PS3 trophies ding as certain things happen in game, regardless of remote play or not, as long as your signed in to your psn account and the action happens, the trophy will be unlocked and will auto sync with the playstation network as well. So yes ps3 trophies can be unlocked during remote play simply because the ps3 is still running the software its only streaming the image.

but don't Killzone 2 and 3, and Resistance games use the R3 and L3 buttons? They're has to be something that can account for it's replacement on the Vita, if they're saying you can remote play games on it.
chimera1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chimera1984
[QUOTE="SaudiFury"][QUOTE="chimera1984"]L3 and R3 are non resident on the ps vita as of yet, the sticks do not press down to act as a button, however, the L2 and R2 during remote play only factors if the game is compatible, the Killzone 3 remote play that was demo'd didnt work with the back panel or the front panel. Also remote play to the vita is being pushed heavily as a mandatory feature in all ps3 software from now on, though it appears devs are not too keen on the idea so its being worked on, however all 1st party software will be capable from now on, so killzone, resistance, uncharted etc..... PS3 trophies ding as certain things happen in game, regardless of remote play or not, as long as your signed in to your psn account and the action happens, the trophy will be unlocked and will auto sync with the playstation network as well. So yes ps3 trophies can be unlocked during remote play simply because the ps3 is still running the software its only streaming the image.

but don't Killzone 2 and 3, and Resistance games use the R3 and L3 buttons? They're has to be something that can account for it's replacement on the Vita, if they're saying you can remote play games on it.

Yes your correct, L2 and R2 are resident in killzone 3, my bad on that, but killzone 3 is the only remote play game that actually recognises the back panel for the ps3 L2 and R2. As for what there doing with L3 and R3 i believe it was going to be the front panel, but as of yet ive not seen any video, and my mate who has a vita says the front panel is only used to bring up the xmb, tapping it is like tapping the ps button on a controller.
madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

Sony says not ALL games will support remote play. The reason being is this feature is built on the game side and not hardware side. Therefore in order to support the older games the devs would have to patch their old games. We all know that's not going to happen. Going forward after the Vita is released devs can build the feature into their new games.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/121/1213821p1.html

GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GamejunkieUK
Member since 2012 • 332 Posts
It'll work just not on the Japanese versions of the Vita and maybe its not fully updated to support the US titles and PS3s. But hell I will be getting a 3G Vita for the remote play since my living room tv is being used all the time and I want to play UC3 etc. lol =DHekynn
3G is going to be pointless for that as the Vita and PS3 can only communicate using Wi-Fi.
chimera1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 chimera1984
[QUOTE="Hekynn"]It'll work just not on the Japanese versions of the Vita and maybe its not fully updated to support the US titles and PS3s. But hell I will be getting a 3G Vita for the remote play since my living room tv is being used all the time and I want to play UC3 etc. lol =DGamejunkieUK
3G is going to be pointless for that as the Vita and PS3 can only communicate using Wi-Fi.

Not true, the ps vita can communicate with your ps3 via remote play over the playstation network at any time with a 3g vita. Gaming is restricted to wi-fi connections or wifi hotpsot connections (if not at home) as the bandwith wouldnt be support the stream
GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GamejunkieUK
Member since 2012 • 332 Posts
[QUOTE="GamejunkieUK"][QUOTE="Hekynn"]It'll work just not on the Japanese versions of the Vita and maybe its not fully updated to support the US titles and PS3s. But hell I will be getting a 3G Vita for the remote play since my living room tv is being used all the time and I want to play UC3 etc. lol =Dchimera1984

Not true, the ps vita can communicate with your ps3 via remote play over the playstation network at any time with a 3g vita. Gaming is restricted to wi-fi connections or wifi hotpsot connections (if not at home) as the bandwith wouldnt be support the stream

Do you have a link or any evidence to support this ? I've not read or heard anything to support that. As far as I'm aware whether it's on a local network or over the Internet they use Wi-Fi to communicate with each other. Technically I don't see how that is possible as the PS3 doesn't support 3G. With the PSP it was using Wi-Fi and I'm sure it's the same with the Vita. If you're at a hot spot it would be using the Wi-Fi and if you're at home it would be the same using the Wi-Fi with the router.