PS Store DL's are SO slooowwwwww...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

Sony really needs to do something about this. I've got a blazing-fast connection but everything I DL from the PS Store moves at a snails pace, (almost 56k). Sony really needs to figure this out because it gets old in a hurry.

And before you all run in here & tell me how you DL demos & other data in 10 seconds flat, please save it becuase I know several people who have PS3's & their DL's are ridiculously slow as well. I get more action watching 2 snails ****!

LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts

Sony really needs to do something about this. I've got a blazing-fast connection but everything I DL from the PS Store moves at a snails pace, (almost 56k). Sony really needs to figure this out because it gets old in a hurry.

And before you all run in here & tell me how you DL demos & other data in 10 seconds flat, please save it becuase I know several people who have PS3's & their DL's are ridiculously slow as well. I get more action watching 2 snails ****!

ColoradoKindBud

1. Turn off other devices on your network.

2. Ensure all the proper ports are open on your router for PSN.

3. Shut off Media Servers

4. Turn off the XMB news display thing.

I dunno what else to do, mine goes 1mb/sec... so I haven't had to go through the trouble. Try plugging the PS3's ethernet directly to your modem and see if it speeds up. Otherwise it could just be your ISP for some reason/ or distance to the PSN's servers. I wish I could have a sure answer, but try some of those things.

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
I have a DSL 3 MB connection and I get 1MB per second. with 77% of signal strenght. Thus Im using WiFi.
mattyperkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 mattyperkins
Member since 2008 • 357 Posts

Yeah man, im in Australia, we have dismal internet over here.

And a 1.5 meg connection, and only 45% signal on my wireless which is what im connected through, and even im getting alright speeds on downloading. MUCH faster than 56k, maybe its time you upgraded your firmware on your routter man? and maybe set up port forwarding, and put some mac address filtering on that too

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

I have a DSL 3 MB connection and I get 1MB per second. with 77% of signal strenght. Thus Im using WiFi.kenshinhimura16

I know its kinda stupid quoting oneself but Im also using a "G" type router to get faster transfer rates.

ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ColoradoKindBud

I have Cable Modem with speed booster, using a Linksys Wireless G 2.4GHz router with speed booster. My PS3 recognizes signal strength as 100%, and the DL's still creep along. My other systems don't DL this slow & like I already stated, I know several other people who have PS3's who experience the exact same problem.

So although I appreciate the helpful hints, the fact is it has nothing to do with my setup, the PSN is just hosed when it comes to DL's. I know that no matter how fast my speeds are, it'll only be as fast as what I'm connecting to, so Sony needs to step it up on their end.

Not hating on the PS3, just griping about this issue.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 swamplord666
Member since 2007 • 1873 Posts
well mine were average speed... so maybe... it's you! look at the sig man... it was made for you :P
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ColoradoKindBud

well mine were average speed... so maybe... it's you! look at the sig man... it was made for you :Pswamplord666

Somebody give me some cheese with my whinnnneeeeeee!!! :cry:

RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 RahKayne
Member since 2003 • 3436 Posts

Probably because there are more and more people on the network and PSN is still new.

I got a 10mb connection so I'm fine. Also signal strength and the quality of your service.

mattyperkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mattyperkins

Yeah, it also has a LOT to do with the server you are connecting to, where abouts do you live?

You might be jumping through an incredibly busy server to reach the ps3's server, in which case theres really nothing you can do.

Could also just be that your PS3 server is being used by a large amount of people, limiting the bandwidth for every single user.

Coz your right, itt sounds like your system is up to standard, is there anyone else that you know, whos owns a ps3, wth a different ISP you could check out? i know of some ISP putting choke on ports both inbound and outbound. For instace every ISP monitors and chokes ports 110 and 25, being the main email ports that are used. So you could ring your ISP and ask if any of your ports are being filtered/choked/monitored?

mattyperkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mattyperkins

another thought, i also know they monitor a LOT of the torrent ports as well, So it ccould just be that your isp is monittoring and choking the ports that are used by PS3??

Avatar image for superchargedsvt
superchargedsvt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 superchargedsvt
Member since 2003 • 366 Posts
well i have the same problem i have 100% signal strength on a netgear and still takes me 6 hours to dl a demo...and 4 other ppl i know same thing
i_DUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 i_DUB
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts
Wait tillThursdayshould be good by then