ps plus and psn games question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kounterfeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kounterfeit
Member since 2005 • 84 Posts

i just became a plus member last month and i am downloading everything that comes out. so my question is, now that vita games are included having enough space on my overpriced memory card becomes an issue.do i have to completely download the game or can i just "purchase" the game and actually download it at a later time(a later time possibly meaning when it is no longer free). or do i need to take the bullet and get myself the biggest memory card out there.

my other question is. do you guys think that psn games like nfl blitz and nba jam will eventually become playable on the vita? thanks

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

They're not really free, but more like a rental you can play for free as long as you are a plus subscriber.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#3 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
You have to keep the games on your card. There's no redownloading them once they leave the Instant Game Collection. I'm not sure yet, but I had an idea that you might be able to back them up on your PC and copy them back. I haven't tested it, though.
artitech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 artitech
Member since 2011 • 34 Posts

You have to keep the games on your card. There's no redownloading them once they leave the Instant Game Collection. I'm not sure yet, but I had an idea that you might be able to back them up on your PC and copy them back. I haven't tested it, though.Granpire

Wrong

Q: If a game rotates out of the collection, can I still download it free with my Plus membership?
A: If you did not download the game when it was in the collection, you will not be able to secure your free download. However, if you downloaded when it was in the collection, but it's no longer on your hard drive, you can visit the PlayStation Store and re-download it anytime, as long as you're a member.

Q: How many times can I download / re-download a game in the Instant Game Collection?
A: You can download a game as many times as you like, even if it's been deleted from your PS3 HDD, as long as you're a Plus member.

http://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2034

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

There's no redownloading them once they leave the Instant Game Collection.Granpire

Incorrect.

Once they've been added to your purchase history they can be re/downloaded at any time, that is if your Plus subscription is up to date. I've Plus titles in my purchase history from when I first joined a year and a half ago that can be and have been downloaded since.

Also, when (if) you renew your membership, all previously "purchased" Plus titles are regrouped together making for much easier access.

Y no search function, Sony?!

kounterfeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kounterfeit

so once the game has that little pink playstation type symbol beside it its mine as long as im still a plus member and i dont have to completely download it?

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 volume_three

Correct :)

kounterfeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kounterfeit

thanks for the answers on the first part of my question. does anybody know about psn games like nfl blitz and nba jam ever becoming playable on the vita thanks

lyndonAPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lyndonAPI
Member since 2002 • 2794 Posts

thanks for the answers on the first part of my question. does anybody know about psn games like nfl blitz and nba jam ever becoming playable on the vita thanks

kounterfeit

Most likely will not happen as a cross play title but it is possible that sequels (if any) will have a separate version made for the Vita. It's up to the game devs for that.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#11 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Ah, sorry for the false information, I stand corrected. I'm new to Plus, and that was my impression. It's good news, though. I'm happy about that. It makes keeping up your subscription all the more valuable.
bqefhpasdgpihw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bqefhpasdgpihw
Member since 2006 • 205 Posts

If I bought a discounted game from PS+ and then downloaded it, I would only be able to play it while I'm a PS+ subscriber? i.e. the downloaded game would deactive somehow after the subscription period lapsed?

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 volume_three

Ah, sorry for the false information, I stand corrected. I'm new to Plus, and that was my impression. It's good news, though. I'm happy about that. It makes keeping up your subscription all the more valuable.Granpire

I've had a few mates who were unaware of this too. Due to low storage space they opted obviously not to download specific titles. Once I informed them of that little workaround they were disgruntled to say the least. I'm actually surprised Sony doesn't make it better known that doing so is possible or even more consumer-friendly IMO would be if they automatically added each month's additions to your purchase history.

If I bought a discounted game from PS+ and then downloaded it, I would only be able to play it while I'm a PS+ subscriber? i.e. the downloaded game would deactive somehow after the subscription period lapsed?

bqefhpasdgpihw

Anything purchased at a discounted price will remain accessible once your subscription expires.

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 volume_three

Ah, sorry for the false information, I stand corrected. I'm new to Plus, and that was my impression. It's good news, though. I'm happy about that. It makes keeping up your subscription all the more valuable.Granpire

I've had a few mates who were unaware of this too. Due to low storage space they opted obviously not to download specific titles. Once I informed them of that little workaround they were disgruntled to say the least. I'm actually surprised Sony doesn't make it better known that doing so is possible or even more consumer-friendly IMO would be if they automatically added each month's additions to your purchase history.

bqefhpasdgpihw

Anything purchased at a discounted price will remain accessible once your subscription expires.

bqefhpasdgpihw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bqefhpasdgpihw
Member since 2006 • 205 Posts
Thanks, then what games would be non-accessible after my subscription expires? Free games only?