The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

PlayStation Now‘s pricing model has ruffled feathers between fans and even between Linkmany of those that were enthusiastic about the service before. In the meanwhile Sony seems to be looking into more options, as shown by a survey seeking for the testers’ opinion on possible “Deluxe versions” of games.

Apparently the Deluxe option would prompt users to pay 15% more in order to get access to all the DLC coming with a game, while we also get a question on possible further rental periods.

Of course this doesn’t mean that Sony Computer Entertainment is going to implement the option for sure, as this kind of surveys are designed to gauge preliminary interest in the option, but it’s very likely that there will be some kind of support for DLC, whether in this form or another.

Would you pay 15% on top of the original price for this kind of PlayStation Now version of a season pass?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#2 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Nope and I'm sure other gamers will send Sony a. strong message!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@MarcRecon: if it has a sub version, then i will use it

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Are they mental? This service is already way too overpriced as it is,

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

This thing won't work unless it's a subscription service. Have a set price for non-PS+ members and perhaps a discounted price for members. I can understand if they don't want to make it a part of the PS+ service, but at least give us a discount.

The rental prices as they stand now are ludicrous. It'll fail if they keep it like it is now.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

I have no interest in this service. Sony should have made the system backwards compatible or at least just set up a library for old ps games and you can rent them or buy at discount rate instead of using streaming method. I would never get this service and I think I need vita and hope no lag will exist. I played my fill of old games and only want rebooted games with ps4 graphics and improvement to gameplay or new IP's.

I assume play now is with vita only which I dint have a vita nor ever had a PlayStation portable system.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

Sony is headed for a big failure with Now. Another great idea that they'll destroy with poor pricing implementation. The Vita would be off life-support by now if it wasn't for the outrageous pricing for the memory cards. There is a reason there are lines at Redboxes and that Gamefly is so popular; there is supreme value there for the consumer. If Sony's price structure for Now was competitive with those two options I'd use it regularly.

As it stands now why on Earth would anyone allow themselves to be overcharged for old PS3 games that will have some latancey when they could probably get more time and/or value from buying said game used or renting them from Gamefly?

Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts

The pricing scheme of PS Now shows quite clearly that recent success has caused a re-emergence of the old arrogant and aloof Sony of days gone by. Apparently, they need to be humbled yet again PS3 launch style and be brought back down to reality.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I'm a little fuzzy on the prices but wouldn't the 15% extra equal like 95 cents on the 7 day rental? All in all that's not a bad plan. I still don't like the 4 hour option. They need to either change the time to 24 hours or lower the price to 2.99 or cheaper.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@porkchopxp: ditto...better yet. Why would someone rent movies from Psn store for 4-5$ when they can rent from red box? I only use movie apps from Psn store on free trials because the movies are old and red box gives you most new releases at the box itself for $1.59 for a blueray per night and redbox is always giving you a free DVD with promotions.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@SteveTabernacle said:

The pricing scheme of PS Now shows quite clearly that recent success has caused a re-emergence of the old arrogant and aloof Sony of days gone by. Apparently, they need to be humbled yet again PS3 launch style and be brought back down to reality.

Definitely doesn't need be PS3 launch style... It's in (closed) beta now, and people are giving feedback. I'm in the beta and I've gave my feedback that the games are too expensive across the board. Hopefully most people in the beta are leaving feedback and Sony will press for change before Now is live.. Though I guess Now is gonna be live in some TVs pretty soon so there isn't much time.

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

I won't pay for these prices. Doesn't really hurt me though, if they do bring the prices down or maybe a monthly/yearly plan I would be more interested.

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

This crap should have been as part of PS+ from the start and if they have to increase the price for Plus like $10, then we can forgive them for that which is understandable and I rather have PS Now as part of Plus for 3 months/Year then just 4 hours play. I'm sorry but this is not going to cut it and I'm better off just stick to Plus with the freebies.

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

rental for 1 week for 2$, each additional week gives 15% discount ; unlimited access to 1+ year old game 2$ to 5$

higher than these is a no go for me

Felixv9795

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Felixv9795
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Why not have the PS3 download list on the PS4 Store so you can download the DLCs you already have for the game you want to rent on a special folder and when you get a rental it'll access that folder so you have those DLCs automatically in the game rental. You won't have to pay for the Deluxe Version if you just want to play with your DLC and you save a little money.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

There's a reason I bought another PS3 after I regretted selling my old one. Besides I don't have the bandwidth for PS Now.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@TheTenth10 said:

rental for 1 week for 2$, each additional week gives 15% discount ; unlimited access to 1+ year old game 2$ to 5$

higher than these is a no go for me

That's insane, you have no grasp how the real world prices things