This topic is locked from further discussion.

drake6669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 drake6669
Member since 2006 • 220 Posts

So. I used to be an Xbox 360 fanboy, and here was my plan. I wanted a 360 for Christmas, thinking that it would be way better than the ps3 ever could. I got my 360 for christmas, I enjoyed playing it for about 6 months and now I have to say, I hate it. See, when I got my 360 I knew that MGS4 was going to come out for it as an exclusive. I figured I could save up for a new PC, which I now have and then buy a ps3 afterwards. MGS4 came out too soon, I thought it was going to be delayed more.

Now I'm in quite a predicament. I have come to hate my Xbox. I'm sick of the annoying little kids on xbox live. I'm sick of Halo 3 fanboys in every game. I'm sick of gears. So what I have currently is, Xbox 360 System, Guitar Hero 3, Gears of War, Call of Duty 4, Oblivion, and Grand Theft Auto 4. That and 2 controllers, and a Guitar(for GH). I've been thinking about how much I love MGS and how its exclusive. I'm going to be looking into bringing all my Xbox stuff into an EB games for some sort of store credit type thing.

Now thats not exactly what I'm worried about. I'm worried about regretting the Ps3. I honestly don't think I am, but I've been wrong before. I've been looking into upcoming games. I am really looking forward to Little Big Planet. I'm also a huge fan Resident Evil games. I've told my parents about what I've been thinking and they seem fine with it as long as I don't majorly regret it afterwards. So basically what I'm saying is that, do you guys think I'll be making a good choice or will I terribly regret ever getting a PS3 and will end up hanging myself off the banisters?

Blaiyze1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Blaiyze1
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts
So. I used to be an Xbox 360 fanboy, and here was my plan. I wanted a 360 for Christmas, thinking that it would be way better than the ps3 ever could. I got my 360 for christmas, I enjoyed playing it for about 6 months and now I have to say, I hate it. See, when I got my 360 I knew that MGS4 was going to come out for it as an exclusive. I figured I could save up for a new PC, which I now have and then buy a ps3 afterwards. MGS4 came out too soon, I thought it was going to be delayed more.

Now I'm in quite a predicament. I have come to hate my Xbox. I'm sick of the annoying little kids on xbox live. I'm sick of Halo 3 fanboys in every game. I'm sick of gears. So what I have currently is, Xbox 360 System, Guitar Hero 3, Gears of War, Call of Duty 4, Oblivion, and Grand Theft Auto 4. That and 2 controllers, and a Guitar(for GH). I've been thinking about how much I love MGS and how its exclusive. I'm going to be looking into bringing all my Xbox stuff into an EB games for some sort of store credit type thing.

Now thats not exactly what I'm worried about. I'm worried about regretting the Ps3. I honestly don't think I am, but I've been wrong before. I've been looking into upcoming games. I am really looking forward to Little Big Planet. I'm also a huge fan Resident Evil games. I've told my parents about what I've been thinking and they seem fine with it as long as I don't majorly regret it afterwards. So basically what I'm saying is that, do you guys think I'll be making a good choice or will I terribly regret ever getting a PS3 and will end up hanging myself off the banisters?

drake6669

Well firstly may i point out how angry i am wit u for usin dat writin :P

Anyways think about it this way and this is what i say to all ppl who come into the ps3 forums and post like this: Did u write the same thing in the 360 forum? Otherwise subconciously u really want a ps3 and you've come here to find some more support to buy one and forget about your xbox.... i say buy it... your mind agrees with me.

Wirrexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Wirrexx
Member since 2003 • 1738 Posts

I got 326,02 USD for X360, Wireless Network and GTAIV, CoDIV, Fifa08.

you'll probebly get over 652 usd for that.

solaris1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 solaris1979
Member since 2003 • 1592 Posts

drake6669

reading green small font on a 1900x1200 isn't my idea of fun....

Most of games you owns on 360 is the ones people would recommand on PS3 as well... and you will almost encounter the same situation as on 360 once you switched. Both console are in a bit of recess right now after big launches and there aren't really any good title coming until a few months down the line. I'd suggest you wait longer, especially considering that you will hardly get enough store credit for a PS3 even if u bring everything you have to GameStop; maybe finding a friend that would buy it off you?

There are enough good games out on PS3, but if you are already tired of CoD4 and GeoW.... I doubt even MGS4 would keep your interest long enough.

LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 LuckyLy
Member since 2008 • 1987 Posts
Wrong board.
ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts
buy a ps3, you wont be disapointed. only younger people prefer 360 more. theres an absurd amount of little kids online. i barely hear anyone young online on ps3, mostly people around my age (im 20). its more mature i think
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#7 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
Green font, long, proper sentence structure, mentioning the 360 on the PS3 board-wait WHAT? It doesn't add up?!!! /I thought I knew everything about Gamespot! :cry:
mamkem6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mamkem6
Member since 2007 • 1457 Posts

Do what you want to do.

hilltops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hilltops
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

I don't see you regretting it..
quite the opposite once you
open the box to get into
your new ps3..you will
know you made the right choice :D

Do what you want to do.

mamkem6

I'm sick of you already :evil:

mamkem6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mamkem6
Member since 2007 • 1457 Posts

I don't see you regretting it..
quite the opposite once you
open the box to get into
your new ps3..you will
know you made the right choice :D

[QUOTE="mamkem6"]

Do what you want to do.

hilltops

I'm sick of you already :evil:

OK sorry

Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts
Green font, long, proper sentence structure, mentioning the 360 on the PS3 board-wait WHAT? It doesn't add up?!!! /I thought I knew everything about Gamespot! :cry:Symphonycometh

I know... What's going on?
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#12 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]Green font, long, proper sentence structure, mentioning the 360 on the PS3 board-wait WHAT? It doesn't add up?!!! /I thought I knew everything about Gamespot! :cry:Liquid-Prince

I don't know man. I just don't know anymore. :cry: Next thing you know, every fanboy gets banned...
thegraver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thegraver
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts

Ok I used to be SO stupied because because I hated all games but Xbox. But know I realise that there is no console better than the other. I will tell you how, for the Xbox360 you have Gears of War, Halo, Fable, Lost Oddessy....etc, all these games you can't play in PS3. On the other hand, MGS, Final Fantasy, White Knight Story, God Of War....etc are only on PS3. It works even for the Wii and its Mario. I know its hard to buy them all but you got to do what you have to do "as a Hardcore gamer" just try to work hard to get them. And believe me you won't regret buy any gaming console.

I LOVE ALL CONSOLES

GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts

No offense TC but it seems that you may have a short attention span with games or you had some bumping times with your console and now want out. It could also be that you really wanted a PS3 to begin when and only bought a 360 because others said it was the right thing to do. Well here is my advice, first research and find out what can be done with the PS3 (you would be surprised). Since I was in your shoes once. So I compared the 36O to the PS3 to my preferences. Will I use it to play PS1 & 2 games? yes. Will I invest in Blu-Ray? yes. Would I rather have free online? yes. Do I favor the PS3 exclusives more than 36O? yes. and etc. So ask yourself this. If I was to regret trading my 36O for a PS3 could I live with the decision even though I am satisfied with the console. If you answer is no, then back to the 36O forums with you have come from. You are not yet ready my child. lol! But seriously if you do get the PS3, please do not post in tiny green writing. that's M$ colors.

metocman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 metocman1
Member since 2007 • 551 Posts

buy a ps3, you wont be disapointed. only younger people prefer 360 more. theres an absurd amount of little kids online. i barely hear anyone young online on ps3, mostly people around my age (im 20). its more mature i thinkronniepage588

How can you say only young people prefer the 360 that makes no since, and the only reason you dont hear little kids on PSN is because nobody has a freaking mic. On topic I think you should look a little into the 360 exclusives that are coming out in the next month such as gears 2, too human and fable 2 if those dont interest you then get a PS3. Also if your gonna sell do it on e bay youll get more money.

Yannick_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Yannick_18
Member since 2003 • 136 Posts
I have always been with Sony since the beginning...Not because the other consoles are bad. It's just that Sony delivered everything I hope to have. I never got bored of playing to a Playstation console (I have all 3) I have a PC but I don't really like playing games on the PC....I prefer having the Playstation (1,2 or 3) controller even if it works on the PC. I just don't know!
Anyway I'm 22 and I like to play online to any games genre

If someday, you buy a Playstation 3....add me ! PSN ID : kage_shade
BushWacker69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BushWacker69
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts

PS3 forum > SW forum = this topic

tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
[QUOTE="Liquid-Prince"][QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]Green font, long, proper sentence structure, mentioning the 360 on the PS3 board-wait WHAT? It doesn't add up?!!! /I thought I knew everything about Gamespot! :cry:Symphonycometh

I don't know man. I just don't know anymore. :cry: Next thing you know, every fanboy gets banned...

if only we were that lucky.
xFullSurfacex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xFullSurfacex
Member since 2008 • 285 Posts
360 is worth giving up ive been through literally five of them, then on my 5th one I decided to sell it and purchase a SECOND PS3. yes I bought another one for my brother, and to be honest it is the best system you just have to understand the pros and cons about all the systems. To me PS3 has the least cons, I think it's close to perfect as soon as they put on ingame private chat. That's the only flaw that comes to my mind. Buy the PS3 you will never regret it. MGS4> Halo 3, Killzone 2>Gears of War 2, Gran Turismo 5>Forza 2, Way more quality all around, blu ray and free online. PS3 wins screew you all.
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
Whatever you do don't sell your xbox at EB. Don't support their bullsh!t because they will rob you of your money, then turn around sell your xbox for 3 times what they bought it off of you for. Sell it on ebay, sell it on craigslist, sell it in your local paper. Just don't support EB.
Alex_grist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 Alex_grist
Member since 2007 • 631 Posts

After having a hard time reading! :P

If you like the games then whats to regret?

charx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 charx2
Member since 2004 • 203 Posts
Wow, i can't rememer the last time i read a forum about ps3>360 and some 360 fanboy was'nt in here bashing tc or ps3. I MADE IT IN BEFORE FANBOY!
Avatar image for Co0kieMonsterxX
Co0kieMonsterxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Co0kieMonsterxX
Member since 2008 • 717 Posts
TC you will regret selling the 360 is it am awesome machine. The best thing to do is just save your money and buy both.
jakek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jakek
Member since 2003 • 1473 Posts
im not a big 360 fan, and i just bought a ps3 so heres my advice for what its worth. the ps3 is a really, really good system with good exclusives. and its got a blu ray player. it is worth the money. HOWEVER, thres some games for 360 that id want to play that are exclusive for it. not enough to make me buy a 360, but still ones that if i had a 360, id keep to just play those. if you can save up the money somehow, id say keep your 360 and buy a ps3. dont sell the 360 to a game store, they will screw you on the money, very badly.
Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts

drake6669
Go to SW loser. Glad I won't see you playing Too Human, Fable 2, or Gears 2.
Avatar image for bloodluststatue
bloodluststatue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bloodluststatue
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Well, about 3 months ago i traded my xbox 360 for a ps3 because i was sick of always keeping in mind that my 360 could blow up and have RRoD and always having to pay for extras because the xbox is a naked console (no internet, no wireless). And well i never regretted it. Au contraire, now i'm a sony fan boy, lol. Seriously, most of the titles arent exclusives anyways, you can still get Cod 4 which is the best game in my opinion, with ur ps3 you may also enjoy Blu-ray movies, which is awesome and you dont have to pay for internet (CoD4 games online loaded faster on my ps3 than on my 360 and psn is free :| ).

So it's all just my opinion, you do whatever you want with it, but i traded my 360 for ps3 and never ever ever regretted it. Ps3 is a more powerful system AND IT WONT FREAKIN BLOW UP lol. Keep in mind that the futur is Blu :p. Hope that helps.

Avatar image for Nocturnal_Speed
Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nocturnal_Speed
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Wow, that :::color::: scared the sheet out of me... please don't ever let us read in that again.

Anyways, the Ps3 is a work of art. Just like a few of my peeps said,
There's Free Online = new updates all the time, free gaming, and other sorts online.
Blu-Ray (sony) = Blu-ray Movies, plus Blu-ray disc Games (more protential down the line)
Solid Exclusives = MGS / Killzone / FF / GT / GoW / R2, plus tons more...

All my friends have :::i dont speak the word::: ;) and there trying to switch over also, because of just the overall better quality and how Ps3 is on the rise. If you do sell your system, whatever you do, don't sell it to EB (Gamestop).

Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts
you asked this question in a ps3 forum, what kind of answers are you expecting to get? ask this in a 360 forum and i bet the answers you get will be quite different.
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
you asked this question in a ps3 forum, what kind of answers are you expecting to get? ask this in a 360 forum and i bet the answers you get will be quite different._SOULtoSQUEEZE_
true. go to the n-gage forum and see what kind of answers you get.
thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 thegame1980
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts

drake6669

You REALLY think posting this in the PS3 forums would get you any other responses then "NO! PS3 is god's gift to mankind" "NO WAY! PS3 is the BEST"!

come on now. :roll:

thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thegame1980

Anyways, the Ps3 is a work of art.

Nocturnal_Speed

:lol:

:lol:

:o

:cry:

:|

You're kidding right?

franky_babylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 franky_babylon
Member since 2008 • 1117 Posts
OK lets get some things out the way first the only reason why you don't hear kids on PS3 is cause hardly anyone has a mic and the reason why there are tons of updates is because its behind on features:o. Now my advice to you is if you have the money don't sell 360 but add a PS3 to your collection they both have great games cross platform and exclusives. You are in a PS3 forum so most people will give a fan-boy opinion of why it is superior the same thing goes for a Xbox forum, system wars would be best place to ask this but most likely it will just become a bunch of fan-boys ranting. Only you know whats good for you, you have experience with the 360 if the exclusives or features no-longer interest you then sell it to help out towards PS3 but if you are iffy on selling it then try to rent a PS3 to experience its exclusives and features.
thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thegame1980
As an owner of both consoles TC I can tell you my experience is quit the opposite. I have owned a PS3 for 7 months now (since Xmas) and I RARELY play it. I have beaten most of the best exclusives it has to offer and they are nothing more then 6 to 8 hour one time expierence games with the exception of MGS4, but that honestly isn't enough. Once you complete that then what? Will you start lamenting your purchase again? Resident Evil will be on 360 and guess what? There won't be any preinstalling the disc. I find the PS3 as superior as it is supposed to be or sounds really is no better then Xbox 360 and since I prefer the blade system over the XMB, have more friends who game on LIVE then PSN, have tons more marketplace features then PSN I chose 360 over PS3. I hate preinstalling games, I hate the micromanagement of the XMB, I hate the little offerings PSN store has, I hate having to update it every other week with new firmware, and I hate how ot me all in all it feels like a dated console. With 360 when connected to LIVE you feel like you;re apart of a gaming community. You turn it on and you are connected at all times to millions of gamers and experiencing everything together, not the same with PS3. I feel like I'm 10 again playing in solitude. Alone and then I have to chat about it later with my friends instead of doing it together over an online community.
GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Online play is free, it's a reliable blu-ray player and comes with a built in network adaptor. That's sold separately on the 360. It's got a lot of the multiplatforms 360 has too like COD4, GH3, Oblivion, GTAIV and Devil May Cry4. And PS3 has the superior version of Oblivion from what I've seen, the load times are shorter and less frequent.

Overall there's no reason to hate the PS3, it's a reliable multimedia center. Exclusives you should check out: MGS4 (of course) Little Big Planet, Uncharted, Resistance, Motorstorm, Warhawk, Gran Turismo 5, Ratchet and Clank ToD, MLB the show, NBA08, Heavenly Sword, Folklore and Lair. That's just to name a few, see which console has exclusives you'd rather want.

Avatar image for Nocturnal_Speed
Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nocturnal_Speed
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

As an owner of both consoles TC I can tell you my experience is quit the opposite. I have owned a PS3 for 7 months now (since Xmas) and I RARELY play it. I have beaten most of the best exclusives it has to offer and they are nothing more then 6 to 8 hour one time expierence games with the exception of MGS4, but that honestly isn't enough. Once you complete that then what? Will you start lamenting your purchase again? Resident Evil will be on 360 and guess what? There won't be any preinstalling the disc. I find the PS3 as superior as it is supposed to be or sounds really is no better then Xbox 360 and since I prefer the blade system over the XMB, have more friends who game on LIVE then PSN, have tons more marketplace features then PSN I chose 360 over PS3. I hate preinstalling games, I hate the micromanagement of the XMB, I hate the little offerings PSN store has, I hate having to update it every other week with new firmware, and I hate how ot me all in all it feels like a dated console. With 360 when connected to LIVE you feel like you;re apart of a gaming community. You turn it on and you are connected at all times to millions of gamers and experiencing everything together, not the same with PS3. I feel like I'm 10 again playing in solitude. Alone and then I have to chat about it later with my friends instead of doing it together over an online community.thegame1980

Than what tha heck you doing in here? If thats your opinion then get rid of it and on with you. Why else do you think people come here to ask about the PS3?? Same goes the other way, when PS3 owners are switching too XBOX. :::this guy right here...::: Yeah im really going to say "dont do it dude, it's the worst thing that ever came out!", be serious...

People want to know what the good is about each system like other peeps said, compare the difference and see what you think. If a person asked about the PS3 im going to let him know about it and welcome him, not be an ass and say, "well what do you expect, it's the PS3 forum"... no sh*t i think he knows that.

Man whatever..

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts
If you arent interested in Fable 2 and Gears of War 2 then yeah you should exchange it
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

There is also the issue of memory space apparently as well. I have the 80 gig so everything has gone pretty smoothly. And with the new update things will get even better than I expected. I never minded not having in-game music, or trophies, or in-game XMB, but now I have it for free so thats pretty cool. What I like about PS3 exclusives is variety, I'm a gamer that likes things to be unique and a new experience. Uncharted fit the bill really good and next month I'll be getting Disgaea 3, in October I'll get LittleBigPlanet and not too long after that I'll get White Knight Chronicles. All the exclusives I just mentioned have a certain charm and is a unique experience compared to most games on the X360.

Oh yeah and Blu-ray movies where just a side-note...until I saw Pirates 3 :shock:.