This topic is locked from further discussion.

Josh645

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Josh645
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts

I have $40, should I get Prototype? It looks really cool, but also to chaotic. Like you never get a brake, just always being shot.

But Idk? I've never played. I really need a new game, but it can't be to new because I only have $40! HELP!

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
If you ain't got Infamous then get that its the better game overall in my opinion. If you already have it then well the story mode is pretty short and side missions are ok but had potential to be better and some of the mission design is abit meh and graphics are pretty poor other than the amount of people on screen and the chaos that is really the only major positive factor. Maybe Red Fraction Guerrila thats a good game and those are released in the general time frame. If you ain't got many games then yeah its okay.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Prototype was horrible.

Alex was a boring character, plot was uninteresting and the difficulty was all over the place.

Josh645

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Josh645
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts

Yeah I have inFAMOUS and it is pretty sweet. Im not sure about Prototype, because i've seen so many mixed feelings about it! I did consider Red Fraction Guerrila and Tekken 6, because I think its only 40 at gamestop.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

Prototype was horrible.

Alex was a boring character, plot was uninteresting and the difficulty was all over the place.

Scianix-Black
Erg, you stole the words right out of my mouth.
crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 crashndash
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
i think prototype is perfect if you like gore, it has a pretty good story where you consume people to find out more about whats going on. and if you get bored of the story you can just go on a killing spree to get trophies which is fun. i love to go around and try make a mess of everything lol. and dont worry your not always getting chased its only at certain parts like if your making all hell break lose while near a military base, you will find that there becomes more military bases the further you go into the game but at some parts you will only find 2 in the city. also the game has a new game + which will let you start again with all powers. i think you will really like it if you enjoyed infamous
Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Generalmojo
Member since 2008 • 3670 Posts

Id rather get Lair, honestly InFamous is the better game, buy that instead ;)

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#8 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I was disappointed with Prototype the controls were annoying half of the time when trying to jump buildings it take you somewhere you wouldn't want to go. The story just wasn't interesting it was quite dull even the city was. inFAMOUS was better the city seemed more lively and it had a strong story plot. Red Faction Guerrilla is a good game I enjoyed it all the way through it's worth buying smashing up buildings and beating the EDF with your hammer is a lot of fun.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

i think prototype is perfect if you like gore, it has a pretty good story where you consume people to find out more about whats going on. and if you get bored of the story you can just go on a killing spree to get trophies which is fun. i love to go around and try make a mess of everything lol. and dont worry your not always getting chased its only at certain parts like if your making all hell break lose while near a military base, you will find that there becomes more military bases the further you go into the game but at some parts you will only find 2 in the city. also the game has a new game + which will let you start again with all powers. i think you will really like it if you enjoyed infamouscrashndash
The whole "consuming of your foes to unlock new story fragments" was indeed a cool gimmick. Except the portions of story that were unlocked were so utterly addlepated.

J_MAVERIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 J_MAVERIX
Member since 2009 • 158 Posts

Get Tekken 6 it looks way better than Prototype.

newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts

i got prototype a cpl months ago when toys r us was havin a sale. i regret it. its like gta but withnout a car. run to this side of the city, now run to the other side. pretty tedious and boring... just like gta.

crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 crashndash
lol is it just me or does everyone play the story non stop? a game is ment to be enjoyed, explore a little find something new, get stronger and overpower everyone lol. i think i spent more time having fun than sticking to the story lol but back to the point try watching this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V129-5QK86o thats a example of what you can do for fun ad what there is to do when your not following the missions, the main reason i got it was for the gore and the killing and the powers lol. but like newhighscore said it will get boring as all games do with time.
KaY_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 KaY_86
Member since 2009 • 280 Posts
it;s cool get it u got missions and super powers and the story is cool..but it's not like the best game ever!!
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

lol is it just me or does everyone play the story non stop? a game is ment to be enjoyed, explore a little find something new, get stronger and overpower everyone lol. i think i spent more time having fun than sticking to the story lol but back to the point try watching this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V129-5QK86o thats a example of what you can do for fun ad what there is to do when your not following the missions, the main reason i got it was for the gore and the killing and the powers lol. but like newhighscore said it will get boring as all games do with time.crashndash

Yeah, but fun is different for people.

Fun to you is running around killing people with super powers. Fun for me is playing through a well told story with likeable characters.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
Most everyone hated the game, I thought it was good, other than its visuals of course. Even Assassin's Creed II looks way better... >_>
crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 crashndash

[QUOTE="crashndash"]lol is it just me or does everyone play the story non stop? a game is ment to be enjoyed, explore a little find something new, get stronger and overpower everyone lol. i think i spent more time having fun than sticking to the story lol but back to the point try watching this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V129-5QK86o thats a example of what you can do for fun ad what there is to do when your not following the missions, the main reason i got it was for the gore and the killing and the powers lol. but like newhighscore said it will get boring as all games do with time.Scianix-Black

Yeah, but fun is different for people.

Fun to you is running around killing people with super powers. Fun for me is playing through a well told story with likeable characters.

hahaha you know me so well XD but yea your right its different for everyone