Problem signing in to PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

techbrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 techbrain
Member since 2005 • 76 Posts

OK so in the Playstation Network, to play online we always used my brothers account... But a couple of days ago I made my own account cos my brother stopped playing, and for some reason it wont let me log in to my new account on my PS3

whenever I enter my details, and try to sign in it says the same thing "You cannot sign in with another users Sign in ID(email address) So... Anyone know how I can sign in?

Oh and how do u get tropies? >.>"

Thanks.

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts
Sure, create a user and sign up to PSN with a different E-mail address, or create a user and when signing up for a PSN account select "use current" and enter his E-mail address. I've done both ways on both of my PS3s.
techbrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 techbrain
I have no idea what you said... What should I do? I wanna be able to log in to my new acc so i can use my new name to play games online. But it wont let me sign in to Playstation network
patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 patriots7672

You get trophies by doing certain things on some games. Stardust is a games that supports trophies and ingame music tracks. The game has to support them to get trophies. On the xmb there's a spot for trophys that lists your trophys. Stardust is the only game I have that supports trophys.

zeriva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 zeriva
Member since 2007 • 4531 Posts

I have no idea what you said... What should I do? I wanna be able to log in to my new acc so i can use my new name to play games online. But it wont let me sign in to Playstation networktechbrain

Use a different email address...

Aboogie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Aboogie5
Member since 2008 • 1118 Posts

he said you have to make another email address

Like yahoo or msn

Then sign on with the new email address

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 patriots7672

I have no idea what you said... What should I do? I wanna be able to log in to my new acc so i can use my new name to play games online. But it wont let me sign in to Playstation networktechbrain

Go to account management and change the sign in e-mail address to something different than what your brothers was, or sign in to your id and hit triangle and delete it. Then select create user ID and create it again and sign up for a PSN account and select use current and enter his E-mail address, but if you use his E-mail address you'll also have to know his password.

techbrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 techbrain

To make me new acc I did use a different email address than my brothers... Do I have to change the email address?

bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
You need to use your own email address, not your brother's.
techbrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 techbrain
I am using my own email address... When I type in my own details on my PS3 it doesn't sign me in. It says I cant use another persons sign in ID...
patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 patriots7672

I am using my own email address... When I type in my own details on my PS3 it doesn't sign me in. It says I cant use another persons sign in ID...techbrain

If you're using your brothers ID then you have to use his E-mail that matches it. Otherwise make a different user ID.

techbrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 techbrain

[QUOTE="techbrain"]I am using my own email address... When I type in my own details on my PS3 it doesn't sign me in. It says I cant use another persons sign in ID...patriots7672

If you're using your brothers ID then you have to use his E-mail that matches it. Otherwise make a different user ID.

OK wait.. When I use my brothers online name, I use his email address to sign in. But I made my own name... With my own email address. To play on my own online name do I have to change my email address to his or something...? I don't understand..

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 patriots7672
[QUOTE="patriots7672"]

[QUOTE="techbrain"]I am using my own email address... When I type in my own details on my PS3 it doesn't sign me in. It says I cant use another persons sign in ID...techbrain

OK wait.. When I use my brothers online name, I use his email address to sign in. But I made my own name... With my own email address. To play on my own online name do I have to change my email address to his or something...? I don't understand..

No, You can make your own ID and use your own E-mail. You can make your own ID and use his E-mail. If you use his ID you have to use his E-mail. You're a tough one to get to understand such a simple process. GL!

zeriva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zeriva
Member since 2007 • 4531 Posts
[QUOTE="techbrain"][QUOTE="patriots7672"]

[QUOTE="techbrain"]I am using my own email address... When I type in my own details on my PS3 it doesn't sign me in. It says I cant use another persons sign in ID...patriots7672

No, You can make your own ID and use your own E-mail. You can make your own ID and use his E-mail. If you use his ID you have to use his E-mail. You're a tough one to get to understand such a simple process. GL!

Seriously...