Please explain why the Uncharted series is so good.

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#1 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

I am not trying to hate on the series, I legitimately am wondering. A while ago, I watched a Let's Play of Uncharted 1, and I just finished playing through Uncharted 2 and 3 (about 10 minutes ago).

Let me get the things I liked out of the way first: I thought the characters were likeable (with the exception of Chloe), and the stories had good endings that gave me the same feeling I get when I am walking out of a movie theater. The main orchestral theme is also amazing. I also quite like the multiplayer in Uncharted 3, but it's mostly a just diversion from games like Dark Souls, Battlefield 3, and Team Fortress 2.

But there are so many things that were incredibly weak, in my opinion. The core gameplay could be absolutely infuriating- this is counting the enemy AI and behavior, shots to kill, and friendly AI. The frequency, distance, and accuracy of enemies' grenades rivals Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

The way that Drake reacts when hit with an RPG/grenade (exposing himself to enemy fire- usually snipers, of course), the behavior of snipers, and heavies in general all seemed like poor game choices. Looking at my statistics, I had 154 restarts across 22 chapters in Uncharted 3. Maybe I just suck, but that seems a bit high. I think my blood pressure got a bit high too, though. A lot of the deaths, though avoidable, still seemed a bit bullshit, with distant RPG-ers, shotgunners who flank right by my friend, or 10 snipers all trained on me.

In many occasions, when there is a puzzle, Drake will say "there's probably a mechanism I have to turn." 5 seconds later, it will tell me to press up on the d-pad for a hint. The game treated me like an 8 year old. The loose controls could also lead to janky platforming, but I can't really complain too much about that. One thing that wasn't bad, but that was a bit odd, was the fact that so many doors and mechanisms required your partner's participation. That sort of makes sense in co-op, but the game doesn't have a co-op campaign, so why can't I just open the door myself and get on with it?

In many occasions, it seemed like the writers resorted to using the games' supernatural elements to save their asses when they wrote themselves into a corner.

Speaking of supernatural elements, the coked-up natives at the end of 2 and the djinn at the end of 3 were both miserable to fight. The natives had way too much health and the Djinn were poorly executed in almost every way, which is a shame because they behaved a bit like Prometheans from Halo 4, which were actually fun to fight.

All of these gameplay elements led to me dreading combat. I would walk into an area and think, "shit, there are going to be 14 enemies that are going to jump up behind these chest-high walls. Why can't I just get on with the story!?" It was disappointing that the actual game was a burden and an interruption in the stories, which were the best parts of the games.

The games- Uncharted 3 specifically- aren't a shining example of the technical beauty of modern gaming that many seem to make them out to be. I experienced slowdown at the end of Uncharted 3, textures were blurry all around (except for Drake's and Sully's character models), and pop-in was prevalent about half the time. The Playstation 3 (and Xbox 360 as well) are so old that the only way to impress me on those platforms anymore is to have an exceptional art style, like Halo 4, Dark Souls, Borderlands, or Bioshock have. Even Sound Shapes.

But players and critics seem to love the games. It's crowned as one of, if not the best Playstation 3 series. IGN gave Uncharted 3 their 6th 10/10 ever. The series has an average Metacritic score of 92. Uncharted 2 received 200 GOTY awards, and Uncharted 3 took home hundreds of both GOTY and other awards as well.

I don't get it. How can people play through those games and not have the same dread of combat (and mediocre response to the visuals)?

fighter91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 fighter91
Member since 2005 • 1293 Posts
I can't give you an essay long response, but many people love it because it has great characters, a decent story, and the gameplay is some of the most fluid of this generation. These reasons alone, at least for me, are enough to categorize it as a great/superb game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
I can't give you an essay long response, but many people love it because it has great characters, a decent story, and the gameplay is some of the most fluid of this generation. These reasons alone, at least for me, are enough to categorize it as a great/superb game.fighter91
Really? I thought that the gameplay was very much not fluid. Not so much the movement, but the situations that the game puts you in.
Azzurri22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Azzurri22
Member since 2011 • 168 Posts

Looking at my statistics, I had 154 restarts across 22 chapters in Uncharted 3. Maybe I just suck, but that seems a bit high.

realguitarhero5

There's no 'maybe' about it. You just suck.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"]

Looking at my statistics, I had 154 restarts across 22 chapters in Uncharted 3. Maybe I just suck, but that seems a bit high.

Azzurri22

Then what makes me suck? Most games I try I do fine at. I think I had more deaths per hour playing Uncharted 2 than Dark Souls.  The game was absolutely infuriating.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#7 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1578 Posts
its not, well not for me anyway....
KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#8 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

I really like the co op. Uncharted 3 co op was the best, getting the star online was cool. I enjoy the single player and online is always fun to play. Graphics are also some of the best on PS3. Whats not to like?

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
It's good because I like them and have fun playing them.
bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

[QUOTE="Azzurri22"]

realguitarhero5

Then what makes me suck? Most games I try I do fine at. I think I had more deaths per hour playing Uncharted 2 than Dark Souls.  The game was absolutely infuriating.

well thats a load of bull isn't it, more deaths per hour than dark souls are you having a laugh get better at gaming then. the question is why is any game good? it's personal choice, me personally loved the uncharted series because the gameplay was fun, yes the ai wasn't brilliant and the shooting i found annoying at times but overall it was a good laugh, the story was great and i really connected with the characters, over all it was a good third person action adventure game. for it's genre it's the best there is. just like first person shooter call of duty is the best in that genre, but personal choice is first and foremost.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

You're coming to the party late my friend. It's the combination of story, character, spectacle, platforming, minor puzzles and servicable gunplay. As for the graphics, they were top-shelf at launch but now might be showing a little age. The Train sequence from UC2, the Sinking Cruise ship and the Burning Chateau from UC3 are all industry hallmarks/benchmarks and prime examples of the kind of detail and heart Naughty Dog puts into this series.

If you don't like it, you don't like it but that doesn't mean it's not a great franchise.

P.S. - You don't like Chloe'? What's wrong with you??!

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

For me, it's the entire package. Well written plot. Engaging characters. Good use of puzzles. Amazing presentation and great sound design. And most importantly, it's just fun.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#13 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I used to have similar problems with my getting my ass kicked in those games, but after a while I finally got used to the combat system and ceased to have issues with it for the most part. But anyway, I enjoy the series for various reasons, ones that have mostly been mentioned... story, characters, gameplay, etc. I still even found the absurd set pieces to be enjoyable throughout the series. Just because it's popular it doesn't mean you have to like it. I see some of the reasons people may not enjoy it, but I also see why it's the most well-received exclusive on the PS3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
I understand the appeal of the characters and stories. If there is ever an Uncharted movie, I'll probably go watch it. But until then, all we have are the games.
P.S. - You don't like Chloe'? What's wrong with you??!porkchopxp
I don't like her voice actor, and the way she was written made it so that I never felt I could trust her!
I used to have similar problems with my getting my ass kicked in those games, but after a while I finally got used to the combat system and ceased to have issues with it for the most part.SoNin360
Maybe I just played through 2 moderately lengthy games and never figured out how the gameplay is supposed to work?
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#15 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

The actual gunplay and enemy intelligence probably the weakest part of all the games. What makes them so good is the excellent characters, globetrotting stories, perilous adventure, blockbuster action, engaging puzzle-solving and cutscenes.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

The actual gunplay and enemy intelligence probably the weakest part of all the games. What makes them so good is the excellent characters, globetrotting stories, perilous adventure, blockbuster action, engaging puzzle-solving and cutscenes.

Venom_Raptor

Pretty much this, I didn't mind the gunplay though. Also when Uncharted 1 came out Nathan Drake reminded me of Nathan Fillion so that was a big plus for me.

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts
After all the hype, I decided to play the first game and was exactly how I felt about it prior getting it. Boring, repetitive and... That sums it up. I guess we're just in the minority of the franchise.
happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 happy_dude64
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

Azzurri22

This for sure. I platinum the whole trilogy without much effort. The first Uncharted had its cheap deaths but nothing too bad. You really do JUST suck. The games are amazing. Definitely my top 3 exlcusive franchises on PS3.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#19 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Maybe I just played through 2 moderately lengthy games and never figured out how the gameplay is supposed to work?

Lol, it wasn't until the third game that I finally got a hang of it. Went back to the first 2 Uncharted games after not playing them for years and breezed through them on higher difficulty settings.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

[QUOTE="Azzurri22"]

happy_dude64

This for sure. I platinum the whole trilogy without much effort. The first Uncharted had its cheap deaths but nothing too bad. You really do JUST suck. The games are amazing. Definitely my top 3 exlcusive franchises on PS3.

I am going to have to correct you there... not about me sucking, but none of the games have exceptional graphics at all. They were underwhelming after all of the hype that was behind how good the game looked.
JovialSlacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 JovialSlacker
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
It's a playstation exclusive. If it wasn't then the series wouldn't get nearly as much love as it does.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
After all the hype, I decided to play the first game and was exactly how I felt about it prior getting it. Boring, repetitive and... That sums it up. I guess we're just in the minority of the franchise.enz2
Your actually not really in the minority. There are a ton of people who find Uncharted incredibly overrated. It's just the the few number of people who think it's the best thing ever and they shout it from the rooftops so it gets stuck in your mind. It's a shame too because the series isn't bad by any means, I'd even call it good, but it's not great and it certainly isn't, "blah blah the best games in this generation blah blah."
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I cant read all that texts.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Well, about the combat....grenades and rpg's are there so you don't go all static behind 1 piece of cover for the whole battle, you're meant to move, switch from cover to cover as often as possible.

And shotgun dudes.....if they come close, finish them with CQC

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I am not trying to hate on the series, I legitimately am wondering. A while ago, I watched a Let's Play of Uncharted 1, and I just finished playing through Uncharted 2 and 3 (about 10 minutes ago).

Let me get the things I liked out of the way first: I thought the characters were likeable (with the exception of Chloe), and the stories had good endings that gave me the same feeling I get when I am walking out of a movie theater. The main orchestral theme is also amazing. I also quite like the multiplayer in Uncharted 3, but it's mostly a just diversion from games like Dark Souls, Battlefield 3, and Team Fortress 2.

But there are so many things that were incredibly weak, in my opinion. The core gameplay could be absolutely infuriating- this is counting the enemy AI and behavior, shots to kill, and friendly AI. The frequency, distance, and accuracy of enemies' grenades rivals Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

The way that Drake reacts when hit with an RPG/grenade (exposing himself to enemy fire- usually snipers, of course), the behavior of snipers, and heavies in general all seemed like poor game choices. Looking at my statistics, I had 154 restarts across 22 chapters in Uncharted 3. Maybe I just suck, but that seems a bit high. I think my blood pressure got a bit high too, though. A lot of the deaths, though avoidable, still seemed a bit bullshit, with distant RPG-ers, shotgunners who flank right by my friend, or 10 snipers all trained on me.

In many occasions, when there is a puzzle, Drake will say "there's probably a mechanism I have to turn." 5 seconds later, it will tell me to press up on the d-pad for a hint. The game treated me like an 8 year old. The loose controls could also lead to janky platforming, but I can't really complain too much about that. One thing that wasn't bad, but that was a bit odd, was the fact that so many doors and mechanisms required your partner's participation. That sort of makes sense in co-op, but the game doesn't have a co-op campaign, so why can't I just open the door myself and get on with it?

In many occasions, it seemed like the writers resorted to using the games' supernatural elements to save their asses when they wrote themselves into a corner.

Speaking of supernatural elements, the coked-up natives at the end of 2 and the djinn at the end of 3 were both miserable to fight. The natives had way too much health and the Djinn were poorly executed in almost every way, which is a shame because they behaved a bit like Prometheans from Halo 4, which were actually fun to fight.

All of these gameplay elements led to me dreading combat. I would walk into an area and think, "shit, there are going to be 14 enemies that are going to jump up behind these chest-high walls. Why can't I just get on with the story!?" It was disappointing that the actual game was a burden and an interruption in the stories, which were the best parts of the games.

The games- Uncharted 3 specifically- aren't a shining example of the technical beauty of modern gaming that many seem to make them out to be. I experienced slowdown at the end of Uncharted 3, textures were blurry all around (except for Drake's and Sully's character models), and pop-in was prevalent about half the time. The Playstation 3 (and Xbox 360 as well) are so old that the only way to impress me on those platforms anymore is to have an exceptional art style, like Halo 4, Dark Souls, Borderlands, or Bioshock have. Even Sound Shapes.

But players and critics seem to love the games. It's crowned as one of, if not the best Playstation 3 series. IGN gave Uncharted 3 their 6th 10/10 ever. The series has an average Metacritic score of 92. Uncharted 2 received 200 GOTY awards, and Uncharted 3 took home hundreds of both GOTY and other awards as well.

I don't get it. How can people play through those games and not have the same dread of combat (and mediocre response to the visuals)?

realguitarhero5

After carefully reading your post I came to realization, It's not your type of game.

All it really takes it to look at your 10's and 9.5's ratings to realize Uncharted isn't your cup of tea. It's a critically acclaimed series because majority of gamers and professional journalist find it enjoyable. It also won industry critics awards for various achievements, from music to excellent graphics that you find so average...

What you didn't enjoyed, I did for example. I could ask you the same question, why do you find "X" game so good yet I find it mediocre? It's a personal preference, it just happens that Uncharted series are enjoyed by many people. :)

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 happy_dude64

[QUOTE="happy_dude64"]

[QUOTE="Azzurri22"]

realguitarhero5

I am going to have to correct you there... not about me sucking, but none of the games have exceptional graphics at all. They were underwhelming after all of the hype that was behind how good the game looked.

What the hell? I never said the graphics were exceptional...learn to comprehend English before you game maybe? I said the games are amazing. Since when do graphics count towards a game being amazing? Dumbass...

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#27 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

It's a playstation exclusive. If it wasn't then the series wouldn't get nearly as much love as it does.JovialSlacker

Nor would it be as visually stunning

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

realguitarhero5

I call BS! No way you could finish playing through 2 & 3 at the same time. And it's your prob if you don't like them. I don't like many things others like.:roll:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"][QUOTE="happy_dude64"]

happy_dude64

What the hell? I never said the graphics were exceptional...learn to comprehend English before you game maybe? I said the games are amazing. Since when do graphics count towards a game being amazing? Dumbass...

I must have responded to the wrong post... my bad, dude...
JovialSlacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 JovialSlacker
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="JovialSlacker"]It's a playstation exclusive. If it wasn't then the series wouldn't get nearly as much love as it does.Venom_Raptor

Nor would it be as visually stunning

Not true. The games could look much better if they were on PC.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#31 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Because people like explosions and heavily scripted sequences.
DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

It's totally about the characters and story. You get to participate in these great adventure stories. Yeah, if you're a simulation shooter enthusiast you might not think much of some of the combat sequences, and there were parts of these games that I found annoying as well.

I can't remember what famous director recently said that video games are taking over the story-telling market and are proving that they can do a better job than the movies, but I believe he had the Uncharted series in mind when he said it. I can think of few movies I consider better adventures (Raiders of the Lost Ark and I don't even know if there's a 2nd -- can't think of one off the top of my head).

vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 vpacalypse
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts

Ok as far as uncharted 2/3 go...I score them 10/10 & 9/10 respectivly. Because...

1. Great graphics...Not much between UC2 & UC3 (maybe sometimes they do blur etc...but remember UC2 was released a while ago, phenomal for the time...(not to mention even today).

The story/dialogue is always great...so far anyway

Gameplay was functional I guess...not brilliant or bad. But it was more the setting/ backdrop/ locations (sense of scale in some scenes) and wow factor in each scene of gameplay.

the character movements were closer than most games to being human like.

That's why Uncharted 2/3 are a marvel for me.

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

[QUOTE="Azzurri22"]

realguitarhero5

Yeah you suck, I can play through Uncharted 2 on normal without dying once. Killing the last boss on hard with no continues is tough though.

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 happy_dude64

[QUOTE="happy_dude64"]

[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"] I am going to have to correct you there... not about me sucking, but none of the games have exceptional graphics at all. They were underwhelming after all of the hype that was behind how good the game looked.realguitarhero5

I must have responded to the wrong post... my bad, dude...

You clearly responded to my first part of my previous comment. You also clearly have really bad reading comprehention skills. 

Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Tropictrain
Member since 2010 • 4863 Posts

The Uncharted series is my favorite game series because of the story, characters, sense of scale, action and platforming segments. I do think the gunplay is the weakest part of the game but it's still a whole lot of fun. It's just not your game. I didn't have nearly as much trouble getting through it as you did but if you hand me a tactics game I'd really struggle with it. They aren't my type of game and obviously this isn't yours. I don't see why you're so confused. 

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

The Uncharted series is among the elite for this generation.  While it's not for everyone, like anything in life, it is regarded as one of the measuring sticks for greatness all around that this generation, or gaming, has to offer.

It is incredible, period.  That's not to say everyone will appreciate it, again, like anything in life, but it is on the Mt. Rushmore of gaming for this generation, and surely beyond.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#38 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

realguitarhero5

Coolyfett is currently playing Uncharted 1 and ironically just did a review for the game today. Please tell Coolyfett that Uncharted 2 & 3 does not suffer from the same issues that the first game did with the invinsible thugs that never die. Coolyfett did not read your entire post, he read most of it, but Coolyfett does plan to play all 3 games just to do the reviews on them. Uncharted 1 was really annoying how the jungle thugs just wouldnt die no matter how many times you shot them.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Coolyfett

[QUOTE="Azzurri22"]

realguitarhero5

Then what makes me suck? Most games I try I do fine at. I think I had more deaths per hour playing Uncharted 2 than Dark Souls. The game was absolutely infuriating.

Well Coolyfett wont say that you suck, he would have to look at your trophy count first. The gun fights on Uncharted 1 were really unfair at the most. The game makes you manually aim and when 13 guns are shooting at you at once that can be very hard to do. Coolyfett understands where you are coming from.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

[QUOTE="Azzurri22"]

Coolyfett

Then what makes me suck? Most games I try I do fine at. I think I had more deaths per hour playing Uncharted 2 than Dark Souls. The game was absolutely infuriating.

Well Coolyfett wont say that you suck, he would have to look at your trophy count first. The gun fights on Uncharted 1 were really unfair at the most. The game makes you manually aim and when 13 guns are shooting at you at once that can be very hard to do. Coolyfett understands where you are coming from.

There are still times when you enter an area knowing that 15 baddies are going to appear, and then they all jump out from cover shooting at you. Then some guy rushes you, making you leave cover and get shredded by the bad guys in cover. Or maybe 5 of them decide to be Peyton Manning and they all lob grenades at you from impossible distances at impossible angles with impossible accuracy. It's all a bit ridiculous. But you know what else is ridiculous? Talking about yourself in the third person.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

As I have said on many occasions before, Uncharted is a back seat driver experience. Some people love being along for the ride rather than being in the drivers seat. I for one can't stand taking a back seat in my games. Uncharted's worth comes from the experiecence the developers want you to have rather than the experience you want to have with their game.

GTA_Edm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GTA_Edm
Member since 2005 • 1493 Posts

But you know what else is ridiculous? Talking about yourself in the third person.realguitarhero5

This. HA!

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts

As I have said on many occasions before, Uncharted is a back seat driver experience. Some people love being along for the ride rather than being in the drivers seat. I for one can't stand taking a back seat in my games. Uncharted's worth comes from the experiecence the developers want you to have rather than the experience you want to have with their game.

Pikminmaniac
It could've been worse, it could've been like MGS.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#44 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

The characters and the set pieces help but what I really love about the series is the storytelling very good.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Elena's Butt.

JoeGamer1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JoeGamer1234
Member since 2013 • 68 Posts

It's unrivaled in story telling, the characters are relateable, the set pieces. The market is oversaturated with first-person shooters and lack anything that requires an actual attention span. If it's not your cup of tea than I get it, but it would require a dislike for the third-person genre for someone to just not get some sort of enjoyment from these games. It's essentially Indiana Jones for a younger generation.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

It's unrivaled in story telling, the characters are relateable, the set pieces. The market is oversaturated with first-person shooters and lack anything that requires an actual attention span. If it's not your cup of tea than I get it, but it would require a dislike for the third-person genre for someone to just not get some sort of enjoyment from these games. It's essentially Indiana Jones for a younger generation.

JoeGamer1234
Great summarization.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#48 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

It makes most blockbuster films look bad.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Coolyfett

[QUOTE="enz2"]After all the hype, I decided to play the first game and was exactly how I felt about it prior getting it. Boring, repetitive and... That sums it up. I guess we're just in the minority of the franchise.firefox59
Your actually not really in the minority. There are a ton of people who find Uncharted incredibly overrated. It's just the the few number of people who think it's the best thing ever and they shout it from the rooftops so it gets stuck in your mind. It's a shame too because the series isn't bad by any means, I'd even call it good, but it's not great and it certainly isn't, "blah blah the best games in this generation blah blah."

Well cant really blame the game maker for that, just the stupid bro gamers and media followers. Its all overhyped by those guys. Uncharted 1 looks and sounds really good, but the gameplay just doesnt suck Coolyfett in to be immersed in it. Maybe because Coolyfett doesnt really like the shooter stuff that the yelling bro gamers like. Coolyfett still plans to play the entire trilogy, but after that no more.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Coolyfett

[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"][QUOTE="happy_dude64"]

happy_dude64

Graphic play a major factor as well as gameplay and story.