Please convince me to buy a PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pwc3107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pwc3107
Member since 2003 • 29 Posts

I might be interested in buying a PS3. I already know all of the downsides to buying/owning one, but I haven't done much reasearch into the upsides. So, rather than search for specifics myself, I'm simply going to ask you, the gaping maw of the forum, why I should buy a PS3.

And please make your statements intelligent.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

The PSN is free.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
can i convince you not to buy one? cuz seeing that your lazy and you cant do any research of your own i dont think you deserve to have one.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

You seem like a smart person, so rather than say no, I think I'll make an exception this time around.

Like the guy above said, PSN is free.

Pay $499.99 now, save a whole bunch of money on online play later.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#5 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

1.internet service is free - though i think Xbox Live is better then PSN. However in just the four months i've had my PS3 i've seen more improvments.

2. The PS3 has some killer exclusives, and there seem to be far more and varied ones:

a. God of War III

b. Uncharted : Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

c. The Last Guardian

d. inFamous

e. Killzone 2

f. Gran Turismo 5

g. Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and Final Fantasy XIV

h. Modnation Racers

i. Little Big Planet

j. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

k. Ratchet and Clank : Tools of Destruction, R&C: Quest for Booty, R&C: A Crack in Time

l. MAG

need i go more.

please remember that though the price tag is high, your getting built in wifi, a rechargable controller, that can be wired (the wire recharges it), and be wireless. you get a lot right on the onset.

if you want. check my wishlist of PS3 games to get a good idea of what games are on there.

L30KinG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 L30KinG
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts

1.internet service is free - though i think Xbox Live is better then PSN. However in just the four months i've had my PS3 i've seen more improvments.

2. The PS3 has some killer exclusives, and there seem to be far more and varied ones:

a. God of War III

c. The Last Guardian

d. inFamous

e. Killzone 2

f. Gran Turismo 5

h. Modnation Racers

i. Little Big Planet

k. Ratchet and Clank : Tools of Destruction, R&C: Quest for Booty, R&C: A Crack in Time

l. MAG

need i go more.

please remember that though the price tag is high, your getting built in wifi, a rechargable controller, that can be wired (the wire recharges it), and be wireless. you get a lot right on the onset.

if you want. check my wishlist of PS3 games to get a good idea of what games are on there.

SaudiFury
all of that plus blue-ray movies
maxim47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 maxim47
Member since 2008 • 59 Posts

It's sexy !!! U have to get one, it has bluray and media server. If you don't have ps3 these days, you don't have sh*t...

Fabulistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fabulistic
Member since 2008 • 71 Posts

What are the downsides??? I must have missed that part... but seriously, as others stated PSN is free, you can browse the internet, trophies are pretty cool(like them over Gpoints), and you also get a free blueray DVD player included. That won me over.

You are not only buying a gaming console, but also a Blueray DVD player. Blueray DVD players alone are priced around 200dollars. You add that all up, and you got yourself wanting a new PS3.

mztazmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mztazmz
Member since 2003 • 1405 Posts

a. God of War III

c. The Last Guardian

d. inFamous

e. Killzone 2

f. Gran Turismo 5

h. Modnation Racers

i. Little Big Planet

l. MAG

need i go more.

SaudiFury

ad to that:

M. a bluray player

N. a console that is RELIABLE (3 year warranty or not, who wants to be without their console for a month?)

O. the SUPERIOR version of Final Fantasy XIII(one disc, full quality audio)

P. internet browser

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

I might be interested in buying a PS3. I already know all of the downsides to buying/owning one, but I haven't done much reasearch into the upsides. So, rather than search for specifics myself, I'm simply going to ask you, the gaping maw of the forum, why I should buy a PS3.

pwc3107

You're asking for intelligent answers for an unintelligent question?

You openly admit that you haven't done research and you expect us to kiss your arse?

Here's my intelligent statement. Quit being stupid and go find out for yourself. Grow a brain.

We're not sales men.

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts
[QUOTE="L30KinG"][QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

a. God of War III

c. The Last Guardian

d. inFamous

e. Killzone 2

f. Gran Turismo 5

h. Modnation Racers

i. Little Big Planet

l. MAG

need i go more.

all of that plus blue-ray movies

yeah and those bluray discs are really hard to scratch!!! what are they made off??????
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Silverbond

a. God of War III

c. The Last Guardian

d. inFamous

e. Killzone 2

f. Gran Turismo 5

h. Modnation Racers

i. Little Big Planet

l. MAG

need i go more.

SaudiFury

Nine of those games haven't released yet. We should at least mention games he won't have to wait for.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Denji

You seem like a smart person, so rather than say no, I think I'll make an exception this time around.

Scianix-Black

*sigh* You caved eh?:P

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogelio22

upgradeable hdd 500gbs for $80 where the competition sells you theres for $150 and only 120gbs:?

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Silverbond

ad to that:

O. the SUPERIOR version of Final Fantasy XIII(one disc, full quality audio)

mztazmz

And most other multiplats are superior on the 360. :|

Fabulistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fabulistic

yeah and those bluray discs are really hard to scratch!!! what are they made off??????

Stainless Steel...

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

UMMMMMMMMMMM what are the downsides?:shock:

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rogelio22
[QUOTE="Denji"]

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

i thought PS3 was only $399?????
Wiiingssbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Wiiingssbb
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts

I'm not as convincing as the shamwow guy but PS3 is the best purchase I've made since I bought my wii...cuz that was an awesome buy...(sigh) It's got amazing games, great grahpics, fairly good community (not as good as 360 but getting there), PSN is free, cost is high but if u will use it alot it's totallly worth it. I like the exclusives a whole lot better than 360. U still have all the same multiplats and trophies are very similar to achievements. I love it and probably use it way too much.

On a sad day right after christmas, my lil baby ps3 had died on me and i cried..i had to send it in but sony (or whoever fixed it) did it for free. 360s brake alot more easily than the PS3 and i'm not 100% sure but i think microsoft makes u pay for fixing it fixed. More of the older models have problems with it but PS3 tend to be more reliable than 360s. It's awesome, get it.

BUY NOW

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rogelio22

POPEYE1716
uhmmm collects alot of "visible" dust i guess??? only downside i can think off
maxim47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 maxim47

pwc3107

Bro WHAT ARE THE "DOWNSIDES" can u please tell me, cuz i don't know wat ta phuk u talking about ?? There aren't any. Go buy it ! Play it ! Love it !

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
[QUOTE="pwc3107"]

Do we have to convince you? since you're asking us to deliver intelligent statements, maybe you can be intelligent enough to decide whether you like it or not, kid... its as simple as if you don't get one... you'll be missing a lot, ain't much of an intelligent statement, but its that simple.
noble_aryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 noble_aryan
Member since 2009 • 722 Posts

Uncharted 2

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Denji

[QUOTE="pwc3107"]

taplok

Do we have to convince you? since you're asking us to deliver intelligent statements, maybe you can be intelligent enough to decide whether you like it or not, kid... its as simple as if you don't get one... you'll be missing a lot, ain't much of an intelligent statement, but its that simple.

Amen brotha!:P

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#25 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

a. God of War III

c. The Last Guardian

d. inFamous

e. Killzone 2

f. Gran Turismo 5

h. Modnation Racers

i. Little Big Planet

l. MAG

need i go more.

Silverbond

Nine of those games haven't released yet. We should at least mention games he won't have to wait for.

true. i listed the big list, partly including already released and party of soon coming games. thereby a gaming machine that has further great hits on the way.
Fabulistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Fabulistic

[QUOTE="POPEYE1716"]

rogelio22

True statement. It does do that... lol.

maxim47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 maxim47

[QUOTE="rogelio22"][QUOTE="POPEYE1716"]

Fabulistic

What kind of device dosen't collect dust ? I wipe my TV every week it has more dust then ps3 fans. Everything collecting dust, i wouldt say its a downside. The only downsides are sometimes I can't sleep on fridays at night keep playing that COD and Killzone till 6AM !!! lol

acemasta21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 acemasta21
Member since 2007 • 788 Posts

downside!?????

just buy it

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Denji

[QUOTE="Fabulistic"]

[QUOTE="rogelio22"]uhmmm collects alot of "visible" dust i guess??? only downside i can think offmaxim47

What kind of device dosen't collect dust ? I wipe my TV every week it has more dust then ps3 fans. Everything collecting dust, i wouldt say its a downside. The only downsides are sometimes I can't sleep on fridays at night keep playing that COD and Killzone till 6AM !!! lol

Well, anything Piano Black would show more dust than any other colour. Much like cat fur to a black shirt lol

maxim47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 maxim47

[QUOTE="maxim47"]

[QUOTE="Fabulistic"]

Denji

Well, anything Piano Black would show more dust than any other colour. Much like cat fur to a black shirt lol

HAHAHAHAAAAA Finest thing I read today !!!

heatfanman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 heatfanman101
Member since 2008 • 2877 Posts

MGS4

*end*

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
Free online, the finest line up of first party exclusives and Metal Gear Solid 4. That should be enough to sell a system.
heatfanman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 heatfanman101
Member since 2008 • 2877 Posts

[QUOTE="Fabulistic"]

[QUOTE="rogelio22"]uhmmm collects alot of "visible" dust i guess??? only downside i can think offmaxim47

another downside is that it doesn't have mass effect 2, yet. I love my ps3, but I need that game:evil:

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Denji

[QUOTE="maxim47"]

[QUOTE="Fabulistic"]

heatfanman101

another downside is that it doesn't have mass effect 2, yet. I love my ps3, but I need that game:evil:

LOL Seems to be a common theme around here the past few days.

Well it's this. Either you buy a 360, or suck it up and move on:lol:

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Denji

Yeah, I mean at least he was willing to look up all the faults the PS3 has, like a real fanboy.

...not that I'm calling him one, just saying, lol.

Avatar image for Ryusuke_Akihiro
Ryusuke_Akihiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ryusuke_Akihiro
Member since 2007 • 425 Posts

*The PlayStation Eye. It's just as innovative as the Wii's motion controller, but Sony is getting one of those as well. The Eye just needs more support and advertizing. Natal is just a PS Eye that is being supported more. If Microsoft pushes Natal, you can bet Sony will do the same with it's Eye.

*The PSN is free and is improving as it's userbase increases

*Home

*The Blu-Ray player. If you care about it, this is a plus

*The HDD is currently upgradable to 500GB, which is great for packing in as much content as you can on your console

*The current and upcoming games, such as:

-Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (released)

-Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (upcoming)

-Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (released)

-Valkyria Chronicles (released)

-White Knight Chronicles (upcoming, 2010)

-Arcania: A Gothic Tale (upcoming, 2009)

-Final Fantasy XIII (upcoming, 2010)

-Final Fantasy Versus XIII (upcoming)

-Final Fantasy XIV (upcoming, 2010)

-The Last Remnant (upcoming)

-Eternal Sonata (released)

-Tales of Vesperia (not officially for US, "yet")

-Star Ocean: The Last Hope (recently revealed, probably coming here too)

-Resonance of Fate (upcoming 2009)

-Ninja Gaiden Sigma (released)

-Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (upcoming)

-Assassin's Creed (released)

-Assassin's Creed 2 (upcoming, 2009)

-MAG (upcoming)

-inFamous (released)

-Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (released)

-Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (upcoming, 2009)

-Dragon Age: Origins (upcoming, 2009)

-The Last Guardian (upcoming)

-Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm (released)

-LittleBIGPlanet (released)

-Civilization: Revolution (released)

-Resident Evil 5 (released)

-Street Fighter IV (released)

-Soul Calibur IV (released)

-Tekken 6 (upcoming)

-Gran Turismo 5 (upcoming)

-Modnation Racers (upcoming)

-God of War III (upcoming)

-Grand Theft Auto IV (released)

-Castlevania: Lord's of Shadow (upcoming)

-Fallout 3 (released)

-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (released)

-Metal Gear Solid: Rising (upcoming)

-Resistance (released)

-Resistance 2 (released)

-Bioshock (released)

-Bioshock 2 (upcoming, 2009)

-Devil May Cry 4 (released)

-The Eye of Judgement (uses the PS Eye, released, awesome game)

-Eyepet (upcoming)

As you can see there are plenty of games to last you now, and plenty of games to look forward to later on. Hope this helped.

acemasta21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 acemasta21
Member since 2007 • 788 Posts

[QUOTE="maxim47"]

[QUOTE="Fabulistic"]

heatfanman101

me too bro but itll com...i hope
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Scianix-Black

*The PlayStation Eye. It's just as innovative as the Wii's motion controller, but Sony is getting one of those as well. The Eye just needs more support and advertizing. Natal is just a PS Eye that is being supported more. If Microsoft pushes Natal, you can bet Sony will do the same with it's Eye.

*The PSN is free and is improving as it's userbase increases

*Home

*The Blu-Ray player. If you care about it, this is a plus

*The HDD is currently upgradable to 500GB, which is great for packing in as much content as you can on your console

*The current and upcoming games, such as:

-Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (released)

-Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (upcoming)

-Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (released)

-Valkyria Chronicles (released)

-White Knight Chronicles (upcoming, 2010)

-Arcania: A Gothic Tale (upcoming, 2009)

-Final Fantasy XIII (upcoming, 2010)

-Final Fantasy Versus XIII (upcoming)

-Final Fantasy XIV (upcoming, 2010)

-The Last Remnant (upcoming)

-Eternal Sonata (released)

-Tales of Vesperia (not officially for US, "yet")

-Star Ocean: The Last Hope (recently revealed, probably coming here too)

-Resonance of Fate (upcoming 2009)

-Ninja Gaiden Sigma (released)

-Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (upcoming)

-Assassin's Creed (released)

-Assassin's Creed 2 (upcoming, 2009)

-MAG (upcoming)

-inFamous (released)

-Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (released)

-Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (upcoming, 2009)

-Dragon Age: Origins (upcoming, 2009)

-The Last Guardian (upcoming)

-Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm (released)

-LittleBIGPlanet (released)

-Civilization: Revolution (released)

-Resident Evil 5 (released)

-Street Fighter IV (released)

-Soul Calibur IV (released)

-Tekken 6 (upcoming)

-Gran Turismo 5 (upcoming)

-Modnation Racers (upcoming)

-God of War III (upcoming)

-Grand Theft Auto IV (released)

-Castlevania: Lord's of Shadow (upcoming)

-Fallout 3 (released)

-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (released)

-Metal Gear Solid: Rising (upcoming)

-Resistance (released)

-Resistance 2 (released)

-Bioshock (released)

-Bioshock 2 (upcoming, 2009)

-Devil May Cry 4 (released)

As you can see there are plenty of games to last you now, and plenty of games to look forward to later on. Hope this helped.

Ryusuke_Akihiro

You should've listed the games that he could buy.

Avatar image for Ryusuke_Akihiro
Ryusuke_Akihiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ryusuke_Akihiro
Member since 2007 • 425 Posts

You should've listed the games that he could buy.

Scianix-Black

I told him which ones were released. Why not add the ones he can look forward to both this year and the next?

maxim47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 maxim47

Who cares, stop babying this guy

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
I'd really rather not. If you've found the time to research the downsides, I think you can do the same for the upsides.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
Dude, don't buy a stinking PS3! They are horribly time consuming! They will rob your family and other consoles of your quality time and affection. Unless you want your marriage to fail and your lawn to get like really really thick then I'd suggest you stay as far away from a PS3 as possible!!! ................... You have been warned.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
You can make your own decision about whether or not you want to buy a PS3. It's in the stickied threads if you want clarification.