Playstation on Amazon In stock on January 16, 2014.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

firerain998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 firerain998
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Well the title is all about it

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1389202425&sr=8-2&keywords=playstation+4

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts

Best buys are supposed to have them this Sunday as well.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

Translation: "PS4 in stock on January 16, 2014 at 8:00am...out of stock on January 16, 2014 8:01am"

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

@jasean79 said:

Translation: "PS4 in stock on January 16, 2014 at 8:00am...out of stock on January 16, 2014 8:01am"

Lol I was just going to say something like that.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I had bought an extra one on launch day to sell on ebay but since most retailers have been restocking them so fast there really isn't a big profit to be made.

So I just decided to knock of 50bucks and sell it to one of my friends and of course he wanted to do the half now and pay you later thing.

I told him no, because I know for a fact that he's the type of person that has a loaded bank account but since we are friends I know that he was going to try and get over.....long story short, another friend knew about the situation came over my house put that cash in my hand....walked out of my house with a brand new PS4....no line, no waiting on UPS, no B.S!!!

So now the person who I originally was going to sell it too is going crazy trying to get a PS4!!! lol....do you guys think I was a bastard the way I handled that?

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

I had bought an extra one on launch day to sell on ebay but since most retailers have been restocking them so fast there really isn't a big profit to be made.

So I just decided to knock of 50bucks and sell it to one of my friends and of course he wanted to do the half now and pay you later thing.

I told him no, because I know for a fact that he's the type of person that has a loaded bank account but since we are friends I know that he was going to try and get over.....long story short, another friend knew about the situation came over my house put that cash in my hand....walked out of my house with a brand new PS4....no line, no waiting on UPS, no B.S!!!

So now the person who I originally was going to sell it too is going crazy trying to get a PS4!!! lol....do you guys think I was a bastard the way I handled that?

First come, first served. Cash is cash.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MarcRecon

@jasean79 said:

@MarcRecon said:

lol....especially since I already took the lost by knocking off 50.00! That's why I'm very selective when it comes to doing business with family and friends because they always trying to get the "HOOKUP"

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

@jasean79 said:

@MarcRecon said:

lol....especially since I already took the lost by knocking off 50.00! That's why I'm very selective when it comes to doing business with family and friends because they always trying to get the "HOOKUP"

nothing wrong with doing it that way. if he just didn't have enough to afford it right away, but you know he'd pay you before long, then that'd be different. but for someone you know has it? there's no reason why i wouldn't expect him to pay you up front. as the saying goes, "you snooze you lose"

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9  Edited By mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

Sweet, thanks for the heads up. I still need to buy my brother a PS4 been sold out everywhere in my town, and no luck online yet.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

Why did you wait so long to sell after mid november launch? If you sold a couple weeks after launch (considering you got it launch day), youcould have sold it for $600 on ebay and make big profit. I was scoping ebay a lot and that is where it was selling for. If you waited like 2 months after launch to sell, you will make little profit or even break even on ebay as they are coming more available.... They are still nowhere to be found around me and online retailers though. How much did you sell to friend?

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

As much as I hate Wal-mart, they seem to always have them in stock. Target randomly has them in stock and never announce they have it. I was there a few weeks ago and they had about 10 on the shelf but if you look at their website, it will say they are "out of stock".

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MarcRecon

@BH14 said:

@MarcRecon said:

Why did you wait so long to sell after mid november launch? If you sold a couple weeks after launch (considering you got it launch day), youcould have sold it for $600 on ebay and make big profit. I was scoping ebay a lot and that is where it was selling for. If you waited like 2 months after launch to sell, you will make little profit or even break even on ebay as they are coming more available.... They are still nowhere to be found around me and online retailers though. How much did you sell to friend?

I was keeping track of the prices on ebay but felt like it wasn't really worth it considering the cost for shipping and the percentage cut ebay was getting....and I sold it for 350.00.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MarcRecon

@dalger21 said:

As much as I hate Wal-mart, they seem to always have them in stock. Target randomly has them in stock and never announce they have it. I was there a few weeks ago and they had about 10 on the shelf but if you look at their website, it will say they are "out of stock".

Target got a whole lot more to be worried about!!

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

@MarcRecon

The fact is if you sold the PS4 in November, you would have gotten like $600 on ebay. If you sell it on ebay right now, you would have gotten nearly $500. I am scoping the PS4s on ebay right now and this PS4 just sold minutes ago sold for $495 which includes shipping price. If you look at the ebay PS4 listings, the price is still selling near $500. The numbers don't lie. Here are links.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStation-4-Brand-New-/131090126005?pt=Video_Games&hash=item1e859494b5 =$495

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Playstation4-PS4-Latest-Model-500-GB-Jet-Black-Console-New-Factory-Sealed-/350970132499?pt=Video_Games&hash=item51b7733813

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Game-Consoles-/139971/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=playstation+4#item1e859494b5

You made a big mistake selling it for $350.... After tax, you probably took a $90 loss. All you had to do is check ebay for the prices. And I am not counting the PS4s with 0 sale history seller who undersells it and is probably a scam or the seller who has a 0 purchase history schill bidding to overprice the PS4.

If you sold in November on ebay, you would have made like $130 profit. If you sold today and judging by the ebay listings, you would have made like $20 profit.

I wouldn't be surprised if your friend took the PS4 that he bought from you for $350 and would later sell it on ebay for like $500. Easy money!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MarcRecon

@BH14 said:

@MarcRecon

The fact is if you sold the PS4 in November, you would have gotten like $600 on ebay. If you sell it on ebay right now, you would have gotten nearly $500. I am scoping the PS4s on ebay right now and this PS4 just sold minutes ago sold for $495 which includes shipping price. If you look at the ebay PS4 listings, the price is still selling near $500. The numbers don't lie. Here are links.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStation-4-Brand-New-/131090126005?pt=Video_Games&hash=item1e859494b5 =$495

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Playstation4-PS4-Latest-Model-500-GB-Jet-Black-Console-New-Factory-Sealed-/350970132499?pt=Video_Games&hash=item51b7733813

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Game-Consoles-/139971/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=playstation+4#item1e859494b5

You made a big mistake selling it for $350.... After tax, you probably took a $90 loss. All you had to do is check ebay for the prices. And I am not counting the PS4s with 0 sale history seller who undersells it and is probably a scam or the seller who has a 0 purchase history schill bidding to overprice the PS4.

If you sold in November on ebay, you would have made like $130 profit. If you sold today and judging by the ebay listings, you would have made like $20 profit.

I wouldn't be surprised if your friend took the PS4 that he bought from you for $350 and would later sell it on ebay for like $500. Easy money!

Well, anything less then triple or at least double my money back isn't worth it to me....and considering I see him on the PSN every night playing Battle Field 4, I hardly think he'd make any money selling a used PS4.