Playstation failed promises are dissed by xbox

This topic is locked from further discussion.

son_of_akiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 son_of_akiller
Member since 2007 • 417 Posts
Speaking to Destructoid, Aaron Greenberg, Director of Product Management for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live, added fuel to the red-hot fanboy fire when discussing PS3's upcoming lineup for 2008. Greenberg's statement is certainly going to inspire some truly extraordinary comments from PS3 and Xbox 360 fans alike. While he is a Microsoft spokesperson, we wonder: do his complaints have merit? Read on:

"I know a lot of folks enjoy watching the console wars and we would never underestimate our competition. But answer to your question specifically, didn't Sony promise all of this last year including Home as well? We have been fighting Sony's promises from the day we entered the market and if you remember at that time it was all about PS2 being an online cybercity with partner announcements from the likes of RealNetworks and AOL. Then three years ago at E3 they showed what PS3 games would supposedly look like with the Killzone 2 video, that we are now learning will ship four years later. That means that we will have shipped Gears of War and Gears of War 2 before they can even get Killzone out the door," he said. "Think back to GDC 2007 when Sony promised to leap ahead in online with the Sony Home unveil. Here we are two years later and multiple delays for a product that appears to have little to no buzz. Where are the achievements? The friends list integration across all games? Where is the long-promised video store? Where are all the other products using and networking with their CELL chip? How come Blu-ray did not result in better games? What happened with Sixaxis and rumble? Where is the complete 1080p game library we were promised? If Blu-ray as they said would be such a catalyst to PS3 console sales, then why have PS3 sales over the past couple months not seen any lift since the format victory?"

Certainly, being a Playstation devotee has been frustrating. The system has been plagued by a slow start, and a number of key delays. Home and in-game XMB continue to be promises that have failed to materialize. This is a "ten year life cycle" on Sony's part -- but should that mean we should wait so long for the good stuff?
illustrated212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 illustrated212
Member since 2008 • 220 Posts

I'm just happy to play all the great games on a System, without it taking the crapper in front of my face 13 months later, and me waisting almost a $1000 "games, controllers, etc.." on a pile of crap! Maybe Sony actually takes the time to make sure there products, and games are legit! Instead of rushing it, like a horney old fart on a first date!

Patience is hard to learn, yes! But the saying goes for those who wait, your patience never goes unrewarded!

henry1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 henry1989
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts

I'm just happy to play all the great games on a System, without it taking the crapper in front of my face 13 months later, and me waisting almost a $1000 "games, controllers, etc.." on a pile of crap! Maybe Sony actually takes the time to make sure there products, and games are legit! Instead of rushing it, like a horney old fart on a first date!

Patience is hard to learn, yes! But the saying goes for those who wait, your patience never goes unrewarded!

illustrated212

Nicely said...I would rather wait until the product is fully finished and prepared than be dissapointed with a rush job.

Kougaiji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kougaiji
Member since 2004 • 285 Posts
That's true that Sony is reliable, but they better deliver some good **** sometime this summer. They said In-Game XMB will be available by summer but if that gets delayed, something is **** up with them. I think everyone, especially the older PS3 owners, have been patient and waited long enough.
BoobyUnger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 BoobyUnger
Member since 2004 • 1305 Posts
just because ms can pinch a game out their cheeks here and there doesnt mean their good and to dis ones competion is to underestimate and its just gonna end up sliding up their crack and their just gonna have to take it. i mean what they say in this little rant not an article is stuff that their machein cannot not even do. Sony is much more savy on their financial futures compared to microsoft which is just out for money not customer satisfaction.
Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

Lol, I agree and I disagree with him.

I agree that Sony shouldnt say the stuff theyre saying, and then keep delaying it.

But I disagree because I dont think he should be saying stuff about a rival company. Thats just BS.

Ohwell. And yes, I do have a PS3 aswell.

Yng-ePIc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Yng-ePIc
Member since 2005 • 804 Posts

Its all about the games to me, and the PS3 has kept me occupied and happy with the ones I have. I couldn't care less about home and in game XBM, sure I would like to have both, but that's not why I got a PS3.

I'm happy with the features I have now, and better exclusives are dropping over time. Once PS3 gets its RPG's to the caliber of the PS2, I don't think anything could slow it down.

--Sinister--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 --Sinister--
Member since 2006 • 3136 Posts
5 cents and a peice of used gum
supreuph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 supreuph
Member since 2007 • 654 Posts

I guess the real question is if anybody actually expected all those things when Sony said they would come, or if we as PS3 owners were just pumped to be getting this stuff at any point and time. I personally don't care that I didn't get all that stuff when Sony said it would be out. I didn't own a working PS3 until March. The fact that any of this stuff is coming to fruition is fine with me. Killzone 2 got delayed? Who cares. That's one game that they didn't come through on. Does Nintendo catch any flack for delaying SSBB? No, because the title was stellar.

Home is a different story since it's been delayed significantly. 1080p gaming is something that you can only really expect with PS3 exclusives, so I expect at least some of the upcoming titles to support it (LBP, MGS4, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, FFXIII). And bluray should result in a better game, starting with MGS4. I mean, they had to reluctantly compress some audio just to get all of it on a 50GB disc. You can't tell me that would be possible with any other media. It's not that Sony isn't delivering, they're just not delivering on time. As far as I'm concerned, that's not an issue.

There's an overarching issue that his guy's appealing to, and it's the gaming public's thirst for the next big thing. Very seldom do we actually take the time to enjoy a great game. While many critics of the console will say that there aren't any excellent exclusives, just great multiplats and really good exclusives, aren't those games still good games? Do those games not count as games to be played? Does a game have to average 90% for anybody to want to play it? No. That's what some people would like you to think, but it's just not true. The three games I've enjoyed most this gen have an average score of 8.2 by GS (PixelJunk Monsters, Mario Strikers Charged, SSBB).

The only thing Sony has dropped the ball on is backward compatibility. Idiots who just don't want anybody criticizing their precious choice of console will try to argue that the exlusion of BC is no big deal. But the truth is that Sony told us we'd be able to play PS1, PS2, and PS3 games on this console. And with the exclusion of PS2 compatibility, an enormous and stellar library of titles become unavailable to PS3 owners who never owned a PS2, traded in their PS2 to afford a PS3, or planned to backtrack and buy some really good games that they just didn't get a chance to play. I've bought 8 PS2 games since I've gotten my PS3.

initiald411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 initiald411
Member since 2005 • 787 Posts
someone said the magic word RPG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts
Umm, I've been more then happy with my Ps3, Im enjoying everything it offers. The only con I can think of is a lack of rpgs right now however thats not Sony's fault it's developers. Playstation 3 is the most awesome console I have ever owned!