PlayStation Camera

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

I just got a PlayStation 4 and want to try everything it has to offer. So i've been wondering about the camera, but is there really any support and use of it as of now?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I got it for free with my Killzone bundle. To be honest there's not much use of it right now to justify it's purchase. PlayRoom is decent and showcases what the Camera can do, but I'd wait a bit before you jump the gun.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SoAmazingBaby

Alright. A bundle you say? I got a killzone bundle too, but no camera.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BattleSpectre

@SoAmazingBaby said:

Alright. A bundle you say? I got a killzone bundle too, but no camera.

Yeah, my 'Player Edition' Killzone Shadow Fall bundle came with the game, 2 controllers and the PlayStation camera. As you can see the picture on the box shows you a rough idea.

Keep in mind I live in Australia so I'm not sure if it was exclusive to us, I also believe the UK got this bundle.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SoAmazingBaby

Cool stuff man. Didn't have this in Denmark I think. Was it cheap?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BattleSpectre

@SoAmazingBaby: It was $100 on top of the standard price. I think it was a great deal, the only problem was it wasn't a launch day bundle. I had to wait 2-3 weeks for it to officially release.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

The main uses my family and I have for it are the voice commands that I use (not often) and Just Dance 2014 that my wife and daughter play. I'm looking forward to project morpheus if they can do it right, and that will use the camera.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

If you're the type to stream your game sessions and/or post live, let's play videos than the camera is quite useful.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SoAmazingBaby

Thanks for the inputs guys! :)

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

The voice commands are practically useless, the Playroom is a tech demo that's fun for about 3 minutes, and the login stuff is spotty. I honestly just got it because I own Move controllers, and I figured I may as well be able to access them, but so far there's nothing on that front. It sounds like it's required for the VR helmet, so that's nice.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#11 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@SoAmazingBaby said:

I just got a PlayStation 4 and want to try everything it has to offer. So i've been wondering about the camera, but is there really any support and use of it as of now?

We need to wait, there isn't a lot of games for the PS4 overall. So i expect that there will be more games coming for it and features aswell

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

no use for the camera right now, I'm hoping they bring back the move controller to be fair and just make a decent sports game, I mean Wii Sports is probably the most played game ever lol, it is great just give me a good selection of sports which work well with it and i'm sold, other than that unless your a twitch user or ustream user then there is no point to it really.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I thoughtn it was better than to create a new one.

So are there any games besides Playroom and this dancing game that support the camera as of now? Or is there anything comming which supports the device? So far the PS4 camera is amongst the least used accessoires I ever saw, it is like the R.O.B of this gen :S

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bezza2011

@ArchoNils2: Still nothing, I'm still waiting for them to make a Sports Champions game for it, I loved that game on the PS3 with the move controllers, I hate these big companies inventing this stuff and then half heartdly supporting it, because no one is interested and the only reason no one is interested in this stuff is because they don't support it in the first place. the only use for this camera is for twitch at the moment and the playroom which does nothing other than give you a platform to livestream which is funny at times, but other than that nothing, it is going to come into play once they released Morpheus the VR headset they are making but even that may take another couple of years,

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@bezza2011 said:

@ArchoNils2: Still nothing, I'm still waiting for them to make a Sports Champions game for it, I loved that game on the PS3 with the move controllers, I hate these big companies inventing this stuff and then half heartdly supporting it, because no one is interested and the only reason no one is interested in this stuff is because they don't support it in the first place. the only use for this camera is for twitch at the moment and the playroom which does nothing other than give you a platform to livestream which is funny at times, but other than that nothing, it is going to come into play once they released Morpheus the VR headset they are making but even that may take another couple of years,

I'm afraid this was just to show that they can also make their own Kinect. It's kinda sad that multiplat games that use functions of the Kinect do not offer the same experience ofn the camera. I guess the Kinect API is much better? I don't know :s

Oh and a new Sports Champions, especially if it included the Gladiator fights, would be a day1 for me

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bezza2011

@ArchoNils2 said:

@bezza2011 said:

I'm afraid this was just to show that they can also make their own Kinect. It's kinda sad that multiplat games that use functions of the Kinect do not offer the same experience ofn the camera. I guess the Kinect API is much better? I don't know :s

Oh and a new Sports Champions, especially if it included the Gladiator fights, would be a day1 for me

Very sad I mean if your going to invent it then why not support it with at least 1 or 2 quality games like Sport Champions. and no matter what anyone feels about the Move controller itself, it is the best motion controller there has ever been it was pretty much 1:1 and it worked well. it's a real shame I have the camera but it's just packed away until i have a use for it.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@SoAmazingBaby said:

There is voice commands for the Camera, but you can also access the voice commands with the free mic that comes with the PS4.