playstation 3 the biggest mistake i ever bought

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ps3neveragain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ps3neveragain
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

hi , first know that im not a xbox fan boy trying to spit on the ps3

since the first playstation i was addicted to that console , mostly because of final fantasy and other great games

i never had any issue whit my playstations beside the hard disk drive for ps2 who broke for no reason but sony didn't ask for anything else than the shipping cost to send me a new one , i was quite happy of sony product .

now as for the playstation 3 , i should never have bought that , after 5 month my ps3 didn't want to read blu-ray disk and as it have a 1 year waranty i called sony and got it repair ( or theyshipped me another one i don't know or care) and now 7 month later it break again .... the same problem , it stopped reading blu-ray disk again , as i called sony they told me that since my 1 year warranty is over i would have to pay half the price of a new ps3 to have it repair ....

so today i cleaned the lens of the blu-ray disk drive hoping it would work , still remain disapointed as nothing have changed , now my ps3 is only usefull for ps1 and ps2 game or downloaded ps3 game ( wich are outdated and/or lame )

but hey ! why would i blame sony for this good for garbage product , i am the one at fault , if only i didn't buy a 1080 p 46" sony bravia , a sony digital audio/video control center , many game for ps3 which include rock band and a tons of songs and many other things for ps3 ( like the psEye ) so if only i didn't buy all that stuff and choose to buy a hi-tech computer maybe i wouldn be so much disapointed .

now a word of advice for those who would want to buy a ps3 : don't do that mistake . why? simply because all the good game will be on xbox too unless you really want to try the exclusive to ps3 game like the really lame pixeljunk game , little big planet (i didnt like it but some people does ) or home who disapointed tons of ps3 user get yourself a xbox or wait for a better xbox to come out or get a nintendo wii

now if you still want to buy a ps3 ask yourself : is there another console who could offer me the same and more game , what this console offer me that other don't ? sixaxis? you will almost never use it , ability to install ubuntu or other linux explorer ( i tryed ubuntu and yellow dog only to never use it since a 50$ pc can do better ) seriously after 1 year of being disapointed by game being retarded ( like HOME ) or canceled , knowing that final fantasy 13 would get on xbox , knowing that star ocean would be for xbox only , no improvment in the in-game acces to xmb , or the chating whit friends , i mean ... come on sony , xbox was out years before your ps3 and you still can't have your console to do half the stuff xbox do .

now i hope that some people thinking about buying a ps3 will read this and think twice about it , and i hope some people who already have a ps3 sell it before its too late like i should have done

biglewiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 biglewiss
Member since 2007 • 157 Posts
that sucks for you. had my ps3 for 2 years now. blu-rays rule!
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

lol, at TC's name. Fail.

dd

Anywho, who here likes chocolate chip cookies?

Mike_1511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mike_1511
Member since 2003 • 265 Posts
uhh... my ps3 is from launch and i use it all the time never had any problems with it, but i've been through 4 xbox 360's. 360 failure rate is over 30% and them fans are way to annoying
bizzy420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bizzy420
Member since 2005 • 2730 Posts
[QUOTE="ps3neveragain"]

since the first playstation i was addicted to that console , mostly because of final fantasy and other great games

i never had any issue whit my playstations beside the hard disk drive for ps2 who broke for no reason but sony didn't ask for anything else than the shipping cost to send me a new one , i was quite happy of sony product .

now as for the playstation 3 , i should never have bought that , after 5 month my ps3 didn't want to read blu-ray disk and as it have a 1 year waranty i called sony and got it repair ( or theyshipped me another one i don't know or care) and now 7 month later it break again .... the same problem , it stopped reading blu-ray disk again , as i called sony they told me that since my 1 year warranty is over i would have to pay half the price of a new ps3 to have it repair ....

so today i cleaned the lens of the blu-ray disk drive hoping it would work , still remain disapointed as nothing have changed , now my ps3 is only usefull for ps1 and ps2 game or downloaded ps3 game ( wich are outdated and/or lame )

but hey ! why would i blame sony for this good for garbage product , i am the one at fault , if only i didn't buy a 1080 p 46" sony bravia , a sony digital audio/video control center , many game for ps3 which include rock band and a tons of songs and many other things for ps3 ( like the psEye ) so if only i didn't buy all that stuff and choose to buy a hi-tech computer maybe i wouldn be so much disapointed .

now a word of advice for those who would want to buy a ps3 : don't do that mistake . why? simply because all the good game will be on xbox too unless you really want to try the exclusive to ps3 game like the really lame pixeljunk game , little big planet (i didnt like it but some people does ) or home who disapointed tons of ps3 user get yourself a xbox or wait for a better xbox to come out or get a nintendo wii

now if you still want to buy a ps3 ask yourself : is there another console who could offer me the same and more game , what this console offer me that other don't ? sixaxis? you will almost never use it , ability to install ubuntu or other linux explorer ( i tryed ubuntu and yellow dog only to never use it since a 50$ pc can do better ) seriously after 1 year of being disapointed by game being retarded ( like HOME ) or canceled , knowing that final fantasy 13 would get on xbox , knowing that star ocean would be for xbox only , no improvment in the in-game acces to xmb , or the chating whit friends , i mean ... come on sony , xbox was out years before your ps3 and you still can't have your console to do half the stuff xbox do .

now i hope that some people thinking about buying a ps3 will read this and think twice about it , and i hope some people who already have a ps3 sell it before its too late like i should have done

how did you clean the lens? did you have to open your ps3?
Mike_1511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mike_1511
Member since 2003 • 265 Posts

ps3neveragain
Ps2 has a hard drive?
POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts
ummm learn to take better care of it and always buy the extended warranty such as what bestbuy offers i did my 60gb broke walked in with it and walked right back out with the 80gb and bought a new warranty with money left over from previous purchase with no problems.
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

What you fight with you Blu-ray reader Oo; you are the only one wjo says PS3 break faster than Xbox 360,

and about the games still ps3 got many great games and many good exclusives coming soon so saying 360 is better than PS3 isnt right at all but Wii I agree with you its light years ahead of the other 2 consoles.

psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 psyum
Member since 2006 • 3268 Posts

lol, at TC's name. Fail.

dd

samuraiguns
I do :D
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Should have bought the in-store extended warranty.

I see you made an account just to announce the world about the garbage product that so many of us enjoy. What's all that about?

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 samuraiguns
[QUOTE="samuraiguns"]

lol, at TC's name. Fail.

dd

psyum

Good, because all your Oatmeal belong to us!

psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 psyum
Member since 2006 • 3268 Posts
[QUOTE="psyum"][QUOTE="samuraiguns"]

lol, at TC's name. Fail.

dd

samuraiguns

isnt it all your oatmeals are belong to us? :P
MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts

Hey c'mon people, give the guy a break, everybody has a bad experience. As for me, I bought my PS3 the first day it came out, and it's great for me still. Sounds to me like you just got ******. Sony was reporting some bugs in their newer model PS3's.

bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#16 bigd575
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts
Sorry you felt that way but I couldn't care because I really enjoy mine.
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 samuraiguns
[QUOTE="samuraiguns"][QUOTE="psyum"] I do :D psyum

isnt it all your oatmeals are belong to us? :P

My mistake, but, a honest mistake it was...8)

Trick933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Trick933
Member since 2005 • 808 Posts
Hmm i love my ps3
rsoxguy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 rsoxguy12
Member since 2007 • 1602 Posts

lol

okay, mr. level 1, 1 post. And your name indicates troll.

GunningGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GunningGuru
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts

Right there with you bro, I'm on my fourth ps3, and im upset with it not having games that please me, though I do like the call of duties and uncharted; but i just found out that killzone doesnt have split screen offline or online, which is a total buzzkill. I lost a lot of respect for them

Xternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#21 Xternal
Member since 2005 • 530 Posts
I'd recommend looking after it more carefully.
360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts
I was slightly sympathetic until I started reading about why you prefer the 360 with points which had nothing to do with your initial complaint with the PS3, nice try.
goosey7683

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#23 goosey7683
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts
wow i dont know cuz my ps3 kicks a$$!
POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts
ummm learn to take better care of it and always buy the extended warranty such as what bestbuy offers i did my 60gb broke walked in with it and walked right back out with the 80gb and bought a new warranty with money left over from previous purchase with no problems.
ps3neveragain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ps3neveragain
there a tutorial on youtube about this , work fine if your real probleme is only about a dirty lens
barker132000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 barker132000
Member since 2008 • 218 Posts

Electronics fail, get over it.

Theres a crap ton of people with defective Xbox's, PS3's and yes even Wii's...........im on Wii #2

It happens, stereos, game systems, tv's, mp3 players, phones etc.

People get a lemon here and there..............as for people saying they are on their 3rd and 4th system..........thats either ridiculous, or just flat out your fault for being less than carefull with your system.

Clean your system regularly with canned air, buy an intercooler, do something, anything, BUT complain.

S*** happens

ps3neveragain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ps3neveragain
heh the forum didnt work as i wish , the answer was for the guy asking how i cleaned the lens
-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#28 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts
You can't see it but I'm playing the world's smallest violin. My controller is broken right now, and I should call Sony soon to replace it since Killzone 2 is out this month. Otherwise its such a gorgeous console. I love it so much, the 360 is getting my attention now but when Killzone 2 comes home its going to be fantastic!
ps3neveragain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ps3neveragain
well as i can't answer every question or comments on by one as i'd like to do , i will send a last post trying to aswer as i can . yes ps2 had hdd as long as you bought the big ps2 , the modem and the final fantasy 11 pack . i take really good care of my stuff since i paid a lot of money for all that sony kit thinking it would last long but as my ps3 broke twice i guess ill never get to use the 1080 as i would like . don't get me wrong , as i said im not a xbox fanboy , the only thing i liked about xbox is halo and was making fun of my friend who had to send their xbox to repair every 6 month , what i was really trying to point is that even after waiting , sony failed to do a better console than microsoft and come on .... 1 year 1 month and it broke twice for the same reason .... why i didnt want to buy xbox ? because it break ....
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts
the PS3 chooses who it wants to be owned by. In your case, it wasn't you.
iLL_SuiTed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 iLL_SuiTed
Member since 2007 • 226 Posts

ita a sad day when people are complaining over ps3 defect rates and prefer the 25% (or more havnt checked in a while) defect rate of 360

while i do not own a 360 i have nothing against it but in all honosty anyone except a 360 fanboy will agree that the defect rates on those things are crippling.

also sony still has plenty of good exclusives such as anything insomniac liscences and metal gear and killzone.

i notice ur one post and name and cant help but assume the first 2-3 sentances of you claiming to actually like sony commpletely and utterly false

but if indeed this is a tru case i hope you enjoy your 360 and the 2-3 months with it before RROD

burstlimit514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 burstlimit514
Member since 2008 • 644 Posts
You would get mad if you had a 360. Red rings of death. Had my ps3 for a year now and it has only messed up on me onece but it got fixed with a playstation update so i'm cool. Maybe you should get a 40 gig. havnet heard of any failures on it. And i have a bunch of stuff on it and have 20 gig left.
burstlimit514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 burstlimit514
Member since 2008 • 644 Posts

Electronics fail, get over it.

Theres a crap ton of people with defective Xbox's, PS3's and yes even Wii's...........im on Wii #2

It happens, stereos, game systems, tv's, mp3 players, phones etc.

People get a lemon here and there..............as for people saying they are on their 3rd and 4th system..........thats either ridiculous, or just flat out your fault for being less than carefull with your system.

Clean your system regularly with canned air, buy an intercooler, do something, anything, BUT complain.

S*** happens

barker132000
Wii's fail??? Wow have not heard anyone complain about the wii tech. and i agree on fourth or fith system you are doing something.
Avatar image for tylergamereview
tylergamereview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#35 tylergamereview
Member since 2006 • 2051 Posts
So you think the PS3 is an abomination because YOURS broke twice? You should splash some water on your face buddy. Snap out of it. And that game stuff you said about the 360 having better games? Tell me, is it a fact that the 360 will have better games? No. It is your opinion. It is your own opinion that games that are not even out yet will be great. And if you do enjoy them, get the most out of them you can. Because no matter what, your 360 will die. And you will have to get it repaired. You fail. Now, I would like some chocolate chip cookies.
ps3neveragain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ps3neveragain
yes xbox break a lot more than ps3 , even around me , my friends who own a xbox ended up buying a ps3 , i think it have a lot to do whit the fact that their xbox broke at least once . i have no idea about those exclu u pointed since im not much of a shooter player , the only shooter i liked was cod4 and i bought cod5 only to be disapointed , in cod4 i was sniping and never had so much fun in a shooter but in cod5 i end up running around whit my ppsh-41 , mp-40 or type-100 as using something else lead to nothing for me and i tryed . im more of a rpg fan and im disapointed at the fact that there almost none on ps3 . fyi i was a ps3 fan boy until today and yes i admit that registering to a forum to complain about my bad luck is a bit idiot but im really angry since even after opening my ps3 and carefully making my way to the lens to clean it all for nothing got me angry at this sony product . now , what the hell can i do whit my broken ps3 ????? ps1-2 game no thanks , web on big screen ok but my computer can do it too , beside the blu-ray game , what remains ?
ps3neveragain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ps3neveragain
yes xbox break a lot more than ps3 , even around me , my friends who own a xbox ended up buying a ps3 , i think it have a lot to do whit the fact that their xbox broke at least once . i have no idea about those exclu u pointed since im not much of a shooter player , the only shooter i liked was cod4 and i bought cod5 only to be disapointed , in cod4 i was sniping and never had so much fun in a shooter but in cod5 i end up running around whit my ppsh-41 , mp-40 or type-100 as using something else lead to nothing for me and i tryed . im more of a rpg fan and im disapointed at the fact that there almost none on ps3 . fyi i was a ps3 fan boy until today and yes i admit that registering to a forum to complain about my bad luck is a bit idiot but im really angry since even after opening my ps3 and carefully making my way to the lens to clean it all for nothing got me angry at this sony product . now , what the hell can i do whit my broken ps3 ????? ps1-2 game no thanks , web on big screen ok but my computer can do it too , beside the blu-ray game , what remains ?
ps3neveragain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ps3neveragain
sorry idk why but it got double posted
a-h-m-a-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 a-h-m-a-d
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
dude, u know that ur profile name indicates that ur a xbox fanboy, and go tell ur story to someone who cares:roll:
ps3neveragain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ps3neveragain

So you think the PS3 is an abomination because YOURS broke twice? You should splash some water on your face buddy. Snap out of it. And that game stuff you said about the 360 having better games? Tell me, is it a fact that the 360 will have better games? No. It is your opinion. It is your own opinion that games that are not even out yet will be great. And if you do enjoy them, get the most out of them you can. Because no matter what, your 360 will die. And you will have to get it repaired. You fail. Now, I would like some chocolate chip cookies. tylergamereview

take the time to read if you complain about what i say .....

a-h-m-a-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 a-h-m-a-d
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
are u abusing ur ps3 or something?
Avatar image for tylergamereview
tylergamereview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#43 tylergamereview
Member since 2006 • 2051 Posts
I did. I pointed out the stuff you said. That stuff about the games on the 360. Specifically, You pointed out Star Ocean and Final Fantasy 13. Take the time to read if you complain about what I say.
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#44 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
[QUOTE="ps3neveragain"]

i'm sorry for you, dude... but my PS3 is working perfectly fine! and i have no plans of getting other systems! if my PS3 breaks, i'll get another one! coz it's truly worth it!