PlayStation 2 Problem Reading Playstation Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mauro2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 mauro2424
Member since 2014 • 37 Posts

I have my own Playstation 2 PAL Slim Console (SCPH-77004) which i brought about 6 years ago maybe even more than that.

Problem: My Playstation 2 wont read any CD-s (Playstation 1 Games) but it will play just fine DVD-s (Playstation 2 Games)

Description of a problem:

Playstation Slim Console (SCPH-7704) i put my Playstation 1 Game (Which is on CD-r 700mb) in to my Playstation 2 and i turn on my Playstation 2 and the disc start spinning but for some reason it is like going to start reading it but then it stops...It also makes a weird noise like the disc is stuck by something but i am sure that there is nothing in way of the disk ...

Noise is heard about 5 times and then playstation starts skipping it (Playstation 2 is not even trying to read it anymore) and then it sends me to Playstation 2 menu and then disc finally stops spinning and of course game is not loaded.

But if i try putting a Playstation 2 Game (Which is on DVD-r 4.7gb) in to my Playstation 2 the disc starts spinning and loading without any noise and it finnaly comes to successfull Playstation 2 text and it load game just fine.

Something to note aswell:

My Playstation Slim Console (SCPH-7704) was opened and cleaned form dust,and also lens were cleaned.

It has started causing problem before i cleaned it.(Never opened before the problem occured)

It was running 6 or more years with an month or 2 unusing it.

Any soulution to fix this?

Can this be a warning that my Playstation 2 will stop reading DVD-s too?

Is this end of my Playstation 2?

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

@mauro2424: this sounds much like the PS2 doesn't have a backward compatibility,even if it does,it won't do good,I remember booting up Dino Crisis 2 and Pepsiman in the system before it was consumed by age,outcome is that the games don't run properly. So long story short, backwards compatibility isn't the thing for a legend

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

Try a PS2 game that was released on CD-ROM. They have a blue back instead of silver. If they cannot read either, your disk drive is starting to go out.

It is probably not a backwards compatibility issue, my slim PS2 plays my PS1 games just fine.

mauro2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mauro2424

@Smashbrossive50:

I have played PS1 Games on my Playstation 2 for over an 1 year but today it just stopped reading them.

mauro2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mauro2424

@RossRichard:

Playstation 2 game on CD-ROM,I have seen those but I dont have any.

I only have Playstatiion 2 Games on DVD with silver back and Playstation Games with black back.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#6 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@mauro2424 said:

@RossRichard:

Playstation 2 game on CD-ROM,I have seen those but I dont have any.

I only have Playstatiion 2 Games on DVD with silver back and Playstation Games with black back.

Sorry to hear that Mauro, do you have PlayStation 3? If not now would be a great time to invest.

mauro2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mauro2424

@Coolyfett:

No i do not have a PlayStation 3.Reason why is because the prize is too high and also the games are really expensive.I would rather brought a gaming PC then a Playstation 3,but if in any near future I would get some extra money i could buy a Playstation 3 just because i brought the First and the second one.I just think PC is more multi-tool than just having a console for gaming.Anyway thanks for everyone help.