This topic is locked from further discussion.

ErynArroyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ErynArroyo
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Hi, i just purchased a 26 inch Westinghouse 720p tv and i hooked the ps3 up to it and it works great except for when i put in a blu-ray movie or dvd. when it goes to play the dvd or blu ray movie the screen turns pink and then the movie runs fine but the entire picture is pink. do you guys have any idea why its doing this? its not the hdmi cable cause ive tried a few different ones, its not the ps3 because i tried it on my other tv, so im guessing its some setting with the tv or ps3, but i cant figure it out. thanks for any advice.
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts

Hi, i just purchased a 26 inch Westinghouse 720p tv and i hooked the ps3 up to it and it works great except for when i put in a blu-ray movie or dvd. when it goes to play the dvd or blu ray movie the screen turns pink and then the movie runs fine but the entire picture is pink. do you guys have any idea why its doing this? its not the hdmi cable cause ive tried a few different ones, its not the ps3 because i tried it on my other tv, so im guessing its some setting with the tv or ps3, but i cant figure it out. thanks for any advice.ErynArroyo

You could try calling Sony. I am sure there is some setting that you forgot to check off.

DragonByte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DragonByte
Member since 2004 • 138 Posts
If you haven't already, try setting the 24Hz HDMI to off, I found that with it on that my 32 inch Palsonic either wouldn't play or play blue-ray movies weirdly. Hope it helps.
fatedcircle9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fatedcircle9
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts
check your system settings under BR/DVD playback disable the RBGY something
mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts
Make sure you have the latest firmware also. On older firmware the ps3 hdmi didn't work with westinghouse tv sets.